[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Linux is so good, then why is it so awful with audio? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1466261706595.png (1MB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1466261706595.png
1MB, 1100x1200px
If Linux is so good, then why is it so awful with audio?

It's not just audio production, but compatability like eax and a3d.

Don't get me started on pulse audio, shit is pretty much unusable with certain hardware
>>
GNU/Linux is pretty good. The bad thing are the non-free hardware companies that doesn't build non-Windows drivers. Basically, industries are the guilty.
>>
>>56071067
alsamixer muh nigga
>>
Pulseaudio works great.

Windows has nothing as easy for audio configuration as pavucontrol.

For example on Windows if you wanted to direct audio output from one program to two different audio devices simultaneously, how would you do it?

On Linux it is easy as pic related, I only have one audio device so the example doesn't look like what a real-world example would, but it still shows the feature virtually.
>>
>>56071067
>eax and a3d
What are those and why are they inferior to JACK?
>>
Because audio isn't needed to host a server or develop software. Take your cancer muh freetard everyday os elsewhere.
>>
>>56071873
You still can't easily output two sources to two different devices.
>>
>>56071067
This image is the worst thing I've ever seen.

And I've seen everything.
>>
>>56071873
Pulse Audio doesn't work great. Randomly muting a USB microphone on multiple distros isn't great.

Linux makes great progress every year, but if asshats like you pretend all the functionality is there because you like Linux a lot, it hurts adoption. When someone tries Linux after you say things like "lol Pulse Audio works gr8!!" and they have issues, they feel tricked and that's bad. Stop it. Users need to know to expect issues, expect some amount of learning curve, etc. Stop setting them up to be disappointed so they go back to their walled gardens.

Microsoft is in the process of setting up a new walled garden for software. We need Linux to catch on faster, and that means admitting where it falls short and addressing the issues.
>>
File: 1469647351459.jpg (69KB, 306x331px) Image search: [Google]
1469647351459.jpg
69KB, 306x331px
>>56071067
>Franz Ferdinand assasinated by furries

Where the fuck do you people find this shit? Jesus, what a waste of talent.
>>
>>56071067
Could you please delete this fucking picture and then kill yourself?
Thanks
>>
>>56071067
what the fuck is this picture
>>
>>56072180
it's a pure autism. This should be lethal already.
>>
>>56072180
Serbian furry art it seems
>>
File: a.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
not sure what you're talking about, op
>>
>>56072149
What's worse is that he got the color of Ferdinand's coat wrong. He had a bright peacock blue coat, that's still on display at museum and just as vivid bright blue as it was back then. Oh also some red blood stains but you can't really wash those out
>>
Any tutorial in how to set up a system-wide parametric equalizer in gnu/linux?

I only find plugins for DAWs and want to get off the windows ride
>>
>>56072412
mine (>>56072342) is all system-wide
>>
>>56072431
Yeah but i don't know what the fuck is going on there or how to set up that.

By looking for a gnu/linux parametric equalizer in Google i ended with some DAW plugins and nothing else, and i think that my small experience with Linux isn't helping at all.
>>
>>56072468
well, i'm using Calf, which is a set of plugins for JACK

the common setup is;
application > pulse > hardware (alsa)

mine is;
application > pulse > jack > hardware (alsa)
where the jack stage passes everything through calf, which provides things like an equalizer
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.