[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna reinstall soon. What version of windows is best right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: windows-10-logo.png (12KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-logo.png
12KB, 1024x1024px
Gonna reinstall soon.

What version of windows is best right now? Its mostly for games. Can win10 be botnet free?
>>
Win 10 is the best for games, but it cannot be made botnet free.
>>
>>56109216
Learn to shit in a fucking toilet, Pajeet.
>>
>>56109216
>Can win10 be botnet free?

yeah if you use an external firewall and whitelist everything
>>
Oh look, it's this thread again.
>>
>>56109239
First time ive made it
>>
>>56109216
You can make windows 10 botnet free by disconnecting your computer from the Internet, but that will make it pretty much impossible to play vidya.
>>
>>56109293
Are you implying that you made every thread ever on this syte?
>>
7 is best for games. Half of games don't even work on win10.
>>
>>56109319
>all video games require internet connection
What? Sure they do if you only play online games, but Windows 10 can be used as a good console for offline ones. Like in the old times, you can ask your friends to come over to play vidya, or get them to bring a laptop to play over lan which doesn't require connection to internet.
>>56109216
It cannot be botnet free. You can do your best to remove the botnet, use Spybot anti-beacon, blacklist all Microsoft IP addresses like >>56109229 suggested, uninstall or at least disable half the crap you get with Windows 10, including cortana. But until you get to alter the OS at a system level freely, it will always have botnet.
>>
10 is fine. no issues on it.

games work fine.

it's better than 7.

anyone who disagrees hasn't used it or is a retard with computers.
>>
>>56109436
>t. Rajesh
>>
>>56109436
Is being obnoxious part of the training?
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x640px)
image.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>56109436
> win 10
> games
Pic related gayms

Also
> video games
>>
>>56109216

Instal an LTSB Enterprise version, It's the best you can get.

Also don't bother asking for muh original keys or shit like that, a simple kms activator works just fine (and yes, your Windows will update afterwards with no issues)
>>
>firewall the shit out of your network to block Microsoft connections
>they notice that your data isn't coming back to them
>they just ask intel to use the hardware backdoor that uses a 3g connection and can access anything even if your computer is off or disconnected from your network
>arrested for having Something To Hide, a federal offense
>>
>>56109507
where can I find one without buying it
>>
I know this thread is bait, but i am trying a laptop that came with it, and jesus christ, i cant take it anymore.

Cant even leave it on overnight to compile / download something, cause it auto-updates and restart and i lose everything.

It also moves all my desktop icons around when updating and it triggers my autism.

Will install W7 next week, but is it possible to permablock the auto updater till them with some tinkering? I tried the "metered" mode, but no help, want to try something more permanent.
>>
>>56109425
Try using Steam without a Internet connection. It's impossible to do anything without Internet these days.
>>
>>56109549
>using steam
I'd rather not
>>
>>56109549
GOG.com
>>
>>56109539
Disable windows update service
>>
>>56109524

The Internet
>>
File: cctv-bedfordshire.jpg (19KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
cctv-bedfordshire.jpg
19KB, 500x383px
>>56109516
I'm British so they dont even need to track me they can see me in my in house CCTV.

>>56109507
Thanks, Ill download those. Any more tips on removing the botnet? Reddit has guides I guess but it is reddit...

Looks like I'll dual boot for non gaming activities.
>>
>>56109539

Please remove yourself, W10 autoupdates only if you're dumb enough to leave its Update setting like that.

It literally takes 3 clicks to change that setting
>>
>>56109549
Bullshit, Offline mode works just fine, you just gotta download games and run them once online.
>>
>>56109580
>but it is reddit
It's still much better than listening to anyone here
>>
>>56109584
Nah, my win7 started randomly updating itself recently. Ive had it turned off for years. Some dodgy shit on M$'s part.
>>
>>56109601
You haven't properly set it up then.
>>
>>56109584

