[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long before we get phones that don't have any jacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

How long before we get phones that don't have any jacks or ports on them at all?

They're already getting rid of the headphones jack, but you know someone is going to try and get rid of the charging port, forcing you to have to use a wireless charging puck.
>>
Isn't it just Apple that's getting rid of the headphone jack?
>>
I don't get this wireless charging meme. If you have to place the device in an exact location to charge, what's better about it? Is it really that inconvenient to plug a cable into the phone? Plugged in, I can still use the device while it charges.
>>
>>56140928
I have a QI charger on my bedside table, and I like it. It's not vital, but when your drunkenness or sleepiness level is above the fuckton it helps, you just throw the phone on it with 0 fucks given and boom, the next day your phone is charged
>>
>>56140444
LeTV did it first.
>>
Remember to buy your proprietary wireless charger goy.
>>
>>56140928
There will come a time when wireless charging is so fast, it only becomes a minor inconvenience to put your phone on a pad for 15 minutes to fully charge it.
>>
I've never used a wireless charger nor do I even know how it works - I don't really want to know anything about it

isn't this a horrible fucking idea? doesn't common sense dictate that this is a fire hazard or something?
>>
>>56141717
negative, ghost rider
>>
I use my Samsung pad at work and I never charge it with a wire or at home. It's pretty awesome actually.
>>
>>56141735
Its just magnets stop worrying about everything.
Electromagnetic induction
>>
>>56141688
>>56140394

how do i charge phone in car?
>>
>>56140394
>>56141717
Wireless charging, wireless headphones, wireless everything.
Thats what they're pushing for.

>>56140928
To the consumer its a neat scifi feature. Making your device "look" high tech is in itself a form of marketing.
To the manufacturer it slightly simplifies the board and removes a common wear part that morons frequently break.

>>56141735
Its induction.
Go look at an induction stove top.
Its the exact same principle, exactly you're not flowing current into conductive medium at high levels to produce heat. You're just charging a receptacle that wants to hold electrons.
>>
>>56142031
My truck came with a wireless charging spot on the center console, doesn't charge as fast as the Samsung cable though
>>
>>56140928
I have a charger on my desk, whenever I'm there I simply place my phone on the pad and it charges. I can pick it up and take it with me whenever I want without having to fidget with an USB cable and I also don't have to worry about forgetting to plug the phone in again if I'm busy at the time.

Basically, I see no practical disadvantage. The charge rate is slower, but I never needed it to be quick in the first place. The phone will sit for hours each day on the pad anyway and there's plenty of time to charge it overnight in any case.
>>
>>56141717
This would give everyone cancer
>>
>>56140928
Literally the only nice thing about wireless charging is being very slightly more handy to just set your phone on and charge.

I prefer a regular charger. Then I can still use my phone and have a little wiggle room with exactly where it sits while charging.
>>
>>56140928
You're not gonna screw up yer USB port, and there's no need to fiddle with the cables either
>>
>>56142476
this is what I figured
>>56142076
marketing is right - it can be useful at times but overall it's not worth the added expense and can even be less convenient
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.