[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to buy a new laptop but I want it to be for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: laptops.jpg (337KB, 1859x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laptops.jpg
337KB, 1859x1080px
I'm looking to buy a new laptop but I want it to be for gaming, sadly I really can't commit to dropping $1,000 on it. Really my budget is only $500 to $600 at best, is it possible to get a nice gaming laptop that can play most stuff for that price? $1,000 just seems like so much for a laptop, well it's just a lot of money to me in general.

I've heard people saying it's usually a rip off to drop that much money on them because the cheaper ones are just as efficient. Anyway can someone recommend me some laptops for that price range that are efficient for gaming? I'd like something with AT LEAST 2GB of dedicated video memory and NOT the Intel HD graphic chipset, that is garbage for gaming because I have it on my current computer and it sucks. I've been told it's not even meant to play games, I'd like something with NVIDIA or AMD.

I already tried looking at some $500 at Best Buy and most of them aren't made for gaming, they all come with Intel HD graphics and like 500MB of dedicated video memory. Would it be better to get a desktop? Could I get a desktop for like $500 that would be better than a laptop for gaming? I'm really just trying not to drop $1,000 if I could avoid it, seems like the minimum for decent gaming laptops is $1,000 and I think that's insane.
>>
I just realized I wasn't suppose to ask for advice on technology and computers on this board, my bad. I never come to this board and didn't look at the sticky initially, I'm hoping a mod can forgive me this one time.

I don't mind if you delete the thread, I'll go post it on a different board. I just figured this would have been the most relevant/best board to ask this question, my mistake.
>>
>1080 IPS touch screen
>AMD FX 9800 APU with freesync
>Better GPU then any Intel in price
>Pretty bad singlethread performance

http://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/Laptops/envy-x360-232003--1
>>
Acer aspire E 15 on Amazon

550$ Intel i5, 250gig SSD, 2gig nvidia 940mx

You can run new shit at low-medium and slightly older games are high

Best you'll do sub 1000
>>
>>56130003
I really don't shop online, I'm not a big fan of it. I'd rather buy things at the store, where I can physically see them/look at them. I suppose that's limiting myself, maybe I should try going to a different store that sells laptops. Doesn't any retail store sell decent gaming laptops? Best Buy? Wal-Mart? Target?

I have nothing personal against online shopping, I just don't really care to buy things online/shop online. Also I have to wait for it to come to the house when I can just bring it home if I were to buy it at the store.

>>56129985
Yes, but I don't know what a high end laptop is on my budget. That's the question I'm asking people in this thread.
>>
>>56130042
Are you memeing us?

Newegg and Amazon are the only places you'll get anything good in your price range

Everything else is rip-offs and normie shit
>>
>>56130091
CUTE!!!!

>>56130071
I just thought I'd ask, I'm really retarded when it comes to PC parts and buying them or constructing a PC. I've heard of Newegg though, I just really hate online shopping.

>>56130119
And where would I find them? On the internet? Or do you mean build one?
>>
>>56130091
sauce
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.