[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"people" who pretend to listen to music and charge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 11

File: USB-Type-C-macro-image.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
USB-Type-C-macro-image.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
>"people" who pretend to listen to music and charge their phone at the exact same time

Embrace the single port + wireless future, or go back to using VGA or the parallel port.
>>
They're saving around 0.30¢ per device by not including the port assuming it uses the already present but not impressive AMP/DAC in the chipset.

You're asking to be jewed.
>>
File: 1470123403075.png (33KB, 341x244px) Image search: [Google]
1470123403075.png
33KB, 341x244px
Fuck you, meme loving corporate cocksucker.
I know you're shitposting, but being passive about this kind of shit is what lets the corporate Jews pull their tricks for more money.
Actively removing features is not good and if you buy into the memes, you're a nigger whore that deserves to die. You're the limp wristed, noodle armed faggots that allow manufacturers to take one step forward and then threw steps backward.
Kill yourself and purge the earth of your retardedness, maybe the gene pool will be free of your neanderthal Semitic cocksuckery.
>>
>>56142407
Anti-consumerism is needing to buy 1000 different cables for something that could be done with one open standard. You're the one being the Jew here.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
Give me two USB Type-C ports

One for charging, one for headphones/speakers/external hard drive, etc.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

Dual USB type C when
>>
>>56142634
>digital audio output
>having a DAC inside your earphones
>falling for the non-analog Jew
There's no need to get rid of 3.5mm. Ever.

>>56142624
>remove easily available and accepted standards in favor of proprietary/more rare connectors and battery sucking wireless technology
>pretty much meaning that companies are gonna look for ways to license out their connector technology to peripheral manufacturers
>somehow I'm the Jew
OK, disillusioned money blower.
>>
>>56142696
>I don't know what USB-C is.png
It's okay bro, I'm sure you're using VGA too, HDMI is made by the Jewish Devil too!
>>
For Apple, the goal is no ports, as Lightning is only used for charging by most people.
>>
My China phone ulefone Vienna has a good audio processor. And I like the 3.5
>>
File: 1470176249816.png (135KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
1470176249816.png
135KB, 288x415px
>in headphone DAC
>>
>>56142278
It's a good idea really, I guess the android equivilent will be USB-C.

WIthout the headphone jack they can make the device thinner and also cheaper.
>>
>>56143268
how do you listen to music then? wireless audio is always 128kbps tier shit
>>
>>56142634
USB hubs exist anon.
>>
File: rekt.png (328KB, 718x354px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
328KB, 718x354px
>>
>>56143407
>thinner
They're thin enough
>cheaper
Yeah right
>>
>>56142278
> go back to using VGA
> implying
>>
>>56143423
Shit bro I'm gonna look so cool lugging around a usb hub everywhere I go.
>>
>>56142624
> buy 1000 different cables
I don't buy cables for in-ear headphones.
Adding a DAC to headphones will make them more expensive.
Kill yourself.
>>
>Try to play a song in a friend's car.
>Car has 3.5mm jack, phone doesn't because lel dead tech.
>Can't pair device over Bluetooth while car is in motion.

How about fuck you.
>>
>>56142624
>Anti-consumerism is needing to buy 1000 different cables for something that could be done with one open standard. You're the one being the Jew here.
>for something that could be done with one open standard

Like the 3.5mm jack you moron?

Oh and btw:

>Anti-consumerism is a sociopolitical ideology that is opposed to consumerism, the continual buying and consuming of material possessions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-consumerism

Your definition is wrong. Apple continually makes you buy more and more shit meaning they more fit the description of anti-consumer.
>>
>Use bluetooth headphones since the psp go era
>Just now applefags tell me that wireless audio is the future
Its, ok I guess...
>>56143571
>Can't pair device over Bluetooth while car is in motion.
U wut m8?
I can do this just fine.
>>
>>56142624
holy shit my initial thought is this is just shitty b8 but I think you're fucking serious.

What, are you using a 3.43 mm cable and need a converter or something? Or some shitty chink cord with a million adapaters?

Fuck me anon get it together

The whole thing that frustrates me about this is that if Apple can get away with it, other manufacturer's will see it and get away with it too. What bugs me even more is I feel like this is just going to wear down ports and perhaps even drain battery.

