[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

without using "ethics" as a last ditch effort to sway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: EqP12Lc.jpg (273KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
EqP12Lc.jpg
273KB, 600x900px
without using "ethics" as a last ditch effort to sway me, convince me to switch to a non-windows OS

pro-tip: you can't
>>
Because you want to tell your pc how to do things. Not be told how to do things.
>>
You're bored and want to edit some config files.
>>
Unless your computer is to be used for playing the newest video games or develop for Windows, you would be able to do everything you normally do.

If you're a developer, Linux is the go-to platform.
>>
If you want to do some mad customizations without having Bill Gates and the FBI knocking on your door.

Or you just use your computer for work and just want a pretty environment
>>
You can't "convince" paid Microsoft trolls to do anything but shill and spread bullshit.

Please leave, Microsoft. Your posts are against 4chan rules.
>>
>>56152160
okay, non-Windows/macOS
>>
>>56152154
why would I waste my time customizing my PC when I could have fun playing games or doing something actually productive?
>>
>>56152135
not just the newest games, but games in general.

The vast majority of my game library isn't on Linux, and "doing everything you normally do" means having to find shitty workarounds for my hobbies like digital art and music production
>>
File: really.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>56152075
Actually read the fucking wangblows EULA. If you have half a brain you'll be downgrading to 7 or installing GNU/Linux.
>>
>>56152289
>ethics

you can disable cortana spyware using group policies, other than that it doesnt bother me.
>>
You won't get fucked in the ass for doing legal fringe work

Or illegal work
>>
>>56152311
> Group policies
> gpedit removed from several versions of windows 10
Help stop the botnet, anon. Chose freedom.
>>
>>56152311
>you can disable
You're wrong. You can't disable windows 10 spying and it goes far beyond cortana. Screenshots are sent to microsoft daily. Read the EULA kiddo. You agree that microsoft can remotely access your machine and modify or copy or view any file. I'm not even a freetard but that's too much for me. Only the tech illiterate use windows 10.
>>
File: 1469866761112.png (103KB, 1301x424px) Image search: [Google]
1469866761112.png
103KB, 1301x424px
Don't you want to feel like a l33t haxx0r, OP?
>>
>>56152357
>>56152368
I don't do anything too illegal on my PC, i don't fap to anything too weird, so i don't really care that Microsoft knows what i'm doing
>>
>>56152379
this. linuxfags will say "oh, you can do everything you would normally do", but as soon as it's something other than using a web browser, out comes the terminal and config files
>>
>>56152381
>nothing to hide, nothing to fear
Why do you insist on being fucked over? I'd gladly open my computer for anyone with a valid search warrant signed by a judge. Everyone has a right to privacy and you're giving yours up out of assmad ignorance and refusal to do something a different way. You are a person with rights, so stop acting like a whinny, irrational child and downgrade to 7 or install GNU/Linux. Otherwise don't make garbage threads. Sage.
>>
>>56152479
>more ethics arguments
i don't care about rights or user privacy. I care about having a good OS. I have tried a couple different distros, but i can't see a single benefit besides "muh privacy"
>>
>>56152075
If you have an older machine, Linux will run much much faster

Source: T42p running fantastically with Debian
>>
the only reason to use linux is if you have an interest in technology or you actually do something productive on the computer. so you're right, I can't convince a deadbeat piece of shit to use linux. Sorry.
>>
>>56152548
I have a good PC. 980+4670k

>>56152555
I do plenty of productive things like using excel and quickbooks for my job, or using Adobe illustrator for one of my hobbies. all of which are more difficult on Linux from my experience.
>>
>>56152506
>i don't care about rights or user privacy
You're the cancer killing the free internet. Go back to plebbit you fag.
>I care about having a good OS
>I have tried a couple different distros
Debian. Always Debian.
>>
>>56152664
why Debian?
>>
>>56152075
By using the lastest Windows OS you get forced adds and microsoft apps. But that's not the main problem, as they increase the revenue of Microsoft even if you pirate the OS, that money generated by your traffic, in an unknown ammount got used to pay for Microsoft support branch, mainly located in India, so by using windows 10 you're technically feeding some unknown ammount of curryniggers and indirectly stimulating development in a shithole country that should be nuked with all their sanjai's and pajeets inside.
>>
Here's something that will convert 100% of the people in /g/.

If you use a Linux distro, you can triple shitpost in Microsoft/Linux threads with merit. Use Linux to build a good base so you can join into the *genuine* Gnu/Linux shitposting.
>>
File: yourreply.png (34KB, 719x261px) Image search: [Google]
yourreply.png
34KB, 719x261px
>>56152075
>>
not that difficult. use any other OS if you really want to know and understand what the computer is doing. now, it will take some time... but at least it won't be a blackbox.
>>
>>56152075
You don't have to subscribe to the ethics the makers subscribed to or what inspired them to make something. You don't have to be a Shaker to own Shaker furniture. You don't need to be Jewish to eat Kosher dills.

Also things don't have to all one way or the other. If you have extra time. Give linux a shot and you might find a use. If you don't have the time or interest and you are happy then don't.

Sine you are here and have this attitude. Go back to consumer land. Or roll up your sleeves and put a load on your mind and see what it can do.

Also I bet you've spent a lot of sweat and tears getting and/or keeping your windows up and running. Linux is no different. The only difference is that it doesn't require money to download so there is no money pressure (read: getting what you paid for damnit) to stick with it. It can be a chore to get through but if you love machines and technology you just might like it and find a use for it even.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.