[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've built a circuit that powers a flyback transformer with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

I've built a circuit that powers a flyback transformer with help of a Youtube video. So far I've been using two 9V batteries to power it, but it isn't very effective due to the low amperage. The guy in the video says he's using a 12V motorcycle battery (about 6-10 amps). My question is how safe is it to just hook up an old moped battery to my circuit? Could I do this with like alligator clips, or would the load instantly melt them? And how dangerous is it to be potentially shocked by the output or circuit/battery? Internal damage is alright but I'd prefer not dying.

If anyone else has done anything similar with electronics before, whats your power supply? What do you recommend? Tips, tricks and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
>>
>>56132674
stick your dick in it for science.
>>
>>56132674
>amperage
>>
>>56132674
Build a plasma speaker with that flyback. Check it out :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mqEkVenq_Y
>>
Looks cool, bump.
>>
The output from flyback transformers is very low average but also very high voltage. If you touch this output, you will be fine because the current is low but you will also probally have a muscle spasm. The car battery has a high amperage, but the voltage is so low the current cannot pass through your body. I haven't made a flyback transformer but if you are really interested in electronics I'd reccomend building or buying a bench power supply. Peter Oakes has a really in depth set of videos if you want to build your own.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJh2qkJ6IPGH9p9-TIM--H2puwCxDQ5t-

A bench power supply wouldn't be able to provide the amperage of a car battery though.
>>
>I made a high output voltage device based on a YouTube video
Just go with your gut OP, can't possibly see what could go wrong
>>
I used to work in the film industry. Sometimes we'd work with some high powered shit, the biggest of which were LRX 18k HMI PARs. (They look identical to the ones in the link and are used to simulate sunlight on sets http://www.lrx-lighting.com/lrx_singles.htm).

We would hook these up using 220v to 100a connectors and link them to the light with a ballast to control the power. The first time I hooked one up solo, a guy who had been working longer than me said to make sure both my feet were on the ground because there's a good chance I'd die if I weren't grounded. That was weird to hear mostly because safety was more of a suggestion than a rule.

I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>56134785
>muh high voltage
perfectly fine as long as you watch out
>>
File: motarc.jpg (599KB, 1200x800px)
motarc.jpg
599KB, 1200x800px
i'm more of a high amp mot guy.
>>
>>56132674
I created a very similar circuit once.
Hooking a battery up is fine.
Shocked myself multiple times with it.
It tickled.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.