I want off this anti-consumer ride
>>
>not realizing applel does this so they can earn lightning license fees from headphone manufacturers
>>
>>56143609
I can kinda tell what's he gonna say now.

>but normal people won't ever do that!
>>
>>56142278
But I am using VGA.
>>
>>56143448
CRT screens were thin enough in their time, get ahead retard.
>>
>>56143609
USB-C is more than just for mobile. Accessories, PCs, servers and all other devices are meant to make the switch to USB-C for an all universal cable.

3.5 mm is holding that back because of retro people like you. I've read these same comments back in the DVD and non-HD era.
>>
>>56142278
I plug my phone into both the charger and use it for music in the car all the time.
>>
>>56143234
DisplayPort is a much more freedom friendly connector than HDMI
>>
>>56142278
>comparing VGA to a standard that still works in all of its designated functions nearly 200 years later
>>
3.5mm is superior and whoever says otherwise is a consumerist whore who deserves to get fucked by capitalism and indebted for life

There is literally no reason to replace something that has literally 100% of the market and is a standard already.

Dividers and falsifiers end up in hell for a reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 655x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 655x369px
Daily reminder that physical buttons are not allowing phones to be thin!
>>
>>56144115
>implying a phone being 1mm thinner than another phone is the same as CRTs being several orders of magnitude thicker than LCDs
>>
>>56144256

Apple should remove the speaker next. It takes up far too much internal volume. You don't need speakers when you have wireless headphone capability.
>>
>>56144292
You should work for Apple.
>>
>>56144256
I agree that sound should be adjusted by software and not buttons, but it's not the buttons that's holding thinness back, buttons could be way thinner too.
>>
>>56142278
I'm okay for phasing out the 3.5 if they would put two ports in the device
>>
File: image.png (195KB, 425x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195KB, 425x305px
>>56144370
Then what is holding back phone thinness?
>>
>>56143423
But of course someone who doesn't leave their house would say this.
>>
>>56142624
Let's be honest, you're being paid to sell this bullshit here right. Just another shill ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>56142278
I actually have a hard time going to sleep without music at this point, and I charge my phone over night, every second night.
But what do I care, I'm sure there will be plenty of chinkphones that won't jump on board this stupid meme.
>>
>>56144403
3.5 mm, micro usb.

>>56144416
I don't blame you, you're literally brainwashed by /g/ into believing 10 year old Thinkpads, parallel ports and FireWire are literally superior.
>>
>>56143407
Thinner? Why the fuck do they need to be any thinner, do you want to shave with it? The camera already sticks out at the size they are now and that's fucking retarded. You really want a thinner less durable phone than the .6-.7mm we have now? What manner of idiot are you?
I suppose we should keep making phones smaller too right, 2inch phones are a good thing now right?
>>
The only way this REMOVE 3.55 drive would succeed if they would put THREE USB-C 3.1 (GEDDIT?) ports in one device with mandatory free one 3.5->USB-C adapter. The adapter itself must be of such design that it would latch on securely to the mated 3.5 port to the point that you can just keep the adapter plugged to it and forget about it.
>>
The thin phone meme belongs on /fa/ and nowhere else.
>>
>>56144471
>make phones thinner
>make them bigger
Faggots
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 740x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 740x415px
>>56144492
Don't you want a phone that folds into a tablet?
>>
>>56144446
No mate, I'm just worn down by obvious fucking shills shitting up the board trying to give the impression any right minded person would want this. You're either a shill or a fucking retard and you've been told this by everyone in the thread, so take your pieces of eight and stuff em up your arse.
>>
File: manco.jpg (40KB, 588x263px) Image search: [Google]
manco.jpg
40KB, 588x263px
>>56144337
>>
>>56144522
Do you people even listen to music on your phone? I don't.
>>
>>56143604
Lots of cars disable their center console's more complicated functions while in motion so the driver isn't trying to mess with obscure settings while they should be watching the road.

>>56144151
Holding what back? First of all it *still* won't be universal because of the dueling USB-C/Lightning connectors. Second, what the hell is wrong with the 3.5mm jack?

