[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>job is listed as "front end web developer" >get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
>job is listed as "front end web developer"
>get a contractor role for one month
>"we want you to implement log in with twitter"
>think why the fuck do you ask me to do that? It's 100% back end.
>back end is in ruby on rails
>"mate I've never used ruby on rails and I am a front end developer, it will fucking take a while"
>learn code base for one week, then put in PR
>anon you're not producing enough, we're ending the contract early.

is it just me or was this fucking stupid?
it's listed as front end.
>>
Consider the following.
There never was a permanent job.
>>
They're retarded
but it still shouldn't have taken a week.
>>
>>56152251
They wanted to pay you front end money for back end work.
>>
>>56152251
This doesn't seem that hard, why weren't you able to complete it?
>>
>>56153597
so basically a cheap hooker
>>
>>56153622
Yeah but if you want to pigeonhole yourself as a one hole slut that's your prerogative. Some of us other sluts go all the way; front end, back end, desktop, web, console, etc.

Gotta step your game up.
>>
>>56153689
but back end is very dirty work anon
>>
>>56153689
You're a doll, got real spunk. Wanna be famous?
>>
File: linus_0.jpg (109KB, 660x447px) Image search: [Google]
linus_0.jpg
109KB, 660x447px
Yeah they're stupid... Although you're also stupid for accepting the contract. You're not alone though, this happens to everyone at some point because clients just don't know what they want. I'm a backend dev and it shits me to tears when a job is advertised as backend but they want me to write shitty javascript/html. At that point I get very angry at them for wasting my time and leave. Live and learn anon, next time this happens don't let the idiots waste your time and look for a better client.

Speaking of shitty clients, this one guy won't stop emailing me about how he wants me to work solo on his meme phone app idea for 10% equity (supposedly it's going to be a google/facebook/twitter killer). At first he lied to me and said he wanted a backend for his "online health supplement store". Then he made me sign an NDA so I could read the design for his meme phone app idea (which is so shit I don't know why he bothered payong a lawyer to write an NDA). The fuckwit still emails me on a daily basis begging me to work for free...

Luckily I have a pretty level headed client at the moment. I'm working on a pretty advanced CNC machine controller, 3D gcode viewer and a phone app to remote control CNC machines. It's been fun so far but will probably take me the rest of the year to finish because I'm the only programmer working on the project...
>>
>>56152251
>back end is in ruby on rails

Dropped.
>>
>>56153729
Ehh I don't really know what I'm talking about. I mostly work in asp.net world, I try to avoid JavaScript, and don't get too crazy with the css.

Shit doesn't really get messy unless you make it or let it get messy. I don't have any experience with ruby to know how much of a clusterfuck it is or isn't.
>>
You have to market yourself as a full stack developer. Do everything and get paid way more.
>>
>>56153972
I am a python backend developer and the backend is a lot cleaner than jshit front
>>
>>56153510
It easily could if you have never done ruby before. I can't believe they trusted a complete noob with the backend. Looks like a pajeet tier company
>>
>tfw hate front end

Anyone know this feel? I'm too ocd about it, and have no knowledge of how to create things that would look good. I can sometimes see something, but no clue how to achieve it.

Writing an android app and I dread making shit look aesthetic. Or putting things in the right spot via pixel shit. So annoying. Then you gotta get the ratios and adjust everything accordingly so it doesn't look like ass on some screens. Ughhh
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.