[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do "gaming PC's" (custom and prebuilt)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: autism.png (216KB, 586x342px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
216KB, 586x342px
Why do "gaming PC's" (custom and prebuilt) look so autistic?
>>
Because they're for autistic people
>>
It's what happens when manchildren with bad taste in aesthetic try to build a setup with aesthetic.
>>
Because they're not running linux
>>
My "gaming pc" I built in a $20 dollar matx cause that looks like an office would use.
>>
Does having a side panel window and matching component+case colors make me an autist?
>>
>>56118862
yeah
>>
File: P1060011-WM.jpg (811KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P1060011-WM.jpg
811KB, 1024x768px
>>56118862
No, if done properly.
>>
>>56118752
>being this autistic on other's autism
go on
>>
>>56118752
Because Gamers (aka 14-16 year old's) believe the shittier it looks and the higher the numbers are, the bezter is the pc.
Marketing Logic
>>
>>56118752
I prefer riced out with a window as long as it's cleanely done. Op case is horrid
>>
>>56119997

>thinking that doesn't look autistic
>>
>>56119997
I think my biggest issue with hardline is that it's both expensive and time consuming, so the only people who can afford it are PC enthusiasts

but enthusiasts are probably replacing their hardware every year, right? so what's the point of putting so much time and effort into something you'll have to redo in 12 months?
>>
>>56120182
Nah, it's functional. Nothing wrong with sleeving your cables and colorcoding your water loop.

When you pick form over function, now that's autistic. Basically Apple products and gaymen builds with fake fans and meshes are both maximum autistic. Especially apple.

>>56120222
Some people enjoy bending tubes instead of woodcarving or scrapbooking.
>>
>>56120222
>but enthusiasts are probably replacing their hardware every year, right

Either that or buying the best rig for them that gen for max 'future-proofing'.
>>
>>56119997
Dude don't worry, anyone who prefers orderly things in this society can be deemed autistic.
>>
>>56118752
>Why do products designed for minors look childish?
ftfy
>>
>>56120222
>I think my biggest issue with hardline is that it's both expensive and time consuming, so the only people who can afford it are PC enthusiasts
>but enthusiasts are probably replacing their hardware every year, right? so what's the point of putting so much time and effort into something you'll have to redo in 12 months?

I think my biggest issue with redliners is that it's both expensive and time consuming, so the only people who can afford it are Car enthusiasts

But enthusiasts are probably replacing their spark plugs every gear change, right? so what's the point of putting so much time and effort into something you'll have to redo in 12 seconds?
>>
OP is autist
>>
>>56119997
>spent more money on cooling than on everything else
>>
>>56118752
Adults playing videogames look even more autistic
>>
>>56120533
Adults playing sports looks even more autistic than that.
>>
>>56120686
No they don't and they also get laid. Grow up /v/.
>>
>>56120730
You obviously don't know much about video games.

Sports (typical objective) - Defeat the enemy team
Video Games (typical objective) - Defeat the enemy team

Also the question of getting laid isn't even relevant but yes, gamers get laid (even the obese ones). They also have better standards then your typical sports star. How often do we hear about sports team orgies including drugs and the likes? How often do we hear about professional gamers doing the same? It's actually pathetic that you even bring up the issue of getting laid.
>>
Because people who build machines to run today's fucking stupid non-game barely interactive story bullshit are brain damaged.
>>
>>56120852
>2016
>not playing DOS games in 4k at 9000 fps
>>
>>56118862
Nah, I did it on my build too. Lots of people do that faggy "gaymer" shit on their first build. Just make up for it on the next one.
>>
Whats going on down there?
>>
>>56120835
One fedora tip to you sir
>>
File: 1471402997587.jpg (321KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1471402997587.jpg
321KB, 1024x768px
>>56120952
For got pic.
>>
>>56120957
Is that your best response?
>>
Because there's a market for it.

If you want to build a PC that looks like a flashing disco ball, you can.

If you want it in a normal case that would fit in in an office, you can.

Why would you argue in favor of less choices in the market?
>>
>>56120975
okay honestly that's kind of nifty
>>
>>56120975
Thought the same thing
>>
File: E4735F24E_105685_b.jpg (1MB, 3248x2568px) Image search: [Google]
E4735F24E_105685_b.jpg
1MB, 3248x2568px
>>56121018
>>56121090
I'm just guessing but it looks like a ROG ITX board.
When ATX cases are that big, why not add a second PC in it.
>>
>>56119997
It would be perfect if it weren't for the black/red scheme and the republic of gaymers shit all over the place.

Case windows aren't bad when there's actually something inside to see, it's shit most of the time because all you're doing is looking at some retard's giant empty box with mismatched components, obnoxious branding, empty drive bays galore and a tiny motherboard with one expansion card. Boring and tasteless.
>>
>>56119997
I want a citizenship in the republic of gaymers
>>
>>56121295
>It would be perfect if it weren't for the black/red scheme
Good luck with that, 80% of hardware on the market is black/red.
>>
>>56121295
Lol that's exactly how mine is. I just like the window and lighting because I use t at night a lot so it serves as lighting in the corner of my room
>>
>this thread
>the autism
oh my
>>
I blame it on the autistic behavior of weebs and it's the equivalent of putting neon lights on your civic for maximum performeru.

t. /o/
>>
>>56119997
looks fucking retarded
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.