Universal connectors make sense for things like internet, video, charging, and other interconnects where the cable is completely separate from the device, rather than having tons of competing standards still in use (VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort/MiniHDMI/MiniDisplayPort) but there's no reason the audio jack needs to be cut when 99% of headphones the jack is attached and 99% of users are happy with the headphones they have now that use 3.5mm. Making them buy an adapter or new headphones is the ultimate judaism.
>>
>>56144505
want
>>
I never use my phone, yet I always get a free upgrade whenever my contract is about to expire so I can have whatever the latest phone is at the time.

The state of the industry is so depressing right now that I'm just going to pass on the free upgrade and just pay my tariff, my Galaxy S5 is more than powerful enough to browse the internet and check my bank whilst I'm taking a shit.

I can't wait for someone to actually make a positive feature addition to a phone instead of just constantly taking shit away.
>>
>>56144151
The difference being those medias had different pros and cons, and was something that was gonna happen anyway due to picture quality improvement.
This however brings nothing new to the table, and has no pros. It's just another thing forced on the market no one will really like, because it eliminates the choice.
>>
>>56144151
>3.5 mm is holding that back
How the fuck is it holding anything back, usb 1,2 and 3 all developed just fine alongside 3.5mm jack. It has literally nothing to do with usb-c uptake. How idiotic do you think we are?
>>
>>56144563
We know anon.
>>
>>56144681
should have a physical keyboard tho
>>
>pretending nearly every projector in the wild doesn't still use VGA as the workhorse connector
>>
>>56144534
So you are trying to say that the vast majority of smartphone users don't listen to music on their phones? Wew lad.
>>
>>56144151
>3.5 mm is holding that back
Holding what back? That extra 1mm of thinnes that doesn't matter? I bet you also think that audio can be 100% digital.
>>
>>56142696
>3.5mm jack
>analog
>>
>>56145359
Yeah, I don't think most people listen to music on their phones.
>>
>>56146323
I would also think that way if I haven't gone outside since 2007
>>
>>56142634
This is actually a good idea.
>>
>>56144151
this could've happened with literally any usb cable up to existance, but it isn't practical.
>>
Can analogue signal be sent over USB-C?
>>
>>56142696
>digital audio output
Usb-c supports analog audio in audio accessory mode you're thinking of lightning
>>
>>56143234
HDMI is awfully inferior to DisplayPort.
>>
>"""people""" who use their smartphone to play music
>and post on /g/ no less
>they probably use the earbuds that came with their phone and drive a car with an automatic transmission too
why are you guys even here? Shouldn't you be at Starbucks posting comments on youtube?
>>
>>56142278
Fuck you, kid. I'm not upgrading to your DVI meme port.
>>
>>56144256
I want this to become a meme so Apple will fall for it
>>
>>56142624
>anti-consumerism is about consuming more
>>
>>56147443
Whats wrong with using your phone as a pmp? Are you this autistic? Good low power DACs got cheap enough to be put in most decent phones.
>>
>>56147443
I mainly listen to audio books and talk radio on my "smart" phone.
>>
>All this talk about removing the 3.5mm audio jack to make the phone thinner
>When apple slaps a giant fucking button to the bottom of everything making the bezels 10 times larger than they need to be and actually affects usability
>B-b-but it's so useful and simple to use, just look
>--- .--. . -. / .-. . .-.. .- - .. --- -. ... .... .. .--. ... / .- .-. . / .- / --. --- --- -.. / - .... .. -. --.
>Music app opens
Garbage.
>>
Honestly wireless charging+wireless headphones is the future
>>
>>56142278
>wanting to charge fucking headphones
>>
>>56147848
>it is ILLEGAL to use your cell phone while driving
>a pmp will have a longer battery life compared to using a phone to play music
>modern pmps look cool and are really nice (subjective opinion I know)
>I like having all my music on an SD card and saving the space on my phone for other documents/files/apps I have on there since I also use my phone a bit like a flash drive too
I still have a couple playlists on my phone in case people pass me the aux cord and I don't have my pmp on me
>>
>>56142278
>2017 iphone portless
>>
>>56142278
I don't want phones to get rid of the 3.5mm but honestly I never use it on my phone. I alsmost exclusively use Android Auto / bluetooth for playing music with my phone.
>>
>>56142634
>both work at the same time/ can be used interchangibly

Only issue would be getting 5 volts, so you might need an external 5 volt source for power. It's a fairly dumb idea to include a step up converter in a phone.

