[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching occulus rift giant bomb 10 hour special >all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 0KUDz9H.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0KUDz9H.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>watching occulus rift giant bomb 10 hour special
>all the games are literal tech demos and shit
>the PC that occulus devs sent out as a reference only had one 970 in it
>horrible framerates

>the 1 MP game they played which is like C&C and you see them standing at the other end of the game area with the inventor of the rift had shitty lag and voice cutting out
>literally worse than prior gen consoles on PS3 or 360
>he asks them what they're streaming with and mentions OBS and Xsplit
>Jeff literally starts laughing and reminds him they work at fucking CBS and have gigabit fiber internet and thousands of dollars high end dedicated hardware
>the owner of occulus just says "oh" and shuts up
>a little later he tries to start pulling shit out of his ass about how the issue is anything but the shitty headgear or game itself
>>
>>56122383

oh and forgot to mention, this stream was just 1 month ago when their "version 1.0" rift came out

and costs $600 for just the head goggles, not the PC, nor the tech demos which literally cost more than most fully fledged AAA games on steam after a month on sale
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>56122420

this isnt about the video games, its about the shitty meme gimmick VR and the mark cuban-esq inventor who's tweets are full of oxymorons and psuedo morals

>gets an exclusive game
>this helps the industry!
>>
>>56122383
And?

WTF is the point of this thread? Trying to shit on VR or something? Kid, you can't afford it, get over it. It is cool, just a bit pricey right now for some.
>>
>>56122446
>>>/v/
>>
>>56122420
>>56122465

And then there is this faggot..the /g/ police. Self appointed decider of what belongs here and what doesn't.

You can fuck off too little faggot kid. You are as liked here as you are at school.
>>
>>56122460

>none of the games look better or are more imersive than a $600 monitor or multiple mointor setup
>>
>>56122495
Oh, you are one of those if they do not make some fucking shitty jap or anime game then there aren't any games.

Try this, dl DCS World on Steam..it is FREE, then, put on the VR, load up a mission/campaign and fly them. Then make that statement. Or try Dirt Rally or even hell even Elite Dangerous.

You really do not know shit..trust me on that since you do not own a VR headset to try the above suggested with. I have a triple monitor(144hz) setup and a fucking 11ft screen 3d projector. The VR blows them away for titles designed for VR. I will never drive or fly out of VR again if I can avoid it.
>>
>tried the rift a long time ago
>told everyone it was a huge gimmick for gaming
>legion of shills calls me poorfag
>consumer Rift and Vive both launch
>shills immediately disappear

Wow, who could have expected that? Its almost like companies hired dedicated damage control shitposters to prevent their sales from being harmed.
>>
>>56122603
Were there any sales though? That price tag just can't be justified with 0 games.
>>
>>56122618
They each sold thousands and thousands of units, not counting Rift dev kits.
The average VR game available now is akin to a mid 2000s flash game, or a $5 appstore gimmick made to fool kids. They give you something remotely game like, but completely lacking substance, only with VR titles they're ranging from $20 to $60 for their shallow gimmick bullshit.
>>
>>56122634
If the tech evolves I'd consider buying it.
But yeah, I agree with you. All of these silly Dino crisis tier shooters and fruit ninja games are a joke.

Teleporting is the only way devs can even think about implementing movement. I don't even know what to say about that.
>>
>>56122662
We need sensory deprivation tanks with treadmill floors.
>>
>>56122722
Or maybe they could just wait until the technology developed to a point where you wouldn't get violently ill from normal use.
>>
>>56122489
>>>/trash/
>>
>>56122634
Well it's a chicken and egg problem, what developer is going to pour years and millions of dollars into a game that requires a $600 piece of kit and a $1500 computer?
You'd have to sell the game for $200, since you could only sell as many copies as VR devices
>>
>>56122383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZ-KUuhI-A

Vehicle sims are what VR is all about.
>>
strapping a phone to your face and calling it vr is retarded
i'm holding back until we have nanobots that can control neurons directly for a full immersion experience indistinguishable from reality
mapping your body onto other things
exploring non normal space
real life body swapping
this is coming soon than we realize
>>
>>56123024
Kid, my morning dumps have more tech experience and history than you do.

Now, go figure out why the girls laugh at you when you walk past them in the halls.
>>
>>56123162
This, I'm not gonna fuck with some pseudo VR shit, I'll just wait until we can havethe real thing
>>
>>56122383
just dropping in with your daily reminder that the vive is god-tier and oculus is a massive joke. even oculus "fans" recognize how bad oculus is now. if you want VR get a vive
>>
>>56123195
This. I tried an oculus, and bought a Vive. The oculus has a slightly better screen, but damn, the Vive is much better in general.

At the same time, I'd hold off on getting a Vive unless you intend to develop for it. The hardware and games are too expensive right now unless you plan to make money with it.
>>
>>56123115
> For fun
Just go and fly a real chopper.

> For learning
Unfit for learning.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.