[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just out of curiosity, how does one become a non-military drone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Just out of curiosity, how does one become a non-military drone pilot? Do you think it's a career worth pursuing? Or is it one of those things that's going to get taken over by AI too soon?
>>
>>56079236
>Just out of curiosity, how does one become a non-military drone pilot?

>Join military
>Become military drone pilot
>Get honorably discharged
>Become non-military civilian drone pilot
>>
>non-military drone pilot
I don't think you understand senpai. There's no money in just flying drones. It's either military or photography/cinema, and to be honest, the military will pay better and has a smaller barrier to entry
>>
>>56079325
>non-military civilian
That's a redundant statement, but you're right. OP can get free training courtesy of the US Government. Also the Air Force has the easiest training regimen of all four branches.

Just be aware that drone pilots in the Air Force don't go on to become Master Sergeants. Get out ASAP if drone pilot is your job.
>>
>>56079325
I don't want to kill people.
>>56079348
I think there may be an emerging industry for it, I remember seeing a news article about a Japanese company working on using drones to deliver emergency medical supplies and food to elderly who live in rural areas. Stuff like that is bound to happen here in the West too right? What about drone ships or submarines to deliver goods across the sea? My worry is that the whole thing will get donated by AI too soon to be worth getting into.
>>
>>56079696
>I don't want to kill people.
Lurk in >>>/pol/. Then you might want to blow up some muslim families.
>>
>>56079691
Lieutenant Colonel Master Sergeant Shooter Person
>>
>>56079728
He only should lurk in pol of he has serious autism, otherwise he is going to hate that board
>>
>>56079236
>Or is it one of those things that's going to get taken over by AI too soon?
Not soon, but in the near future.

Sure, drones can follow GPS coordinates, but problems arise during bad weather conditions or weird routes like mountain wilderness or urban obstacles. We have yet to make software that can emulate the skill and instinct of a real pilot.

Like the other anons said, your best bet is honestly to go into military and get experience.
>>
>>56079348
My friend startsd iflycameras and now he says they get like 90 calls a day
There is DEFINITELY money in it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.