[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the social media market oversaturated? I mean, could a random

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1470511117484.jpg (25KB, 341x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470511117484.jpg
25KB, 341x720px
Is the social media market oversaturated? I mean, could a random fag with a friend on graphics duty and a bunch of time make viable social apps that can rival Facebook e.g? Or would the guy have to find something original to do?

Also, is it really possible to strike it rich on apps? Could that guy sell his company (basically all his apps as a package) to Google for example for like 3-4 billion $ assuming it reaches Snapchat-level popularity? Or is that practically impossible?
>>
bomp
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>56111921
I think people are going to stick with what's already there in terms of social media. The only way people start changing is if their current social media platform starts adding changes that everyone hates. That's when they switch to the alternative. If you offer something different that is still considered social media, then people will probably get on board. Snapchat is a good example of this.

Striking rich on apps, probably not unless it explodes and a bunch of suits thinking they got the next snapchat/ pokemon GO/ whatever the fuck.

Are you looking to build something anon?
>>
>>56112484
Could I just rent servers when I make an app? What else would you need starting capital for
>>
1. you need to actually have something (not just a duct taped together idea)

2. having connections never hurt...example: coming from a rich ass school like most of these millionaire "devs"

3. money obviously
>>
File: dollarsigns.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dollarsigns.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>56112487
Yeah man but I literally have no fucking clue if it's gonna be worth spending my time on it

>mfw I saw the story about Snapchat's owner being offered like 4billion bucks by Google/Facebook like 2 years ago
>>
>>56112515
Well business is all about risks. Maybe you have the next snapchat, maybe it'll be something no one will use. You won't really know until you create it senpai. At worst you have something to show employers and maybe an app that can appeal to hipster college kids.
>>
>>56112500
See
>>56112494

I literally can't think of anything worthwhile... And even if I did do something how would I get people on it in the beginning
>>
>>56112539
Yeah well, I've been thinking about shit that people would find invaluable in their daily life but it doesnt make sense because I hate social media myself and I dont find it useful in my daily routine... I don't share the same mindset as people my age (I'm 19 with only my best friend willing to team up with me). If I went around and asked people shit could this work?

I've also thought of some shit that tbf doesn't exist in a usable form, maybe streamlining everything so all the apps would like, depend on each other for certain functions?
>>
>>56112640
>maybe streamlining everything so all the apps would like, depend on each other for certain function?

If you're thinking about having multiple apps in order for your idea to work, it'll kinda be dead in the water. You want to make it as easy as possible for your users. Make one app with your servers doing all the heavy-lifting. Also design it to be scalable from the beginning.

As for the marketing, this guy has the right idea >>56112500

You need connections, even if they are your friends and family. Don't think about having as many users as facebook. Just focus on getting people to use it.
>>
>>56112906

Only 1 function would be cross app though. All of the apps themselves would just kind of relate, not require one another.

My main question though is how likely would I be to hit the jackpot with them? I'm sick and tired of being a wagecuck and seeing all these fags's successes makes me envious. Judging from these guys, if the apps become successful, is the possibility of getting offered a hefty sum (and by hefty sum I mean Snapchat levels sum) in a year and a half or 2 years probable? Maybe not even that long assuming I bust my ass on them and live in my parent's basement (kek)

Thanks for your time bro, I really appreciate it
>>
>>56113147
>how likely would I be to hit the jackpot with them?
Considering only a dozen or two get ridiculous levels of success in a sea of millions of apps, you need to be more than the 1%.

If the app becomes succesful, the possibility of people offering a huge sum of money is high. Because the most expensive and difficult thing to get is not a good app, but users.
>>
>>56113147
Lol you're better off looking for a better paying job you don't hate. You can still work on this on the side. Maybe you'll find other people willing to work on your app.
>>
>>56113147
>My main question though is how likely would I be to hit the jackpot with them?

50/50 either it happens or it doesn't
>>
>>56113247
I don't know man, this shit seems too profitable if you get it right and I,m willing to starve for some months and drown in bucks for the rest of my life rather than barely making do and hating my life as a whole
>>
File: 1470585498594.jpg (54KB, 610x413px) Image search: [Google]
1470585498594.jpg
54KB, 610x413px
>>56113283
jej
>>
>>56113294
You can certainly try. I'm just saying don't quit your job, just in case.
>>
>>56113226
This is true but consider that in that ocean of cancer and bullshit only an extremely small % of the apps are social media ones, and like 90% of the ones that exist have TREMENDOUS success (they also are NETWORKS, spanning both webpages and apps), that's where my hope stems from. Of course, having features that don't already exist and simplicity always helps
>>
>>56113333
Witnessed

Also dont worry man, I won't. It's not a once in a lifetime opportunity though (fucking flipping burgers) so even if I lose this incredibly sourceful employment I won't be going bankrupt any time soon kek
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.