[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>install Ubuntu >just werks >install Windows 10 >just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: baby gun.jpg (29KB, 384x308px) Image search: [Google]
baby gun.jpg
29KB, 384x308px
>install Ubuntu
>just werks

>install Windows 10
>just apply this patch from some random forum to disable Telemetry
>also apply these registry changes to disable auto updating
>also you need to change these registry keys to disable Cortana
>just change these settings to disable forced, unskippable reboots
>also you need to keep a watch on updates because any time Microsoft will pass a forced update that will revert all the hacks you've made in the OS
>or else you can simply use Windows7/8.1 and never receive any updates again and be exposed to all kinds of malware and viruses

When did Windows become a time sink OS?
>>
File: 1418695486407.gif (75KB, 376x362px) Image search: [Google]
1418695486407.gif
75KB, 376x362px
>>56144680
>Ubuntu
>just werks
>>
>>56144680
Just stick with 7, the new XP.
>>
>>56144701
>put CD/USB
>follow on screen instructions
>done

All you have to do is maybe install another browser (other than Shitfox), shrink the launcher icon side to 32px and change the ugly wallpaper (all done in the same right click on the desktop settings window)

>>56144736
Microsoft is going to EOL 7 this year, where won't be any updates for 7 in 2017.
>>
>>56144754
>Microsoft is going to EOL 7 this year
OH SHI-'

I guess it's time to start testing gentoo out then.
>>
>>56144680
>be exposed to all kinds of malware and viruses
or install common sense 2016
>>
>install 7
>Run dazloader
>install specific drivers
>Auto update everything
>Run aegis to Remove all the bullshit and harmful updates
>Enjoy the best os of the decade before cuckrosft went full NSA lite
>>
Why doesn't Windows have a proper package manager yet?
>>
>>56144680
>Install ubuntu
>Looks like it just werks
>Spend hours in the wiki learning how to use a command prompt in two thousand and fucking 16
>Just have to enter these commands to rip out the amazon spyware
>Just have to manually compile this tar file to install a program
>Just have to elevate myself to root and spend three hours googling commands and dealing with the obnoxious fedora of a community to figure out how to get my application preferences to stick
>Just have to go through the options to enable flashplayer and other "proprietary" packages because the developers have made an ideological decision for me and then hidden the option to reverse it under 16 different menus
>Just have to trouble shoot text corruption from my phone and then install a tweak tool that doesn't come bundled with the OS to prevent the text displayed corrupting itself every time I open any program
>Just have to mess about in the boot partition and open command prompt to manually find and delete old kernel iterations and clear up the inode files in order to be able to download stuff to a separate half full partition because Ubuntu apparently wipe its own arse

>Install windows
>Spend fifteen minutes making reg edit tweaks
>Install telemetry blocking package and follow good internet security to work around the stuff I can't get rid
>LOL WANGBLOWS IS SHITWARE XD
>>
>>56144867
it does, but it still no match to anything Linux has to offer
>>
>>56144890
*ubuntu can't wipe its own arse

>>56144867
It now has one, but it still isn't as good as linux's
The package manager is one of the few things on linux that is outright better than any other os
>>
>>56144790
Don't listen to him, he's a faggot

Security updates will continue until 2020
>>
If you're unhappy with the basic Windows setup why would you install it in the first place? Clearly Ubuntu better suits your needs. You're just bitching for the sake of bitching at this point.
>>
>>56144680
>>install Ubuntu
>>just werks
if posting on chins is really all you do I guess
>>
>>56144680
>install ubuntu
>just works
>install windows 10
>have to install an alternative shell because the default shell keeps crashing and taking down nearly half of the open programs with it
>>
>>56144969
Didn't they said that they will bring the windows 10 update system to windows 7 this October?.
>>
Windows 10 works fine for me.

Perhaps the problem is you, OP. You aren't actually as "good at computers" as your family thinks and your ego won't let you admit that maybe you just suck.
>>
>>56144937
ID JUST LIKE TO INTERJECT FOR A MOMENT, WHAT YOU'RE REFERRING TO AS LINUX IS IN FACT GNU/LINUX, OR AS I'VE RECENTLY TAKEN TO CALLING IT, GNU+LINUX
>>
>>56144680
>When did Windows become a time sink OS?
Since windows 10
>>
File: hqdefault(3).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(3).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>loonix
>Just werking
>>
>install OSX on and AMD machine
>just werks
>have cash money left to blow.
>>
>>56144890
Wait. So flipping binary switches in the registery IS like it should be in 2016 while a cli which is made to do things that can't be accomplished in the gui isn't?
>>
>>56145847
>AMD hackintosh Just Works™
you fucking lie.
>>
>>56146478
That's not what I meant, I was comparing the ease of use and user friendliness of the two

Regedit is far easier for a modern user to rap there heads around, before I had installed Ubuntu I hadn't used CLI for more than 15 minutes at a time in 7 years

A few registry tweaks to get things running how you want them to isn't ideal, but its vastly superior than having to use CLI to accomplish basic things that in 2016 should be easily handled through the gui
>>
>>56146513
forced? no. It even gives you the option on the install screen to NEVER install updtaes. and to never auto install drivers which is why i use it over 10
>>
>>56145201
Is it going to be optional?
>>
Why even bother?
Just install Windows and use it, yoi dont need to do any of that shit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.