/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, /g/, need ideas >Last year on uni >Started working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Okay, /g/, need ideas

>Last year on uni
>Started working full-time
>Not planning to dedicate time for studies
>Have to make some kind of project for which I'll get some easy credits

Do you have any ideas for fizz-buzz app, program or web which would make professors wet and also be possible to make it in one weekend?
Professors kinda into that startup shit but would also appreciate knowledge stack.
>>
>>56077705
I've been in the exact same situation before, and after days of planning I came to a conclusion, the best idea I got was to
>>
>>56077845
to WHAT!?!?
this isnt OP but im raging all the same
>>
>>56077845
That is pretty good.

OP, you have your answer now.
>>
>>56077861
What he meant to say was that you just
>>
>>56077705

/g/ is not your personal guidance counselor. Go to the student building on your campus and make them earn their money.
>>
>>56077948
All they can offer is to make tower defence game, buisiness card reader or street art location guide
>>
>>56077995
Hey, look! 3 fizz-buzz app, program, or web which would make professors wet and be possible to make it in one weekend!
>>
>>56077995
>>56078016

Whatever keeps the professors happy and gets your diploma with the minimal amount of effort. You won't learn anything until you get out in the field anyway.
>>
>>56077995
a business card reader sounds pretty good as long as the interface is eye candy
>>
File: 1464490686066.jpg (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1464490686066.jpg
44KB, 633x758px
>>56077705

>falling for the college meme
>>
>>56077705
just be yourself
>>
>>56077705
Couldn't tell ya OP, I dropped out after three semesters of money burning at UCD and got a job at a startup. Getting the degree is extremely low return on investment these days unless you have an offer on the table explicitly requesting you to graduate and offering an incentive.

Put a couple of CRUD jobs on a template blog like the rest of the programming universe and you'll be hired shortly if you aren't completely autistic and socially retarded. The knowledge stack grows exponentially and you have to keep up with it yourself.

General rule of thumb, every month you are in a structured university class is falling behind six months in the real world.
>>
>>56080255
Already working as a programmer and also do not pay tuition.
It was cool in first year gained better knowledge in programming, OOP, DB, architecture, but now im at this point there i need just to finish.

btw, in my 3rd party post-soviet country it is almost impossible to get proper job if you do not have education
>>
You could always go for the social contribution route. Convert random webpages/pdfs to phone apps from various gov agencies.

For example, the guidebook and flipcard shit for the EPA's small water systems could easily be converted into a mobile app.

https://www.epa.gov/dwcapacity/operation-and-maintenance-resources-small-drinking-water-systems-0
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.