[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in 12th grade now, Is it too late to start learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (6KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 218x231px
I'm in 12th grade now, Is it too late to start learning programming?

I know basic stuff in Pascal, pointers, arrays etc.
The most advanced shit I made was a console Pong and a Snake in Pascal and some basic code like this: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/b0321058ea41b845e838a38dd84f30f7

Should I start learning C# or what?
>>
>>56110777
If you want to learn, you'll get somewhere. Can't say how good you'll do, but while being young helps, having determination and drive helps a lot fucking more.
>>
>>56110777
too late, trips

you should have started when inside your dad's ballsack
>>
>>56110894
Funny meme. I mean I participated in some programming competitions and there where many autist 6th a 7th graders who were better than me and every other attending classmate of mine (our teacher now is complete shit btw, because previous one got cancer). I just can't imagine what the actual fuck are they doing all day.
>>
"You're too old to learn" is just a meme, it's not a physical activity and you can always learn any science just as efficiently until you're senile.
>>
You are too old op, everybody is ready ahead of you
>>
wait. I'm 12th grade now too and am I supposed to know how to code? W... Wait isn't going to a good university is more important?
>>
>>56111498
Yep
Might aswell give up
Uni won't reach programming but will use it
>>
if your retarded enough to think kids learn fast or at even half the speed adults do then programming just aint the field for you
>>
UNDERAGE
OP IS 17.

REPORT THIS SHIT

UNDERAGE
OP IS 17.

REPORT THIS SHIT

UNDERAGE
OP IS 17.

REPORT THIS SHIT

UNDERAGE
OP IS 17.

REPORT THIS SHIT

UNDERAGE
OP IS 17.

REPORT THIS SHIT
>>
>>56111663
But in my country everyone says how important it is to go to a good university. I don't believe that's too bad if you go to a good university
>>
>>56111794
You can be 18 in senior year
>>56111798
Doesn't matter
If you don't know programming by now it's too late
Go into pre med instead
>>
>>56111794
OP could easily be 18 going into his senior year
>>
I don't know a single person who started programming early and ended up getting paid significantly more than complete newbies who knew nothing before going to school and graduating with a comp sci degree. Enjoy your childhood while you can, don't waste years staring at a computer screen for nothing like me
>>
You don't have to touch programming until uni and you can still end up successful. I didn't hello world until uni and I got a job.
>>
>>56110777
>I'm in 12th grade now, Is it too late to start learning programming?

Just nuke the planet.
>>
I wouldn't say so.
You've gotta keep in mind that CS attracts autists, people who spend their time obsessing over this stuff. It's OK for you to not be a fucking DaVinci with computers, but don't complain when you're working some shitty code monkey job without practicing.
To be honest man, the hardest thing about CS is the algorithms and figuring them out by yourself, but beyond that, everything boils down to whether or not you can write it. Even then, the algorithms are easy to learn if you have a good professor or good resources to learn from.
Don't worry about it and take it easy, but don't slack off when you get to college.
>>
>>56112275
>>56112168
>>56112221
Not OP, but thank you so much guys
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.