I literally got my this laptop 4 days ago and the updater itself has no more "never update" setting.
>>
>>56109589
Are you fucking retarded? You need the Internet connection to download them.
>>
>>56109594
>>56109580
You do realize it's the same people in both places, right?
>>
>>56109644
Haha, ironic as fuck m8.
>>
>>56109575
thanks secret clubber
>>
>>56109676
pirate bay
>>
>>56109436
Aside from the fact it downloads and installs apps without your permission? Fuck that.
>>
>>56109226
Windows 7 is best for games
>>
>>56109216
>What version of windows is best right now
The one you have legally
>>
>>56109400
>Half of games don't even work on win10.
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>56109964
It doesn'n do that, you were misinformed.
>>
Windows 10 is the best, and no im not baiting
>>
>>56109964

Not apps, just its updates.
>>
>Linux fag here
>I set up Windows as main OS for some Visual Studio Projects
>recently (friday) this shit restarted for an update and never came back, couldn't recover the system and had to extract my data
>yesterday installed Ubuntu again
>Windows 7 on VBox
unless you use Winshit to play good games, don't use it.
>>
I use 10 at the moment, but will go back to 7.

1. I don't see any improvement other than minor stuff that can be replicated with 3rd party software on 7 (iso mounting, mouse scrolling, drivers for usb 3...)

2. Compatibility with old software and hardware can be problematic (it depends on what you use, obviously)

3. You have to spend A LOT OF TIME researching and disabling all kinds of shit to make it bearable. There are GP settings in various places to disable updates, automatic driver installations, fucking lock screen, telemetry from max to min... on top of that the usual CP settings and the new Settings panel... basically nobody who isn't a neckbeard will have the determination to go through all that, normies are FUCKED.

4. With the Anniversary Update they changed some stuff and removed some settings from the Professional version, makes you lose confidence in what will happen in the future.

5. You pretty much need Enterprise if you want any control, so the whole "free upgrade" thing is irrelevant. You're stuck with pirating, same as ever.

tl;dr: unless you have a good reason to use it now, stay on 7 or 8.1. Wait to see what happens in a year or so. Sure, MS will push DX12 games, but it remains to be seen how much that will matter in practice and what will happen with Vulkan.
>>
>>56110606

DX12 will lose out to Vulkan for all those reasons you mentioned, plus many more.

MS really shot themselves in the foot with this one. If they were smart they would've released DX12 for win7, then proceed to phase out 7 once DX12 became entrenched as the standard over Vulkan.

As it stands, DX12 will not gain the traction required to outpace Vulkan standardization. MS is finally losing their trump card for maintaining OS marketshare dominance.
>>
>>56109226
DX12 is only supported by a handful of games. DX12 performance is shit when compared to Vulcan. There is literally no reason to use Windows 10 unless you want to be part of the botnet.
>>
>>56109226
Edu does desu
>>
>>56109436
Great bait.

Windows 10 is broken and buggy, 7 outperforms it so hard and don't have to install the telemetry updates :( Win10 it's built in
>>
>>56112294
No version of 10 lets you disable telemetry completely, Ent and Edu just let you set it to a lower level.
>>
Fuck it. Think I'll go for windows 8.1. Whats the best version?
>>
>>56109216
I gave in to the botnet
>>
I can download official w10 iso from microsoft and install without key? Yes/No?
>>
>>56109216
The last free windows OS is windows 7 SP1 without telemetry, windows malware & spyware.
There are no maintained scripts that will remove and hide all the poisoned updates. Microsoft has been flagging malware updates as critical.

There is no future for windows. It's about time another OS vendor steps up.
>>
>>56109216
W10.LTSB.X64.en-US
>>
>>56109216
Windows 8.1 w/ Classic Shell
>>
>>56115304
This.
So much this.
Win 8.1 w/ CS literally have 4x better performance than Win7.
>>
W10 is fine the botnet is overrated
>>
>>56110606
>You have to spend A LOT OF TIME researching and disabling all kinds of shit to make it bearable. There are GP settings in various places to disable updates, automatic driver installations, fucking lock screen, telemetry from max to min... on top of that the usual CP settings and the new Settings panel... basically nobody who isn't a neckbeard will have the determination to go through all that, normies are FUCKED.

Autism.
>>
File: PENOR.png (162KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
PENOR.png
162KB, 720x720px
no reason to be worried about this imaginary "botnet" if you have nothing to hide in the first place
>>
File: Firewall.png (7KB, 515x125px) Image search: [Google]
Firewall.png
7KB, 515x125px
>>
>>56109216
7 is best, anybody who disagrees can fuck themselves because they are wrong.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.