[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest. How valuable are these certs? I passed 801 with ease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (4KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 319x158px
Be honest. How valuable are these certs? I passed 801 with ease and should pass 802 with a week of reading. But seriously, how much easier does it make it for someone to break into IT for example? I heard some of these certs that these companies sometimes teach potential employees are worth a fortune, true or false?
>>
>>56069823
I had the A+ cert. It got me nowhere not even retail.
>>
Really depends on the company and the hiring manager. Some hiring managers make it a requirement cause they think it's a good thing. Others understand that a lot of people just cram for the test, pass it and then forget everything about it.

A good company won't hire someone just because they have or don't have a certain certification. A good interview can easily weed out the bullshitters. It can help to have certain certifications but I wouldn't be one of those people who end up with 30 of them.
>>
>>56070067
>not even retail

You mean like Geek Squad?
>>
nump
>>
>>56072873
nring up my post? wtf?
>>
>>56069823
If your going into IT Support than those certificates are just an accessory to your CV.

The best right now are the certificates in IT and Computer Security.
>>
>>56069823
>>56069823
Questions for OP:
Do you have a college degree?
Have you had a job before, if so what was the job?

To answer your question about the certs: They are valuable if you're just starting your career, or want to round out some basic knowledge on specific IT concepts such as infosec and networking. However, people already in IT will be able to easily discern your technical acumen with a couple simple questions.

At my point in my career, certs are more of an insurance policy and resume checkmark than they are useful to get me a job.
>>
>>56069823
anything comptia: absolutely nothing
ccna: better than comptia, but not really worth anything
ccnp: that will get your foot in the door, but without any experience don't expect much.
ccie: you already have at minimum 5 years experience if you have this, you are pretty well set.
mcsa/linux equivalent: by itself not much, with ccna and it may get your foot in the door
mcse/linux equiv: should get your foot in the door, and with a ccnp that alone may actually get you a job above help desk.
>>
>>56073118
>mcse/linux equiv:
The Must Consult Someone Else cert has been deprecated around here. There were hundreds of aspies with it who flocked to every sysop job a while back. Most of them are still unemployed.
>>
>>56069823
bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.