[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is literally no reason not to use Linux if you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Fear_of_a_Black_Hat.jpg (74KB, 487x713px) Image search: [Google]
Fear_of_a_Black_Hat.jpg
74KB, 487x713px
There is literally no reason not to use Linux if you don't edit videos or play Vidya. If you dont do either of these things why arent you using Linux
>M-muh windows 7
You have more control and better security
>But what about that windows programs I use
Most that aren't AAA games will work on wine
>It's hard
My 9 year old cousin git the hang of it in a week
>>
Video Editing
>>
Because even the idiot proof distros inheritantly seem to screw up the update once the new version is out. Stuck on Ubuntu 13.1 and don't feel like reinstalling.
>>
>>56075468
>edit videos
Natron: https://natron.fr/
Pitivi: http://www.pitivi.org/
I'm sure these two are more than sufficient for the average user.
>>
>>56075468
>You have more control
So?
>better security
Who cares? I'm not an idiot so viruses don't concern me.
>wine
Why would I install a new OS and then install wine to use programs that I can already use right now?

I occasionally need to use Linux at work, but why should I waste my time using it on my personal computer for no benefit to me?
>>
>>56075468
I would be using Linux if I had a CPU that supported VT-d. I would be using OS X if that supported VT-d and I could get a system that fit my needs.
>>
>>56077885
Who says the only threat to your security is from outside attackers and not from Microsoft itself?
>>
I just installed Ubuntu. It doesn't recognize my wifi adapter so I can't do anything. I downloaded a driver but there's no installer, and have to use a command line to install it, apparently. Well, this OS is useless to me.
>>
File: 1465852053508.gif (531KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1465852053508.gif
531KB, 250x235px
>>56075468
>you have been using something for 15 years and it's been great for you
>please consider this shitty alternative just because it's just about the same thing

No.
>>
>>56078368
>plug ethernet cable
>open additional drivers program
>....
>profit
not so hard after all
>>
>>56075468
Because I enjoy maximum comfort and efficiency.
>>
>>56078451
I don't have a hardline connection in my apartment, unfortunately.
>>
>>56078471
you can USB tether your mobile phone
>>
>>56075468

>There is literally no reason not to use Linux if you don't edit videos or play Vidya.
Why the hell do I own a high end PC then?
>>
>>56077885
>Why would I install a new OS and then install wine to use programs that I can already use right now?
You'd have more options in terms of software and security. Personally, I have no use for Windows software, but I like knowing that I could always resort to using Wine or a VM if something useful were to turn up.
>>
>>56077885
>>56078368
>Linux is too hard to use lol xdxd
>on a technology board
i want summerfags to leave
>>
>>56077543
Opeshot and and kdenlive are opensource

Lightworks is commersial
>>
>>56078668
Who the fuck do you think you're calling a summerfag, you son of a bitch? I'll have you know that I've been on 4chan since April 2007, and that's only counting the time since I graduated from /b/. So you're one of those kids who thinks Pepe is the hot shit, eh? Ha! I've witnessed memes rise and fall, the very ebb and flow of history. Do you recall the days when Longcat was fresh, when Boxxy was queen? Entire boards have come and gone since I came here. I made the Lolcat macros that you and your friends giggled at in middle school. Do remember when /n/ was for news? What about when moot purged /pol/? Hell, do you even know who moot was? Or Snacks? I've seen things you can't possibly even imagine. I've done things beyond your comprehension. I raided sites that don't even exist anymore, and drank the tears of marks long since forgotten. I've gone through dozens of trips on boards you've never even heard of. From Anonymous to Gaymer Gayte, from Habbo to the Fappening, I've outlived them all, and I'm still thriving. And you have the insolence to call me. *me*, a summerfag? Take a step back, kiddo, and think for a second who you're talking to, or you might just get burned.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.