[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I need your opinion on this one. Since I'm unable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: cloud2.jpg (150KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
cloud2.jpg
150KB, 650x350px
Guys, I need your opinion on this one. Since I'm unable to find a honest review by Googling and everything seems to be a fucking shill, is the the Kingston HyperX Cloud a good headphone? I don't give two shits about the Mic, I hear a lot of good feedback about for only being 70 bucks, I'm going to get a M50x (falling for the meme) but I'm being to it's comparable to the quality for less, is this true?
>>
>>56141077
fall for the hd598SE meme my friend audio technica's are literally aids
>>
>>56141084
why tho
>>
>>56141121
closed back headphones are like 90% trash and they have more of an emphasis on bass like most trash mainstream headphones, HD598 are more neutral
>>
I paid $30 for the Core edition brand new and it's pretty good for that price. Fairly detailed headphones (with my FiiO E10K) with slight emphasis on the low end.

For $70 though, I'd whole heartedly recommend the Philips SHP9500. One of the best headphones you can buy even up to a $300 budget. Highly detailed, emphasis on the mid-tones with adequate low end.

With the open back nature design of it too, it has much improved soundstage and comfort over the Cloud Cores.

I use the Cloud Cores for bass heavy music while the SHP9500 for Everything else (gaming other music genre etc.).

The ATH-M50X is an absolute meme. Shit build quality and a lack of detail and definition even compared to the cheaper Cloud Core.
>>
>>56141077
Aren't hyperX clouds just Takstar pro 80s with wallpaper on top. Apparently they are decent never tried them myself though.

Closed back is good for noisy environments where you want some measure of noise isolation or if you do not want to leak noise and irritate people nearby. It comes at a cost though as you sacrifice sound stage. Closed back headphones are more confined.

Open back headphones generally have much larger sound stage which allows you to perceive and pinpoint sounds like explosions and gunfire coming from a larger distance.

I have only tried koss porta pro and Logitech G230 which are both under your budget and worse than the hyper cloud X.

My current headphones are probably way over your desired budget but I fucking love them for both music and gaming.

Fidelio X2 and a Vmoda boom pro mic.
>>
>>56141077
Those are just a rebrand of Takstar Pro 80 with a mic, really liked them when listened to them in a shop, but went with TS-671 (which are significantly cheaper here and are a great deal for the price) since I prefer open ones for home usage.
>>
>>56142491
> I don't give two shits about the Mic
Never mind I didn't read that part properly
>>
>>56142513
>>56142534
>>56142491
It's a rebrand of a rebrand of the Pro 80's. There's gamerfied version of the Pro 80's which is what the Cloud is based on.

Pro 80 still has a touch more detail than the Cloud across the frequencies while the Cloud has beefier base. Only has slightly less detail though.
>>
>>56142563
>Pro 80 still has a touch more detail than the Cloud
For real? I mean, the shape is the same, the drivers are the same... The only thing I think they could've swapped is the cable. I've heard that even the cable can affect the sound quality, but aren't stock cables usually pretty much the same?
>>
>>56142585
It's slightly different to the Pro 80 in the internal design and tuned to have more bass than the Pro 80 at the cost of slight amount of detail. But to the untrained ear, it's pretty much the same, especially if using an on board DAC/AMP.

You would really need to hear them side-by-side to notice any difference.

For the $30 I paid for the Cloud Core though, there really isn't anything better for the price. The detachable mic is a bonus.
>>
>>56141077
I have one. It is decent. For $70, it is ok, but if you are not buying it for the mic, then you are wasting your $$$. Get a proper headphone instead. Ask /hpg/ for advice.
>>
>>56141121
Comfortable
Open back so it doesnt get hot as fuck and better soundstage
Sounds WAAAAAAAYYY better

but desu, the 598se is overpriced since the hd558 is much cheaper and sounds the same
>>
>>56141077
They are good. The velvet earpad are good, build quality is good, mic is average, sound is v shaped like m50. Keep in mind they are relative hard to drive if you plan to use them with the the mobo sound card unless you have headphone amp build in they will sound muddy. Cloud 2 have usb sound card, and are more expensive but if you get better dac or sound card keep in mind they have the shit tier combo jack everyone hate (can be fixed with 5$ adapter) Cloud one have normal 2 jacks. Compared to M50 - 2 pairs of earpads, and are more comfy - they are not as shallow. On the other hand they clamp harder.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.