Better would be just have most usb-c devices support 3.3 volts
>>
>>56142624
>e done with one open standard.
USB-C is shit, though.
>>
>>56148299
>It's a fairly dumb idea to include a step up converter in a phone.
Better tell that to all the boost/buck converters they already put in the phones for the logic, dumbass.
>>
>>56148129
>saving the space on my phone
?
microSD exists
>>
>>56148259
I use it all the time. OP is right that I never charge my phone and listen to music at the same time though.

I don't want it to go. I accidentally got chocolate all over my USB phone ports and broke them for a month. I was glad I saved the headphone jack.
>>
>>56148129
>it is ILLEGAL to use your cell phone while driving
Because using a dedicated PMP while driving is better, huh? Just set the playlist before you drive.

>a pmp will have a longer battery life compared to using a phone to play music
>modern pmps look cool and are really nice (subjective opinion I know)
Vaild points and I also agree on the looks.

>I like having all my music on an SD card and saving the space on my phone for other documents/files/apps I have on there since I also use my phone a bit like a flash drive too
You can have microSD in your phone.

There is however one big advantage of using (some) phones: it is super comfy to type a song's title with physical keyboard. I also preferred to use a dedicated PMP, but now that I've seen how easy it is to search for songs I can no longer go back. However no Android player is as good as Rockbox imo and I can't even look for a one in Blackberry World because it's filled with pajeet tier shit.
>>
>>56149293
my phone has an SD card (galaxy S5), it wouldn't have enough space to store all my music, and swapping SD cards to listen to a song I want to listen to would be a pain in the ass to have to do constantly

I use a Fiio X3 by the way, I believe the version that is a step above mine has slots for 2 micro SD cards, mine only has 1 slot but swapping micro SD cards is very convenient and easy to do
>>
>>56149406
I see that, I wish phones had two slots: one for long-term storage (instead of builtin memory so that you could swap it when bigger cards appear) and one easily reachable for swapping shit on the go.
>tfw before iPhone most PDAs had SD slot available without taking anything out
>>
why can't we just have 2 usb-c ports on a phone?
>>
>>56149529
Why can't we have 4 of them? I've always hoped that phones would become mobile PC, not Angry Birds consoles.
>>
When we will see portless phones? With wireless charging theres no need for a cord anymore.
>>
>>56148390
>for the logic
These are tiny little things, only requiring a mA or two.
They also don't work the same way.
>>
>>56149876
...Stop.
>>
>>56149622
>4 ports
>2 amps each
>charge battery at 8 amps
>either 0 to 100 real quick or 0 to explosion even faster
>>
>>56142278
i'd be 100% okay if they had both headphone jacks and USB-C ports, which is what will probably happen.
>>
File: 1412448795072.jpg (36KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1412448795072.jpg
36KB, 450x472px
>Car trip
>Car doesn't have bluetooth
>Want to listen to music from phone while charging
>If phone has 3.5mm port, great.
>If phone does not have 3.5mm port, then car need bluetooth
>If car does not have Bluetooth, need to buy bluetooth adapter
>Gain yet another thing to charge and possibly lose

Why are we moving back to a time where multiple adapters are necessary
This is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>56151344
>Plug phone in
>Play music while charging
????
>>
>>56142278
>>"people" who pretend to listen to music and charge their phone at the exact same time
I see people doing this all the time, usually with a mobile battery.
>>
>>56144560
>Lots of cars disable their center console's more complicated functions while in motion so the driver isn't trying to mess with obscure settings while they should be watching the road.
Considering cars already have weight sensors in the passenger seat to detect if there is a person there who should be wearing a seatbelt they should also keep the settings enabled if a person is there.

Sure, you could cheat this system, but actively doing so to distract yourself while driving would be even more retarded.
>>
>>56151485
>Considering cars already have weight sensors in the passenger seat to detect if there is a person there who should be wearing a seatbelt
No, it's for disabling the airbag if something that isn't a person is there. The seatbelt seasons are built into the latches.

