[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help picking a notebook, I'm heading to the uni soon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: product_1570502.jpg (21KB, 800x678px) Image search: [Google]
product_1570502.jpg
21KB, 800x678px
I need help picking a notebook, I'm heading to the uni soon and I'll be using it for basic tasks as well as casual gaming. What kind of a procesor is best? RAM? Graphic card? I don't really know anything about notebooks, this is going to be my first one. What do you guys recommend?
>>
>>56109912
This is wrong place to ask I tell ya. This board full of braindead autists for the most part. Ask someone you know irl.
>>
>>56109912
Just find a cheap one that still comes with Windows 7 instead of 10.
>>
>>56109912
If you want something nice for yourself, get a new VAIO Z.
>>
FUCK OFF
>>
Get a thinkpad/chromebook/surface for daily tasks and a tower for gaming. Both are better in their own domains than a one-fits-all solution.
>>
Thinkpad T420. All you need. Fuck games. Focus on your studies and use this marvelous machine.
>>
>>56109912
Look at Dell's XPS 13. You can find Linus's review of it on YouTube. It's a great all around laptop for a uni student, and not that expensive. Typically, you want to have an SSD (240GB or higher) at least 8GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i5.
>>
get one with an Intel HD Graphics 520 (skylake cpu), and 8 GB memory.
>>
pcspeciaist.co.uk is a pretty good place to customise your own laptop if you're in the UK.
>>
>>56110121
here is a decent ideal you can expect from the HD 520, IMO its perfectly fine for casual gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjuHKuCugHs
>>
>>56110109
don't listen to this loser
>>
>>56109912
Most laptops in the $300-$600 dollar range will do. Closer to $300 will be more basic, while closer to $600 will perform better. Anything below that range is crap. Anything above might be overkill for you.
>>
>>56109912
XPS 13 (or 15 if you need a bigger screen)
It has a bigger screen (for you) relative to its actual size because of the thin bezels on top and sides. It's literally smaller than laptops with equivalent screens.
Don't get the touchscreen version because
>laptop
>touchscreen
>QHD on 13" screen
>shit battery life
>>
>>56109912
I assume you are going to do nothing but type, edit some images and post on facebook:
Any post 2010 notebook will work for you.
>>
Asus K501UX
>>
>>56109912
>need laptop for school
>gotta have vidya :)
>>
File: asus-k501ux-gaming-laptop.jpg (168KB, 1500x1130px) Image search: [Google]
asus-k501ux-gaming-laptop.jpg
168KB, 1500x1130px
>>56111698
Why the fuck not?

If a person studies far away from his/her home it wouldn't be practical to bring his desktop with him/her, so a laptop with decent hardware is a great choice.

For example, I live in the North border of muh country and my uni is at the South, so I have to live in a dorm.

I own pic rel laptop. Asus K501UX.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.