[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google's Fuchsia Kernel set to replace Linux on phones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (5KB, 205x245px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 205x245px
Google's Fuchsia Kernel set to replace Linux on phones and other devices.

http://www.ibtimes.com/google-replacing-chrome-os-android-fuchsia-2401522

Holy fuck. That's it for you freetards. All you had to show off was the big market share from Android, even though Google absolutely raped the Kernel and created the most privacy invading OS on the Planet. Now even this is going away, and you poor fucks are left with 2% Desktop market share and Linux running on some fridges an servers.

Not a good day to be a freetard I suppose.
>>
>>56093287
>he thinks we actually care about botnet phones
>>
freetards on suicide watch
lagdroid finished and bankrupt
>>
>>56093287
THANK YOU BASED GOOGLE
>>
If anything this would make android lagg less since Google could rewrite it in C or something. Also Linux is just a kernel, there are no GNU components in Android. Comparing them with desktops does not make any sense
>>
>>56093336
You don't have a smartphone then, anon?
>>
>>56093287
>Not a good day to be a freetard I suppose.

It is actually.
A cancerous company, SJW devs and faggots you will leave Linux alone. The sooner /trash/ like you and Google feck off, is the better for loonix.
>>
>>56093287
Linux is an insecure piece of shit anyways.
I can't blame them to be fed up with waiting for one fix after another.
They can at least do it themselves if they control the kernel.
>>
>>56093287
I'm not giving views to that, so is it going to be closed source?
>>
Cyanogenmod remains a thing.

Now if only Google would fucking release the Android zip-update master key.
>>
Is it not possible to make a smartphone that's not OS-dependent? In the end' it's just a computer, couldn't companies ship them with just a BIOS that enables you to install your OS of choice, or some barebones free system that you're free to replace without begging for unlock codes and basically hacking your device?
>>
>>56093503
https://fuchsia.googlesource.com/

It's kinda open, but who knows if they don't sneak in some binary blobs.
>>
>>56093642
I wish the same anon.
>>
>>56093391
>current year
>using any phone other than one you built yourself out of a raspberry pi and some buttons
enjoy big brother knowing your every position
>>
>>56093503
http://pastebin.com/vvVj0qeT
>>
>>56093797
>current year
>using any phone whatsoever
Reminder that cell service providers actively sell the location data that they collect on you based on the towers you connect to:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/9/4187654/how-carriers-sell-your-location-and-get-away-with-it

Also, the Raspberry Pi requires proprietary blobs to boot and is shit.
>>
File: 1458678812418.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458678812418.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>using this as a freetard BTFO post

You're fucking retarded. This is bad news because if this kernel isn't open source, then android is obviously on the way to being closed source.

And you know what that means? Your phone is now completely at the mercy of carriers and manufacturers for updates.

I understand this board has been infested by hardware babies who have no problem shelling out dosh every year for the latest and greatest, but I don't think that's a fate you should wish upon everyone.

This is also possible bad news because switching to an original kernel is pretty pointless if no improvements come with it, and can also fuck up a LOT of compatability.

Fuck I hate this board now.
>>
>>56094290
Pajeet detected.
Back to your containment site and take your shitty ROMs with you
>>>/xda/
>>
>>56094080
Not only do they sell it to the highest bidder, they give it to the NSA for the American government to track you (no matter what country you're in).

You're an idiot that PAID MONEY to have a fucking tracking device on you at all times. Don't you feel dumb?
>>
>>56093447
/thread
>>
>>56094290
But what if it's a foss micro-kernel?
They could fill their os' userspace with blobs and keep the kernel foss.
>>
>tfw GNU/Fuchsia on the desktop
>>
>/g/ in charge of not being fucking retarded
>>
@56094371
Not an argument

>>56094458
If that's the case, then I'll take back what I said. Frankly I wouldn't mind it because I think the Linux kernel might have been limiting Android, but knowing Google I don't have my hopes up.
>>
>>56093642
I kinda want a phone like this, too, anon.

Let's say you get a brand new phone. It already has a recovery (ala Android) installed. The moment you start up the phone, you're met with a tiny scrollable app with a list of OS-es (Just like BrowserChoice.eu did for browsers).

It should list the pros and the cons of each, as well as the approximate battery life you're gonna get on each. After you select your OS, the phone will restart, and ask you to set a password to the recovery (It's not necessary to set one, but you probably should)

That's the kinda phone I want.
>>
@56094702
Wow it's you again you faggot. Enjoy nogames.
>>
>>56093287
Fuchsia will be an entirely new OS. The kernel is actually called Magenta. It will replace chrome os and android completely, it's not just a new kernel.
>>
Huh, those guys weren't far from the truth.

http://theregister.co.uk/2016/06/08/google_is_taking_android_proprietary_heres_how/
>>
>>56094519
GNUchsia
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.