[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retard here Why is printer ink so expensive? What's stopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: slam.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
slam.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
Retard here

Why is printer ink so expensive? What's stopping chinks from manufacturing cheap ones?
>>
>>56121322
QC on it is insane to keep it from fucking up an instrument as fine as a modern printhead
>>
>>56121340
Is is the ink quality or the cartridge quality?

If it's the latter, cant you just make a refillable one?
>>
>>56121360
it's the former.
the cartridge ain't shit.
>>
>>56121322
Because you'll pay for it
>>
>>56121322

JEEEEEEEWWWWWWWSSSSSS
>>
>>56121322
It's literally the jews. Most printers are sold at a loss and the companies make their money selling proprietary ink cartridges.
>>
>>56121322
>What's stopping chinks from manufacturing cheap ones?
Nothing. I pick up chink refills for 100yen from my local Daiso. Each can refill a color in my printer two or three times, though I had to drill holes in the cartridges to do it.
>>
>>56121322
But they do, I just bought a back of 4 black ink cartridges for 13 bucks. Weird thing is, the counterfeit ones seem to last longer.
>>
I worked for a little in a shop that refilled them. There are jigs you can get (a few hundred bucks) or you can drill into them to fill them. You also need a little device to reset the chip in them which is like 15 bucks.
>>
>>56122339
Usually you have to replace the chip inside of them if I'm not mistaken? What do you mean a "little device"? I've got a couple printers that just need the chip to be reset and it's fine aside from the imaging drum unit
>>
>>56122353
With my printer you can just tell it to ignore the low/empty ink warning and keep printing, sure you lose the level data but still, it's a free solution.
>>
>>56122353
Usually it's a little EEPROM chip. it stores the amount of ink used. The device in question resets it to 0.
>>
>>56121322
>What's stopping chinks from manufacturing cheap ones
Nothing that's why they sell cheap ones, I got 4 1L bottles locally from a Chinese store in my city (Guadalajara, Mexico) for $16 USD (total for the 4 bottles), you just need to drill a hole on your cartridge before it runs out of ink to avoid the chip detecting the low ink and killing the cartridge.
>>
>>56121322
They do. But retards simply don't buy it. My printer uses 70€ cartridges that can print 500 pages. I have currently printed over 3800 pages on a cartridge that came for free with the printer. Just refill them. For 5€ you can buy enough toner for 5000 pages.
>>
right so let me get this straight
there's literally a chip to stop you using it after it's run out
c a p i t a l i s m
gotta love it
might start an ink cartridge business
>>
What printer should I get?

I just want to print some A4s - I can't read books on a computer.

What cheap printers can be refilled easily?

Is the ink or are the printers really hazardous?
>>
>>56124853
what printer and toner are you using anon
>>
>20116
>still using printers
What the fuck /g/?
>>
>>56121322
>Why is printer ink so expensive?
Most inkjet printers are set up specifically to work with their own proprietary ink. Results with after market ink are usually inferior.
Not only that, but those expiry dates really mean it. The ink is acidic and corrodes the nozzels even before use, so using refilled cartridges is not always as successful as you might think/hope.
>>
>>56124990
>are the printers really hazardous?
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/printer-health1.htm
looks like laser ones are
>>
>>56121360
>make a refillable one
It's already done.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/282073361176
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.