[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am mixing 1866 and 1500 ram or some shit. Computer will work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image (2).jpg (1MB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
image (2).jpg
1MB, 1500x1061px
I am mixing 1866 and 1500 ram or some shit. Computer will work most of the time but then gets all retarded and won't power on or post. Only the fans will run and I sometimes get the memok led while other times I get the graphics card led.

What could be the problem you think?
>>
You can only mix memory that is exactly the same
>>
>>56150915
You shouldn't be doing that. Do you mean 1600?
Try downclocking them both to 1600 or 1333
>>
Or put the slower ram into your number 1 dimm slot, and somtimes it down clocks the next.
>>
"I shouldn't be doing X to Z why is it not working"

Wewlads
>>
>>56151052
>>56151092
>>56151108
Yes I put the faster ram in my number 1 slot boots fine. The ram is from the same manufacturer the only difference is the clock speed. I just don't understand why it would work "most of the time."

So you are saying I should manually down clock the faster stuff?
>>
>>56151125
mixing clock speeds wasn't a problem until 2016, I have mixed clock speeds my whole life. Not sure why it's bad all of a sudden, the faster ram is supposed to down clock itself.
>>
>>56151143
Only booting some of the time? Do you ever blue screen? Try running memtest86+ to ensure there are no bad sectors on the sticks.
>>56151158
Did you do a bios update around this time? Where are you getting 2016 from? As far as I know a windows update shouldnt have messed RAM up. Could mess up the GPU though.

Actually I've had a few AMD A8 Laptops/Desktops with APU and GPU booting into recovery over the last 2 days. This isnt similiar to your problem?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.