[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I explain to my friend who I just introduced to tech that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 5V70jfL.jpg (22KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
5V70jfL.jpg
22KB, 236x305px
How do I explain to my friend who I just introduced to tech that the raspberry pi 3 doesn't equate to a server. He seems to think that just because it's a quad core with 1.somthing Ghz and 1gb of ram he can out proform a server. I also have a friend who swears that his phone can process just as hard as his desktop.

TL;DR how do I tell people that just because ARM has the "same" specs that it isn't the same as a desktop or dedicated server.
I've even tried explaining that if that was the case then why the fuck do we still have server racks but I guess I'm going about it wrong.
>>
Pls
>>
>>56112296
>raspberry pi 3 doesn't equate to a server
>server
But it can be used as server. VPN, torrent, Minecraft, DNS resolver, DHCP, SMTP, online storage, hosting Apache, RDBMS...

And until it will have to server more than ~10 requests per unit of time it will work fine. Some people claims that after you slap heat sink on it it can get even better.

Expecting normies to understand what architecture and or instruction set is beyond anybody skill. You can try the comparison between Ferrari, tractor and bike but it will be inaccurate as fuck and normies simply doesn't care.
>>
You can't. Give up.
>>
1. He can use the pi as a file-server, for a small website, etc.

2. Don't try to educate normies beyond installing an OS, you'll go insane
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.