[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>C++ Complex as fuck, takes an eternity to write simple concepts,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: cup_of_rage.jpg (134KB, 340x444px) Image search: [Google]
cup_of_rage.jpg
134KB, 340x444px
>C++
Complex as fuck, takes an eternity to write simple concepts, not standardized at all, all libraries are mess
>C
Same as above but with less features and even more verbose
>Fortran
Although it's fast it's a dead language with no community besides some crazy scientists who now prefer R or Python
>Python
Slow as FUCK, shitty libraries for webdev, not portable, but it's very hackable and nice to write. Basically a hobbyist language with no real use in the real world
>R
DSL for statistics nerds and wannabe Physics, slow as fuck too
>C#
Micropajeet language with nice features but still slow and all over the place. It's a mess if you want to use third party libraries, distribute your code or make it cross-platform. Has been making good progress on these problems but still shit
>Java
The only language that I would rather eat my own shit than work with it for a living.
>Haskell
Theoretical useless piece of garbage used as a masturbating mechanism for wannabe mathematicians and mathematicians. Slow and void of productive use in the real world.
>Go
Nice syntax language that is famous only for being developed at Google. (If that's any good). Under the hood the language is a cesspool of bad code. It's still unusable in production. I'm sceptical that it can survive another 5 years if it doesn't get proper effort.
>Rust
Hipster language that has some nice feature but it's a dead language from the get go. There's literally no reason for this to exist when all it wants to achieve is syntactical sugar over already existing features.
>Ruby
Nice toy language that has gone too far
>>
File: 1456610787962.gif (896KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456610787962.gif
896KB, 700x600px
>C
>verbose
>>
>Go
>Under the hood the language is a cesspool of bad code. It's still unusable in production
How so?
>>
>>56084720
what are some good coding languages you enjoy? faggot
>>
>>56084720
>COBOL
Very fast and nice language if it wasn't for backward compatibility hindering its progress. In part I blame IBM for jewing CTOs to buy their services and not working on developing the language further. A real shame
>Javascript
Nice and easy language but not ready to industry status. Until it doesn't have a proper native code compiler and a proper concurrency model it will still be a webdev language
>F#
I can use Haskell if I want FP, If I want fp-oop I can use Scala, if I want oop I can use C#. It has no reason to exist but to fill Microshill's resume
>VB
Nice language but has no use besides maintaining legacy codebases or Office macros
>Scala
Nice fp-oop language you made on a piece of shit vm you Mr. Odersky. It is ambiguous anyway
>OCaml
Best fp language if it wasn't for some lacking fp features and it's seemingly inexistant community and packages
>ActionScript
A fucking piece of shit garbage
>Objective C
Klingon speech only made for snowflakes to feel important
>Swift
Same as above
>Lua
Slow as fuck but has a great community. Not usable for anything rather than game scripting, scripting or script kidding
>Idris
No use
>Miranda
Useless
>Elm
Useless pretentious garbage
>Typescript
Good for nothing, made to overcome the shortfalls of ES5. Now I rather use ES6 with Flow-type
>Dart
Wannabe Node with no use. A hipster language that doesn't add any value to the world
>Erlang
I don't work at AT&T, Nokia, Alcatel-Lucent or any telecom company - I don't use it, simple as that
Has the proficiency of being slower than Python, slow clap now
>Elixir
Better syntax that won't make the underlying vm any better
>Ada
I don't work at lockheed martin - I don't use it. Simple as that. It's mission critical claim can be achieved in other languages with proper testing, good compilers and daemons
It's dead too
>>
>>56084893
>Flow-type
Last I tried it Flow was incompatible with ES6 modules because the special snowflakes at FB invented yet another third party module system. Syntax was also lacking in place in comparison with TS, like destructuring and omitting semicolons.
>>
>>56084893
>PHP
Personal project of a Pajeet that has gone too far
>Racket
Wannabe lisp for nerds and hobbyists
>Scheme
Academical language with no real use in the real world. Same as above.
>LISP
Same as above
>Pascal
Never used, never heard of anyone using it, so it must be shit
>Delphi
Expensive Visual Basic
>Chapel
I made a whole language instead of a simple library - Look at how big my cock is: The programming language
>Eiffel, Smalltalk
Real OOP which didn't work, today theoretical languages which won't get off the ground
>Haxe
Nice concept but the produced code is a mess, slow and not very portable
>Io
Nice language with nice features if it wasn't for a single man's work
>Matlab, Mathematica
Languages for rich people who don't know how to program prefer to have out of the box functionality over using R. Domain specific and slow as fuck
>Nemerle, Nim
Resume building projects, nothing else
>PostScript, LaTeX, TeX, *eX
>If I write a program to write my text maybe I can sound more smart
>Vala
Syntactical sugar for the gnome team don't have to look at their C abomination code any more. Not portable
>Tcl
Slower than python. It has literally no advantage over similar alternatives. The syntax is cancer too
>Q/K
>I will pay 100k for the cpu when I have J and Informix/Splunk/InfluxDB
>J
Slow as fuck, no proper typing system, want to be Q/K so fucking much so it is holding back its progress
>APL
Fast but I don't speak Greek
>Oz
Same as Haskell but better than it
>Groovy
Syntactical whip cream over shit cake
>>
>>56084835
D, LLVM IR, Cython

But they are all shit too
>>
>>56084720
I feel like C# should have become the replacement for both C++ and C. Why isn't it taking off?
>>
>>56085498
Mandatory garbage collection = completely nonviable as an all-purpose systems programming language

RAII isn't perfect, but it's the right pattern >99% of the time, and try/catch/finally isn't a real alternative.

Same decision sunk D's chances.
Even when they tried to backpedal and added 'nogc' directives, the std lib was already infected at a semantic level and it was too late.
>>
>>56084893
just use node.js

plus objective c is a good language too
>>
>>56085679
How can I write proprietary code in Node?
A language isn't that good if you can only target one platform with it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.