[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /guts/ thread got bumped off the map before I could post.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Mini ITX Build normal.png (209KB, 1560x938px) Image search: [Google]
Mini ITX Build normal.png
209KB, 1560x938px
The /guts/ thread got bumped off the map before I could post.

Assuming the rear fan blows out, and the two bottom fans blow in, how terrible is this Mini ITX case layout?
>>
Terrible.

75% of your intake fans are completely blocked off by the GPU, your PSU is exhausting at the front, and you will have more negative pressure than positive.
>>
>>56084927
>75% of your intake fans are completely blocked off by the GPU

And if, for example, I ran a 1080 Strix Gaymer without the fans/ shroud, and the two intakes plugged into the card, would it still be terrible? I haven't yet draw anything that would isolate the PSU from the rest of the components/ airflow, but I considered having it draw air from a narrow channel at the front, and vent it out through discrete slits at the top.

No matter which way I orient it, though, PSU placement sucks. Can you suggest a method that doesn't significantly add to the dimensions of the case? If not, ducting might be my only solution.
>>
>>56084994
>draw
gg

To add to this, I've been trying to design a small form factor case for the past few weeks, and keep getting cockblocked by some issue or other. You occasionally see people remove their PSU casing and fan, and have case air blow over it. Haven't found a visual guide for that yet, and I don't want to electrocute myself.
>>
>>56085028

That's because you're still thinking like you're building a tiny ATX tower. Not an ITX case.

Visualize your desk. Where it will be and how will it take air in and how it will exhaust?

Then once you figure that part out, organize your internals. In no way shape or form should you have to take the casing off of your SFX PSU. It's useful if you have lots of airflow over all of your internals and your lay out doesn't. It's basically trying to fill the box and you can't do that since your fans won't flow enough air.
>>
>>56085764
Cool, well, keep an eye out in the coming months for a boxy, wood/ stainless PC organised similarly.

The MITX case market is saturated with awkwardly organised interiors that make concessions on airflow - both intake and outflow - I really do think this could do better, but can't sketch it accurately until I get my hands on either a 1080 or a sketchup model of one.
>>
>>56084677
that's basically the ncase m1

mine works well enough so far without any intake fans

running a 6700k cooled by noctua u9s (with second fan added) and a gtx 1080 founders edition

blows plenty of warm air out the back of the case but everything seems to run at acceptable temperatures for now

might water cool it later for shits & giggles though
>>
File: IMG_1951.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1951.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>56084677
r8
>>
>>56086668
i rate 486/586
>>
>>56084677
>autistic enough to put a meme fan in the render of his rig
you're fans are shit
you're build is shit
you're shit
>>
File: 54-300x292[1].jpg (19KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
54-300x292[1].jpg
19KB, 300x225px
>>56086501
>ncase m1

Brilliant, thank you. That was a great help. There are a crapton of examples out there, but the best small form factor case I saw is also the smallest with a full-length graphics card: the Velociraptor by ALS. He had parts machined for it, and fabricated a motorised louvre on the top that would open by servo depending on the core temps. Downside to that compact approach is it essentially requires all to be open. It's pretty much a skeleton when running.

I'm still put off by the idea of vents on the side on top, because I don't want to make it easy for dust to fall inside while the fans are spun down. If I can document the build and test process well enough, I'll post it up somewhere.
>>
>>56086708
Can't say I'd ever come to /g/ for your aesthetic judgement. FWIW these models are mostly from the SketchUp 3D Warehouse, and are clearly being used to prototype a case layout and check clearances. Spaghetti.

>>56086668
sockswithsandals/10
>>
File: IMG_1960.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1960.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>56086668
pretty good
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.