[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Newest base model iMac >$1100 retail >Shit tier ultrabook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: iShit.png (297KB, 1132x767px) Image search: [Google]
iShit.png
297KB, 1132x767px
>Newest base model iMac
>$1100 retail
>Shit tier ultrabook i5 CPU
>5400 rpm old stock laptop drive circa 2010 (at least it's Hitachi)
>Transfer data for client from 2009 core 2 duo iMac with original hard drive
>2009 iMac still more responsive

How the fuck is Apple getting away this shit?
>>
>Industrial design
>hardware and software reliability
>proprietary software
>software optimization
>color accurate display
>a large following that aren't concerned with hardware specifications
It's not for people that are super concerned about the speed of their hard drive or how new their CPU is. It's for a market that wants to use the best versions of Adobe or casual consumers who have had bad experiences with Windows.
>>
The 21.5" model is targeted at people who'd normally buy a laptop but prefer a desktop for whatever reason. Everyone I know who actually does work with their desktop has a setup with one or more 27" QHD monitors or one of those utlrawide things that are popular lately.

If you look at the 27" model, you get something that looks a lot more like a desktop. It uses a desktop i5 and desktop HD, leaving the GPU and RAM as the only mobile components.

That said I don't think I'd buy a 27" model either. I'd prefer a mid-level headless tower akin to the old entry-level Powermac towers, but it would seem that Apple wants to upsell those with needs beyond a desktop AIO to the cylinder Mac Pro whether they need it or not. This is the single largest driving factor for the increasing popularity of hackintoshing.
>>
>>56081959
Yea I don't know what they're thinking offering only the Mac Pro for a legitimate desktop computer.
>>
>>56081987
The Mac Pro is a mess even. They let it languish on x58 for years, and then finally updated it to x79... right before x99 came out. They skipped Sandy Bridge-E, they skipped Haswell-E, and it looks like they're probably going to skip Broadwell-E too.
>>
>>56081799
At least it has 2 CPUs.
>>
>>56081799
>Dual core in 2016
ayy lmao
>>
>>56081799
>How the fuck is Apple getting away this shit?

Because it's well designed with the best consumer and commercial OS to "boot"
>>
>>56083232
>well designed
yeah, well designed to jew your customers for massive profit margins.
>>
>>56083232
They can probably get away with selling a core 2 quad in their computers and since it's a quad core everyone will think it's good.
>>
>>56083310
You could put anything in that computer as long as it has that apple on the chassis
>>
File: 1368308663681.jpg (96KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
1368308663681.jpg
96KB, 600x429px
>>56081799
Because it has the dumbest consumer base ever.

If I was Apple I would keep doing it. Fuck those idiots.
>>
>my cousin wants to buy a macbook
>it's the lowest end one with a pathetic 1.3 ghz dual core i5 with 4gb of ram
>i tell her it's shit and a huge waste of money
>"b-but everyone at school has one!"
rich kids are the biggest apple drones
>>
>>56083468
>rich
>low-end
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>56083494
she was willing to pay 1 grand for absolute trash, you tell me.
>>
>>56083310
A core 2 quad would still run circles around this 30W dual core excuse for a processor.
>>
because Apple customers don't care about specs majority just want that status symbol
>>
>>56083503
A fool and their money are easily parted. I have to congratulate Apple on their ability to rip people off like that though.
>>
File: applel.jpg (181KB, 1027x631px) Image search: [Google]
applel.jpg
181KB, 1027x631px
>>56081799
Not hard to understand. These are the brainwashed people Apple owns.
>>
I'm honestly shocked dual cores still exist these days.
>>
>>56081799
>tfw you can buy a more performant thinkpad than that on fleabay for less than $100
Literally less than 10% of the price. God I love not being a shit-for-brains macfaggot.
>>
>>56081987
>>56081959

It's about practical form factor. Desktop AIO is meant to reduce cable management, lower desk space, and as well as focusing being a good monitor. it's practical home electronic device, and as well as being a low grade workstation.

Laptops sell more then Desktops, and Normeis like Desktop AIO.
There is no market that wants or needs a IMac Desktop tower in 2016. This is because desktop towers are losing popularity to Laptop/AIO/Tablets/Mobile phones. The only people who use towers is Gamers, Power Users, and Professionals.

Windows has monopoly on pc gaming, so Apple can't sell it to gamer. Proffesionals would want industrial/luxury grade, hence mac pro. Power Users/Enthusiast will hackintosh because custom built is better then prebuilt. So Apple doesn't bother because of this market knowledge.
>>
>>56083984
>power user using anything other than loonix
lad
>>
>>56081799
I just bought a laptop HDD pull Hitachi 7200 RPM 500 GB for $25 CDN. External HDD enclosure $15 CDN. Checkmate, Apple.
>>
>>56081987
>Dick around with trashcan mac for a few years
>Keynote "We heard the demands of mac fans/the industry/our shareholders and are releasing the most powerful mac ever made, even more powerful than the Mac Pro"
>Rerelease a proper desktop mac pro with a snazzier name
>APPL shares skyrocket again
At least this is what I hope happens.
>>
>>56081799
because, they believe all this time and research spent into maxing out computers is destroying the world around us, making people waste time and have desires for what we don't need.

apple is just letting us know that it is us making the mistakes, not them.
>>
>>56084601
Thanks for your input.
I have forwarded your insights to Tim for immediate action.
>>
because the average consumer only uses their computer for low-demand tasks and will pay extra money to have a stylish computer displayed in their home
>>
>>56081799
There's a reason why we call them iTodders around here.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.