[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

During Japan's tech boom it felt like their big companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: namsantower.gif (265KB, 604x707px) Image search: [Google]
namsantower.gif
265KB, 604x707px
During Japan's tech boom it felt like their big companies dabbled in every field possible. Cameras, TVs, phones, video game, software and hardware etc.

Why aren't the Koreans as bold? LG and Samsung are relatively tame when you compare their history to Sony or Panasonic. The car companies too. Where is my Kia lawnmower?
>>
Senpai... SAmsung literally makes bikes/apartments/cars in South Korea

They just don't export the weird shit
>>
>LG and Samsung are relatively tame
How?
>>
>>56103134
>Why aren't the Koreans as bold?
It's a young country, and its brands are younger. Samsung was better known as a sugar refinery that had just moved onto freeze dried noodles in 1970. Japanese companies at the same time were already making cheap radios and TV's for export.
>>
>>56103213
Well then, I had no idea. Why don't they try that shit here in the US?
>>
Would you trust it?
>>
Another question, how did Korea surpass Japan in the electronics industry?
>>
>>56103348
it only seems that way due to the unprecedented prevalence of smartphones. All Samsung and LG were known for back in the days was TV's and DVD players. I think Japan still makes top tier cameras, tvs and other shit I can't name off the top of my head
>>
>>56103348
Japan's electronics industry matured into a predominantly service and industrial focused market
>>
>>56103134
they are,
bunch of home appliances, tons of consumer electronics, industrial systems, infrastructure
>>
>>56103134
They make tanks and sheeeit too.
>>
>>56103134
Hyundai
>>
>>56103134
>During Japan's tech boom it felt like their big companies dabbled in every field possible
That's because all of those companies were and still are conglomerates. They're not just one company. They're a bunch of small companies under one name.

The Koreans have them too. There's Samsung, who makes phones, TVs, flash memory, computers , cameras, air conditioning units, ovens, refrigerators and more. Then there's Hyundai, who makes cars, construction equipment, Ac units, electronics and other crap. Besides making cars, Daewoo also made some guns and shit.
>>
>>56103258
They do, just not using their brands. Your Kenmore fridge might actually be an LG in disguise.
>>
>>56103134
They stole tech from Japs and can't make their own shit.
>>
>>56103299
Way more than I'd trust a Ford.
>>
>>56104388
>trusting gook engineering
>>
>>56103134
If you lived in Korea you'd see. All those big conglomerates are in every business imaginable. Samsung for example is in every business under the sun, as with SK, Lotte, Hyundai, LG, etc.
>>
>>56103134
I think you don't have any clue on how big Samsung actually is.

Like imagine if Apple made Military Equipment, Cars, Roads, 700m Ships, Bikes, Owned Hotels, Insurance Companies, Banks, Advertisement companies, owned multiple football teams and other sports teams in General..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Sports
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung#Operations
>>
>>56103134
Come live in Korea, friend.
Got can use your 삼성 phone in your 삼성 apartment after you step out of your Ford produced in a 삼성 factory while watching your 삼성 TV eating cereal promoted by LG.
Just because they're not going full retard overseas doesn't mean they don't own everything over here.
>>
>>56104708
How are monopoly laws even in Asia?

I feel like they have an even bigger problem then the US.
>>
>>56104708
The Samsung cars are actually Nissans/Renaults.
>>
tfw the Koreans replaced the Japs when it comes to tech
>>
File: 140414TerryADavis.jpg (2MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
140414TerryADavis.jpg
2MB, 4320x3240px
>>56105697
If you're going to tfw then post a face for heaven's sake.
>>
>>56103134
>LG and Samsung are relatively tame
Says that about the company that has an entire city on its name containingsomeof its businesses
>>
>>56105697
They did win the DARPA robotics challenge recently.
>>
>>56103134
>Why aren't the Koreans as bold? LG and Samsung are relatively tame when you compare their history to Sony or Panasonic
LG and Samsung golden age started way after the golden age of Japanese conglomerates, still, Korean conglomerates are probably even bigger than Japanese conglomerates at their top
>>56103348
>Another question, how did Korea surpass Japan in the electronics industry?
The lost decade is still hurting the entirety of the Japanese economy
>>
>>56103348
Racial superiority
>>
>>56103299

Can`t be worse than Tesla
>>
Fun fact: Samsung made the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
>>
>>56107730
>Cuckreans
>Superior to Japanese, who are white.
>>
>>56103134
M8... Companies like Samsung, LG, Hyundai, Daewoo have the hands in every business imaginable. Even military shit.
>>
>cuckrea
>>
>>56103134
>>56103348
The old Japanese engineers who were responsible for all the major innovations were cucked by the companies they worked for, when it was considered that Japan needed to freshen up its work force sometime around the new millennium. They effectively fired pretty much everyone who knew how stuff was made, and without giving them a chance to train a new generation. Naturally these people got so furious that instead going on a strike, they all up and left for South Korea and started providing them with all their know-how as a big fuck you gift to Japan. This is why Korea came on the rise after Japan started stagnating. In the 90's and earlier Korea was basically China 2.0
>>
>>56111120
>The Reuters news agency reported that one company in Korea’s Samsung Group sought to recruit a Japanese engineer under these terms: “Annual salary 60 to 100 million yen; 3-to-5-year contract; bonus of several tens of millions of yen upon signing the contract; personal secretary and car with driver, plus furnished 100-square-meter condominium included.”
>personal secretary and car with driver
Sounds pretty good.
>>
>>56103213
They also make fucking boats.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_SGR-A1
>>
>>56103134

They dont want to make the same mistakes as the Japanese did - it earned them 3 "lost decades".

S-Korea focuses on few industrial champions and they focus on things grounded in realism.

If you want experimentation look to the USA and China.
>>
>>56112349
I bet that secretary also came with blowjobs with that kind of contract.
>>
>>56112831
i bet his tiny wiener didn't even need that many
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.