Anyway, there are plenty of cars that have a passenger mode. Typically if it does lock you out while in motion it will ask 'Passenger' and you can press yes to disable the lockout.
>>
>>56142696
Unless it was thicker, than a 1/4" would be fine, too.
>>
Why don't they just go to 2.5mm?
>>
>>56151344
current cables:
>cigarette lighter or usb-a to microusb or lightning for charging
>3.5mm male-to-male for audio
with usb-c:
>usb-c male to male for charging and audio
Δcables: -1
>>
>plug phone in to charger
>plug in headphones
>all you hear is the hum from the power supply

buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>56143407
>make the device thinner
Literally why would you want a thinner phone? Thin phones force you to buy a case so you can get a better grip. I wish my phone was thicker.
>>
File: 600x600.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>56153013

I have something thicker for you ;D
>>
I bet apple will come out with iSpeakers or iHeadphones and lock out every other manufactures wireless headphones.
>>
>>56153454
>lock out every other manufactures wireless headphones.
Just the way they did with headphones, covers, chargers, charging cables etc?
Apple has the largest second-source community of any phone maker. No lockout.
>>
>>56152984
this is a problem with analog cables. if you're getting the audio digitally out of the port, you won't get buzzing when it gets converted later.
>>
>>56153454
this doesn't seem likely.

i know it's part of an autistic person's kneejerk reaction to imagine the most insane possible thing and predict apple will do it, and there's no pressure on 4chan to be right about anything, but try not to let yourself get so worked up over a future that any sane person could tell you is fucking retarded.
>>
>don't charge phone during the night because got wasted/forgot/whatever reason, happens plenty
>bluetooth music in car on way to work
>plug in headphones at work and listen to music from phone because can't play music from company workstation or whatever
gee my battery is getting a little low
I guess I'll charge it
>can no longer listen to music

all so apple and co can reduce their BOM and "muh thin phone"

life is all about tradeoffs and that is a really shitty tradeoff.
>>
>>56154728
Will you not be able to listen to music through your phone if you don't have an external DAC on hand?

The audio out is digital now instead of analog but it still needs to be converted to analog at some point to be played back on speakers. It used to be done by a chip inside the phone or on the CPU itself. Now where will it be done? Will headphones have the DAC somewhere inside them? Can you even implement that on something like a pair of earbuds?
>>
>>56153454

apple owns beats by dre
>>
why not just add two USB C ports one one the top and one on the bottom
>>
>>56155345
they're probably trying to reduce the number of ports, and the "victory" of getting rid of the headphone jack would be pyrrhic if they replaced it with another port.

i agree that i could imagine some cool stuff with two ports (imagine two adjacent that could charge simultaneously at 2x speed, or something), but you shouldn't need to ask these sorts of questions. think next time.
>>
>>56155360
>imagine two adjacent that could charge simultaneously at 2x speed, or something

I doubt they'd allow that. There may be limitations as to the maximum battery charging current or whatever. I imagine if one port was plugged in to charge there will be some brief communication with a controller chip which will set the max charge current, probably about ~1A if connected to a decent supply. If a second port is then plugged into a supply the controller chip will look at that, see that it's already drawing 1A on port 1 and subsequently disable charging on port 2 so as to not overload the battery or any other circuitry that would respond poorly to double the current.
>>
Daily reminder lightning ports are why phones are so thick.

Embrace the wireless charging and bluetooth/wifi filesharing future, ports are obsolete.
>>
Daily reminders that screens and batteries are the reason phones are so thick.

Embrace the wireless charge only voice action future, screens and batteries are obsolete.
>>
>>56142278
>>"people" who pretend to listen to music and charge their phone at the exact same time
I don't pretend, I literally do that. My phone and powerbank are in my backpack and I listen to music by connecting my headphones through a little opening in my backpack.

I don't see your problem OP, and No, I won't accept the single port.
>>
>>56142624
Well then add 2-3 USB-C ports, simple as that
>>
>>56144072
Same. If OP has a problem, he can come fight me.
>>
>>56155522
Daily reminder that the hardware required for voice interfaces is the reason why phones are so thick. Embrace brain implants.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.