[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just asked a friend who has a masters degree in programming if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Sexy-Nerd-Girls-05.jpg (66KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy-Nerd-Girls-05.jpg
66KB, 500x381px
Just asked a friend who has a masters degree in programming if he could teach me a language over skype.

His response:
> I don't think i am good at teaching
> i can't explain things

What the actual fuck faggots?
How many people in the industry are like this?
>>
Teaching is a complete study on its own. Even most professors aren't qualified to teach. The state of education is terrible.
>>
>>56129200
That's his nice way of saying he doesn't want to waste his valuable time going over the simplest things with an idiot.

Just find a Web tutorial. This shit ain't that hard, famalam
>>
>>56129200
wtf is a masters degree in programming ?
>>
>>56129221

/thread
>>
Did you offer to pay him? Did you expect him to do it for free?
>>
asking someone who isn't admittedly alright at teaching to teach you things is a recipe for disaster before you start. you'll get to the end and go "yeah i understand some of the basics but it was fucking frustrating because my teacher couldnt explain programming paradigms in a way that is easily digestable"

basically find a better teacher you fuck. even if he's a good teacher he's letting you down easy.
>>
>>56129200
Why don't you do the research yourself instead of bothering other people?
>>56129211
Also this. Teaching is one thing, helping with difficult questions in the process of learning is another.
>>
>>56129233
after the so called bologna reform european education was uniformed to make it easier for studiying abroad. when you study you first do a bachelor degree and can continue to master degree before going the doctor route
>>
>>56129200

at that

>you went to school for a long time to get your education and paid very smart and well spoken people to teach you, do you think you could boil that down to the basics for me for free over a long period of time?
>i'm entitled to a master's in computer science's time
>he has nothing better to do than teach me
>>
>>56129200
Buy a book you entitled idiot.
>>
>>56129211
This
>>
>>56129221
/thread
>>
>>56129221
>>56129242 (You)
>>56129323 (You)
I already know the fundamentals of programming and a few languages.

My main concern here is whether programmers in the industry can actually explain what they do each day in the workplace.
>>
>>56129200
Teaching is really difficult and it would take like a hundred hours to learn a basic level of programming, you were really asking for a massive time investment. Anon, just acquire one of the "Head First" series of books (from an ebook piracy site or legally) for something like Python or C# and suplement your learning with Youtube tutorials.

And don't be mad at your friend, what you were asking for would have been unlikely to work for either of you.

Python ebook:

https://gopython.googlecode.com/files/Head%20First%20Programming.pdf
>>
File: Screenshot_20160817-130901.png (586KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160817-130901.png
586KB, 1440x2560px
>>56129392
I'm just right faggot
>>
>>56129392
Why not become an English teacher? You speak it everyday, you must be pretty good at teaching it.
>>
Allow me to translate.
>Fuck off.
>I don't have time for your bullshit.
>>
>>56129392
>My main concern

Why do you even care about that? Are you their employer?
>>
>>56129463
This
>>56129200
OP you're the actual faggot
>hurr teach me a new language over skype because I'm a spoon fed cuck
If you didn't even off to pay him then you're a shitty friend
>>
>>56129200
Masters degree in programming? are you are fuckin idiot. Maybe a CE or CS degree? MAYBE even an IS degree?
>>
>>56129392

>My main concern here is whether programmers in the industry can actually explain what they do each day in the workplace.

Who the fuck do you think you are to be entitled to police them based on your stupid concerns? Stop wasting your time with stupid shit and grab a book retard.
>>
>>56129200
C++
antirtfm
literal spoonfeed, have fun.
>>
>>56129200
he just gave you a basic instruction lad
>>
which basically is, if you can do something valuable, don't do it for free
>>
>>56129211
This. Why the fuck do you think they'd teach programmers how to teach? If someone wants to be a teacher they become a professor/teacher and even then they either don't know how to teach, or how to program. Programmers don't need to know how to teach, only explain their code to other programmers.
And it would take several days to even get your mind get a hang of programming unless you've done something similar before, why would anyone waste so much time with you on Skype when there are YouTube tutorials and books?
>>
>>56129392
They can explain it all you want for 80$/hours.
>>
>>56129200
People who don't want to waste time on dumbasses like you.

Learn programming yourself or go find a course.
>>
>>56129200
i would only teach someone to code if i were to be VERY bored

i imagine he wanted to enjoy his freetime
>>
File: 1.jpg (121KB, 1023x678px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
121KB, 1023x678px
>>56129233
>not attending fizzbuzz university?
>>
>>56129200
>asking someone to hold your hand and teach you shit you could learn on your own
>>
If somebody asks for directions in say Southampton, I'm rubbish at giving them. Doesn't mean I get lost walking around.
>>
>>56129200
This is code for "I don't want to waste time teaching this retard" you socially inept loser.
>>
>>56129211
This.
>>
>>56129200
>"So what's your favorite FTP client?"
>"Get lost, loser!"
>>
>>56134846
>FizzBuzz Enterprises Co. Ltd. soon to go public, will be noted on NASDAQ as FZBZ
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.