[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could I possibly install a cell tower that would send my dumbphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot.png (145KB, 1037x530px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
145KB, 1037x530px
Could I possibly install a cell tower that would send my dumbphone free SMS's and redirected phone calls from whatsapp/skype/whatever, thus having myself a personal 'carrier'?

I would wish to sport this badboy around, but free as a bird, powered by whatsapp.

Kinda practically speaking, though I know it may be too far-fetched to speak practically about.
>>
FCC gonna rip you a new anus
>>
Technically? Possible. A server that runs a WhatsApp client and converts them to SMS via your own radio tower. Practically? Nah. Your own radio tower needs a ton of legal work. (+the cancer effect)
>>
>>56100391
No, just get a gotenna
>>
>>56100426
could I not make a tower and just drop the cell antennas on top of a building?
I don't wish to give anyone cancer so that's probably a no.
>>
File: 5aa.jpg (333KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5aa.jpg
333KB, 600x600px
>>56100445
Are you aware of the amount of legal and man hours required to make a cell tower you dense fuck.
>>
>>56100445
>>56100472

Also, you'd need to buy or rent spectrum which you probably can't afford
>>
>>56100472
obviously he's not seeking legal work or hiring people to do it
>>
>>56100472
no, that's why I am asking you rude animal.

>legal
and yet you call me dense

besides a man once seeded an entire forest.
>>
>>56100491
>rent spectrum
there could be a vacant one.

in my country.

in my city.
>>
>>56100391
you want to make like a mesh network for cellphones only you authorize?
Probably you can given time and money, but it would be illegal and if someone finds you they will fuck you harder than what we can explain with words on this board.
>>
>>56100583
I want to redirect whatsapp/skype/telegram to my phone. Would jump over any mean that works,
>>
>>56100832
seriously, look at gotenna

>>56100542
Maybe, but phone might not support the band
>>
>>56100391
You absolutely can.

But you'll likely have to
1) Have permission from your city to have a tower
2) Rent a partial spectrum from a service provider already in the area.
3) Register with the FCC (or your local equivalent) that you'll be pumping out radio waves in your area

If all goes well, you can. But you'll likely need thousands of dollars. Also this is assuming they'll even let you. They might deny you a part of the spectrum or require you to provide service if you're renting, thus costing you more than it'll save you.

Imagine going in to make your own cell tower because you don't want to pay $50/month and now you have to shell out $150,000/month to handle tens of thousands of phone calls and licencing fees.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.