[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I'm currently doing a favor for a friend of mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /g/, I'm currently doing a favor for a friend of mine and scrapping and selling his gaming computer. I'm a visual media major / videographer and editor, so I know some things about some computers, but I'm not a gamer. I mean yes I play console games and have a few odd indie games on steam, but I've never built my own computer for gaming so I don't know any of these specs or where to start in terms of what I'm supposed to look for price was. I'm a newbie to all of this, and I don't want to accidentally low ball this guy.

The basics are corsair liquid cooling, 250gb hdd, 16gb of ram,1000w fully modular corsair power supply, AMD 9850 quid core processor, 3d capable ASUS monitor. It's all in a third party casing and DOES NOT have a graphics card in it (he is currently borrowing his roomates who is professional gamer and helped him build it.) It's clocking in at 4.3ghtz with all the cooling systems running. Insignia keyboard. It's all a year old, but is capable of running all modern games with modern graphics.

I've been getting a ton of odd pricing from appraisers considering it is used. Anywhere from $200 for the full thing to $800. I don't know what the deal is with the big gap, and I can't get a straight answer. What would you pay for it / the parts?
>>
>>56144598
>1000w power suppy
>250gb hdd
>3d capable monitor
what is wrong with your friend?

Anyways, the ram should be 80-90$ if it's functional. I don't think anyone would care for a 3d monitor so expect a really low price on it. You're not giving us the full details of the monitor and from the picture, I can't really tell what model it is.

The keyboard is probably worth zero so if you don't plan on using it, add it (for free) during price negotiations so the person might be more willing to buy the item you're selling.

I can't find a proper price on the processor so I'm gonna assume it's 60$. You should also consider selling the motherboard with the processor, and the liquid cooling.

Nobody buys a 250gb hdd so forget that.

The power supply will probably be the best and most expensive item in your build. It's gonna be wanted by a lot of people who don't know anything about building a PC with a proper PSU. I think it's ~150$ but you can sell it for 120.

So far from what you've said, your computer doesn't look like it's even worth anything close to 800$. You need to be more specific.
>>
>>56145349
In all honesty he's a pretty cool guy, he's just not the most knowledged at computers. It was really a project he took on because his roommate said he'd get into it.

I think most of the people willing to shell out $800 where newbies who just want a full set up for what they think is cheap. But I also don't want to screw over some newbie ass kid who's looking for a starter computer.

But this has been a big help, thank you.
>>
>>56145437
If you can identify the actual specs of the items in your computer then I would be able to help you a lot more. It would be good to know what that monitor is, along with the cpu (because the one I found went for 60$ and clocked at 2.5ghz and I didn't believe it).
>>
>>56145520
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-N82E16824236313&gclid=CjwKEAjwudW9BRDcrd30kovf8GkSJAB3hTxFxSiXyL2lsN7FkAsR1f_CS8dJqRsIwiXQlnhFUHQwBBoCsxvw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's the monitor.

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-4-Core-Processor-Socket-FD4100WMGUSBX/dp/B005UBNL0A

This is the closest I can find to the processor
>>
>>56145613
So at this point, with the monitor, you wanna sell it based on how damaged it is. If it's in good condition and you still have the box you can almost sell it for full. Chances are, your friend had this monitor for some time or it may be new so it's probably more prone to having dead pixels. I'd say you can take 230$ for it and bargain from there. The processor on the other hand, is extremely cheap and old. I don't think anyone is going to buy it for any purpose other than a shitty computer so expect some difficulties in finding someone who wants to buy it.

Nonetheless, the processor is still decent. Since it's been overclocked before, you should be able to sell it for 40-50$ depending on how lenient the buyer is.

Anyways, you can figure out the rest from what I've told you so far. Find the item online, check the condition of the item you own, and make sure it's still working. Then you can determine the price from there.
>>
>>56145882
Because he doesn't have a graphics card, I'm not even in the realm of thinking of selling this as a complete bundle. Only a poorfag or moron would want a gaming computer without a graphics card. I've been searching around and as supply and demand is, I'm only seeing these monitors for about $75 at most. He doesn't have the box and there are some dings and scratches. Minor, but noticeable enough. (you can see the weed in the picture so I'm sure you know we're not dealing with amped up aderrall kids who nit pick their set up.)

I'm honestly looking at most at $400 if I can swing a couple of these bundles but damn I feel bad for him. I guess that's what you get when you build without knowing anything about gaming computers.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.