[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to cleanly isolate the vocal track in a song?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: dadoninternet.jpg (245KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
dadoninternet.jpg
245KB, 600x535px
Is there a way to cleanly isolate the vocal track in a song?
Pic unrelated
>>
Filtering done on the frequency domain obtained from discrete fast Fourier transforms.
>>
>>56121972
This. It won't be perfect, however, and it will take some trial and error
>>
>>56121929
>cleanly
No
>>
>>56121972
You fool, you forgot to calculate for rotational velocidensity!
>>
>>56121972
>Fourier transforms
That's when you change a number to be of a base that has the most 4s correct?
For example you would want 1092 to be in base 16 where it is 444
>>
>>56121929
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_vocal_removal_and_isolation.html

seems like a good place to start.
>>
i haven't tried it but i know a lot of vocal tracks are dead center, that is its the same signal on left and right channel and you should be able to exploit that. i'm drunk as shit and haven't done signal processing for years but lets say vocals are a, everything not vocals on left channel is b, everything not vocals on right channel is c, and your mix on left and right is x and y respectively. then

a + b = x
a + c = y

for any point in the time domain.

We want a, and the system is underconstrained to give us the exact answer, so what do? Well, for one:

x + y = 2a + b + c

Ok neat. Furthermore instrumental tracks rarely shift frequencies across left and right, just phase, so any phase difference between b + c will be a cancellation, and your vocal track will stand out more. So add your channels together to mono before doing a frequency band pass to increase the signal/noise of the vocal track.
>>
Well sort of. It depends on the program using, how the complex the song is, and lots and lots of patience to find the imperfect 'perfection'. Keep in mind, that there will be some buzzing noises and all of that stuff.
>>
File: Untitled.png (166KB, 1212x593px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
166KB, 1212x593px
>>56121929
>>
>>56121929
http://isse.sourceforge.net

Might find this interesting.
>>
>>56122366

you are retarded
>>
>>56121929
I remember seeing this one software called Melodyne that can break apart any audio track into component sounds that you can freely edit at will, It could probably be used to isolate all the notes that don't comprise the vocals and attenuate them.
>>
>>56121929
The oldest way to do it if you have a stereo track with the vocals in the middle: Invert the phase of one of the channels to isolate the vocals, EQ to suit.

One of the Izotope plugins (Ozone or Nectar) has presets for isolating vocals, Both are worth having.

No method is 100% perfect. Most are variations of the first method.
>>
>>56122043
Fucking kek'd
>>
>>56121929
I did this once by substracting the instrumental track the song came with from the main track after centering them.

It worked perfectly.
>>
If you have the instrumental maybe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.