[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best USB floppy disk drive? I've got some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: fd_01a_angle_gal.jpg (285KB, 1680x981px) Image search: [Google]
fd_01a_angle_gal.jpg
285KB, 1680x981px
What's the best USB floppy disk drive? I've got some old files I want to transfer.
>>
There is no "best"
You get whatever the fuck one you can find in a box in your basement or at some garage sale, or you buy the cheapest one you can find online.
They all work fine and they're all worthless
>>
>>56083379
It's all the same chink shit. Good luck getting more than half of your 3.25" floppies to read OP.
>>
>>56083379
You are in for some disappointment.

The last time I tried to get shit off my old floppies was 2 years ago and they didn't age well.

Why are 3½ inches called floppies anyway? Their shell is rigid.
>>
>>56083379
You'll likely have better luck finding an old PC with a working drive that you can just read off and copy to a CD or flash drive or something.
>>
>>56084547
>Why are 3½ inches called floppies anyway? Their shell is rigid.

The disk inside the shell is floppy you ignorant fuck.
>>
why are floppies still a thing
>>
>>56083379
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cumulus-123501-5-1-4-External-Floppy-Disk-Drive-/262577080711
>>
>>56085609
>>56085609
>The disk inside
It's a film you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>56084547
Just morons that got used to 5 ¼" floppies floppies.

Same reason you have people calling MicroSD cards SD cards
>>
>>56085708
>people calling MicroSD cards SD cards
This is happening? Like in real life? I know that I shouldn't be surprised, but fuck.
>>
>>56086224
Shamefully, it's true.
>>
File: inside_floppy_disk.jpg (19KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
inside_floppy_disk.jpg
19KB, 400x397px
>>56085658
>disk |disk | (also disc)
>noun
>1 a flat, thin, round object
>>
>>56083379
There's a bunch on newegg. 3.5's or 5 1/4's u need?
>>
>>56084547
>Why are 3½ inches called floppies anyway? Their shell is rigid.
>being this underage

>>56085625
A lot of CNC machine shops are still using controllers from the 90's because they work and new ones are expensive. Unless you have DNC set up, floppies are usually the best way to transfer programs on and off them. You /can/ use a usb stick but they have to be formatted a super specific way that greatly limits their capacity and makes them unusable for anything else.
>>
>>56085708
Jesus Christ. The edge of that fucking namefaggery you've got going on makes your post shitty as all fuck, even if it was otherwise fine.
Filtered.
>>
If you've still got a lot of them laying around, I'd recommend getting an actual drive. They make 3.5 inch bay units that have a floppy slot and a multi card reader.
>>
File: 1344247554904.png (27KB, 215x203px) Image search: [Google]
1344247554904.png
27KB, 215x203px
>mfw I just disposed of 150 p3/celeron IBM computers all of them with floppy drives
Shit was old yo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.