[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 are all getting forced spyware. http:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (10KB, 493x298px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 493x298px
Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 are all getting forced spyware.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2016/08/windows-7-8-1-moving-to-windows-10s-cumulative-update-model/

>October 2016's Patch Tuesday will see the release of the first Monthly Rollup for Windows 7 and 8.1. This will be a single package delivering all of the security and reliability improvements released that month.

Prapare your butts.
>>
>>56114986
I have automatic updates turned off for windows 7 and have manually removed the uninstalled spyware tier updates that they push to your computer automatically trying to get you to install them.
>>
>>56115011
From now on there is no way to get security only patched for end users. It's all or nothing
>>
>>56115033
Then don't update
you will never get a virus if you are not a moron
>>
>>56114986
My windows VM has no internet
>>
File: Image3.jpg (12KB, 382x16px) Image search: [Google]
Image3.jpg
12KB, 382x16px
>>56114986
butt status: 91.2% prepared
>>
>>56116012
>ubuntu
>nor arch
lmao install arch and you'll learn how to use linux properly instead of forever being a babby
>>
>>56116048
kill yourself
>>
>B-BUT I CAN """DISABLE""" IT!

Every fucking time. Keep trusting them and providing me entertainment.
>>
>>56116048
arch is for people who like linux a lot
i'm not sure i even like computers
>>
i dont give a fuck, all of my windows systems already have 100% all patches installed and there is literally nothing anyone can post that will make me consider uninstalling them. no amount of MUH TELEMETRY parroting will bring anything to the table
>>
>>56115059
this

i turned all updates off
>>
>>56116048
literally kill yourself
>>
>>56116278
Congratulations, you're proud of being ignorant and unintelligent.
>>
>>56114986
it also says they'll be seperate security only updates so stop the doom and gloom

this only affecte idiots
>>
>>56114986
Why the fuck do you faggots still have updates enabled?
>>
File: 1439957570874.png (13KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439957570874.png
13KB, 500x500px
>monitor my network
>set up appropriate blocks on my router's firewall
>never have to worry about "telemetry" again

>mfw /g/ is too fucking stupid to configure their router properly
>>
>>56117031
something makes me think you're "router" is shitty enough that it couldnt even store enough rules
>>
>>56117074
Why are you even putting router in quotes?
>>
>>56115059
>>56116388
>>56117019
>an arbitrary attacker can do what the fuck he wants with my computer because I don't care about security
you are way to stupid to use a computer
>>
>>56117119
because what you have is likely a shitbox. lets see a screenshot of your ACL page faget
>>
>>56117154
Kek. Were you seriously unaware that you could set up your router firewall to block basic telemetry? Please, leave /g/. Even the average router can use firewalls. There's no excuse.
>>
>>56117121
Holy shit you're autistic
>>
>>56117187
desu I wouldn't be surprised if all of the "help /g/ I got haxd with malware :-(" posts were from people who took advice from us and disabled security updates. People break their shit all the time here when they listen to "INSTALL BLEEDING-EDGE ROLLING RELEASE DISTROS ALL THE TIME" advice.
>>
>>56117183
>I still cant read a post
>>
>>56116238
If you don't care about updates that much, stay with Ubuntu. I switched to Arch long time ago especially for updates. A lot of aoftware in the Ubuntu repositories is outdated, even for an LTS version. You can add PPAs for some but you will not have the latest security and bug fixes. I had less problems with Arch than Ubuntu, Unity is laggy for my laptop and the latest Xubuntu version is buggy. I don't want to use other distro and I started to learn GIMP and Kdenlive. It's really nice. I hate the latest software, no spying, Xfce is a good DE and looks gorgeous with Arc-Darker + Compton + Paper. I love Linux man, I love it.
>>
>>56117271
*have the latest software
Sorry
>>
>>56117246
I'm not spoonfeeding you. Go to /sqt/.
>>
>>56114986

>Fixes will only be available through the Monthly Rollup or security-only update.
>>
>>56117121
how many times did this happen to you? you stupid fuck
>>
>>56117121
You're an absolute autistic faggot
>>
>>56117231
>disable updates
>everything still works fine

>leave updates enabled
>constantly bitch on g

Lol
>>
>>56114986
Didn't all the seven, eight, eight point ones with automatic updates already get rickrolled into win 10?

basically, if you still have win 7 / 8, then you already have disabled auto-updates..?
>>
>>56114986
Jokes on them, they already forced my computer to have Windows 10 so I'm all good.
>>
>>56114986
I. Don't regret turning windows updates off 2 years ago
>>
>>56117031
>anon genuinely thinks traffic can be blocked from M$ that easily
Unless you're monitoring that shit 24/7, you're fucked.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.