/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is information the most valuable asset humans possess? Although

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: chigoagoa.jpg (20KB, 405x289px) Image search: [Google]
chigoagoa.jpg
20KB, 405x289px
Is information the most valuable asset humans possess?

Although computers have allowed mankind to grow and develop faster than ever before by helping us carry out certain manual tasks in a more efficient manner, their biggest and most common use seems to be merely that of sending information to each other faster and easier than we were ever able to do so in the past. Is this the most important help computers have lend to humans? The ability to trade information more efficiently? Is information the most valuable resource humans have?
>>
mobility is the most valuable asset
>>
>>56136357
Care to elaborate?
>>
No. Freedom is.
>>
>>56136550
If we assume that the goal of humanity is to always develop further and grow, would that still be truth?
>>
File: 1470611139178-g.png (2KB, 245x110px) Image search: [Google]
1470611139178-g.png
2KB, 245x110px
>>56136550
>>56136357
Sorry boys but the most useful asset we humans acquired at the dawn of our speciation is utilizing tools.
>>
>>56136550
Safety and stability are more important than freedom. Not even joking.
>>
>>56136349
Genitals?
>>
>>56136349
Life and the ability to reproduce are the most valuable.
>>
No matter what you think of, it's all going to be tied to intelligence and consciousness/self-awareness.
These are the most valuable assets humanity as a species has. It's also what'll fuck us over in the end or something.

That said, information is like money nowadays, and could really easily ruin your life/get you killed, so yeah.
>>
>>56136626
Hi big brother
>>
>>56136656
I unironically believe that though. Freedom doesn't mean a goddamned thing if you're starving to death in a crime infested shithole.
>>
File: zuse2_ohne.jpg (14KB, 317x320px) Image search: [Google]
zuse2_ohne.jpg
14KB, 317x320px
>>56136349
Reality IS information. Information processed fast and complex enough has the potential to BECOME a reality.
>>
>>56136708
Trough (mis)information we can definitely shape reality to our liking, our according to our own needs.

The literal meaning of memes.
>>
>>56136595
Dindus and most "refugees" don't give a crap about "developing further and growing", they want to grab all the shiny swag here and now, and cuck the western man who keeps dreaming about "developing further and growing" but paradoxically is ultimately losing and giving way to much lowlier creatures.
>>
>>56136784
Jesus Christ fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>56136784
Jesus Christ. I mocked right wingers for years but honestly that is exactly what's happening today. Fuck.
>>
>>56136802
Technology is going to die under Islamic rule. This really is happening. What the fuck dude.
>>
>>56136705
Stability doesn't mean anything when you're in a North Korean gulag.
>>
>>56136844
Really that's the example you're going with?

Does the DPRK really seem like a fucking safe and stable place?
>>
>>56136841
>>56136784
Fuck off you goddamn retard.
>>
>>56136856
>safe
It's pretty safe if you don't speak out against the party.

>stable
NK has been under the rule of one family since the end of the Korean war. There are no signs of that changing any time soon. The North Korean government has it good. They're protected by the Chinese and they receive tons of aid from the west. All they have to do is to make some empty threats a few times a year.
>>
>>56136349
I would say fire is the most valuable asset
>>
>>56136871
They're right tho.

>>56136937
Would fire be that relevant if we weren't able to tell others how to use it as well?
>>
>>56136963
>Would fire be that relevant if we weren't able to tell others how to use it as well?
communication whether through grunts or actual language is something that is common among almost all animals so it really isn't that "valuable"

Historically fire allowed us to subjugate nature and its something no other animal has been able to use. Even today our mastery of fire is vital in everything from smelting to power generation and cooking
>>
The ability to make and use tools is our most valuable asset.
>>
>>56136883
So since you value freedom over safety/stability I can assume you'd rather live somewhere like Mogadishu than Pyongyang?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.