[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm not playing video gaymes, is a trackball just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

If I'm not playing video gaymes, is a trackball just completely superior?
>>
no.
I got pic related and it feels cheap, has a bad triggerpoint for the mousebuttons and the ball kind of sticks to the sensors so if it stays still and you move it it first kinda 'jumps'. It's not good.
>>
>>56145195

Eh, I got a 2.0+ kdr with that exact mouse. However, that mouse will break down in 2 months worth of usage -- see phantom clicks. You're better off egetting an elecom or some other non-logitech trackball mouse.
>>
>>56145293
use it a bit more, gets smooth unless you're just covered in shit all day then the little rollers have gunk. you have to clear the rollers anyway, regardless of trackball

>>56145195
it's a great trackball for general use, i use it for fast games and everything else, but the switches it has for all clicks are shit. they will go bad with normal use, probably after a few months or so, faster with gaming.

you can solder new switches in though pretty cheaply as they're very easy to take apart and solder/desolder. I've done this for my older wired ones
>>
>>56145316
I've been using mine for a year now with no failure, works good enough for games for me
>>
>>56145316
Any specific trackball you'd recommend?
>>
>>56145195
yes
>>
>>56145368
Where do you get new switches? Is there an instructables showing how to do it or is it just a matter of opening it and desoldering the switches?
>>
>>56145382

Not all of them have the problem, but I've had this problem with 2 I bought bout 2-3 years back.

>>56145406

Using Elecom wireless trackball (5 button), for over a year and haven't had problems. So I'd say its as good as any. I don't think its available outside of Asia, so you may have to import it.
>>
>>56145195
If you are using 3d software or autocad, then yes.
There is no reason to use it for daily use
>>
>>56145444
http://mklec.com/electromechanical/switches/push-button-switches/omron-d2fc-f-7n-microswitch

these were the ones I bought, got like a dozen to justify the shipping. Just make sure to take pictures of the orientation of the switches on the boards before you desolder them so you have a reference. it's very easy to fix though i don't know how long these switches will last (been a lot longer than the oem switches so far anyway, with heavy gaming on mine for almost a year since my fix).

i game in bed, you get used to this pretty quick from a normal mouse, keyboard in lap takes a little longer
>>
>>56145524
Not having to drag the mouse around is a huge benefit, especially if you don't have much desk space.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.