[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are smart watches still a meme? Or are they becoming useful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: r_750x450.jpg (27KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
r_750x450.jpg
27KB, 750x450px
Are smart watches still a meme? Or are they becoming useful? Is there any point in buying them yet?
>>
Still a meme.

Still want an android wear one for use as a PC remote but paying $100 for a $10 feature is stupid.
>>
>he now pays for a wearable, trackable ID tag

Good goyim, like the cattle you are
>>
Not only are they not useful but they're also hideous. And that's coming from somebody who still uses a F-91W
>>
Legitimate timesavers, you feel like some sort of mongoloid for having to pull out your phone to do shit

many are either shitty, poorly built or just plain ugly but there's a few good ones.
>>
>>56101497

I had an apple watch for 6-7 months. I think I legit gave it fair chance. In the end I decided it was pretty much a gimmick. Maps don't really work, siri can't understand you most of the time, voice calls with it are terrible quality. The activity monitor works... kind of, just not very accurate.

The main thing it really does well is notifications. The thing is I can take 2 seconds and get out my phone for that anyway. In the end there's no way slightly more convenient notifications is worth $300+. Unless something really revolutionary changes, smartwatches are a solution looking for a problem in my opinion.
>>
>>56102545
Where's the time? I only see a black screen?
>>
>>56101890

They don't do anything your phone doesn't already do, and the Apple Watch can't even communicate information to the Internet without your phone also being present. You colossal waterhead.

>>56102545
>>56103916

You guys get it. This is my experience with smartwatches: notifications sound pedestrian, but they save you so much time. Also,

>Maps don't really work, siri can't understand you most of the time, voice calls with it are terrible quality. The activity monitor works... kind of, just not very accurate.

Speaking as the owner of an Apple Watch, this is all more or less correct. In general, the watch is too slow to be useful. That said, the latest version of watchOS is supposed to cache 8-10 (I think?) of your most frequently used apps to speed up their usage. If it works half as well as Apple implied it would at WWDC, it'll resolve just about every complaint I've ever had about the Apple Watch.
>>
>>56101497
wtf? I hate smart watches now
>>
>>56101497
It's a meme.

Jobs would not have released Apple Watch in this state.
>>
>>56101497
with mine I can keep up with stupid group chats and tell the time without having to pull my phone out. the rest are small simple pleasures. I don't have to unlock my phone when my smartwatch is connected. if I place my phone somewhere stupid and forget about it I can ring my phone from my watch. if I need to look behind or under something I can use my watch as a viewfinder. if my phone is charging across the room I can still get notifications. shit like that is nice enough that I miss my watch when I'm not wearing it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.