[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'sup /g/, help me out will you? So here's the situation:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

'sup /g/, help me out will you?

So here's the situation: I have a GTX780, so far I have no problem with it honestly, I have to tweek the settings a bit from time to time but it still runs everything on semi-ultra at 1080p 60 fps.

We're clearly not there yet with 4k technology and I wouldn't really buy a graphic card for that now, but I was thinking about building a decent PC for my gf, the idea was to put my 780 in her PC and get me a 1060 to be safe for a couple of years and then make the jump to 4k when you can buy a good graphic card for <500 eur.

She actually isn't in a hurry to get a new PC so what do you think? Should I get a 1060 now for 250 euros and a new graphic card in 2 years for 500 euros or wait a year and buy the next 1180 or 1080ti or whatever for 700 hoping it will run 4k decently?
>>
If she isn't in a hurry to get a new PC then why did you make this thread?
>>
>>56062057

Because I could still make her one now, and in a couple of years I'm afraid the 780 will be too obsolete.
>>
>>56062099
The 780 is basically dead because nvidia abandoned Kepler, if it runs today's games at 1080p 60fps then that's the best it's gonna get.

Do you both play graphically intensive games like Skyrim, Doom, etc?
>>
>>56062139

She doesn't really care for graphic too much, but she may jump from the likes of the new Tomb Raider to Rimworld without much thought, I'd just like to get her something that would be able to do that without her having to spend hours fiddling with the settings.

For me yeah I play demanding games all the time, but from what I had the chance to read the 1060 should be able to cover that at 60 fps 1080p.

I have a huge 4k tv with low input lag wired to my PC that so far I've only used at 1080p because well 4k is really demanging, but even if I were to buy a gtx1080 now I still wouldn't be satisfied I'm afraid, and it probably would be the same next year.

What I was thinking of doing was:
buy the 1060 now while it's still fresh, put the 780 in her PC and move on, in 2-3 years buy the new shiny XX70 which will hopefully be able to run 4k games on ultra for 500 euros and put the 1060 in her PC.

BUT

if you think there's a chance that a card that may run 4k games decently and not cost me a kidney in a year time then I might wait and put my plans on hold, 'cause as I said there's not really rush.
>>
>>56061993
Sell your GTX780 on ebay, buy two RX470's to hold you over on 1080p. Spend way less than buying a 1060 and get better performance for both of you.
>>
>>56061993

Nvidia cards usually sell for more used, so you can get like 250eu for a 780 if you're lucky - just get two 1060s for both machines, then sell those for 150 in a year if you feel you need more.
>>
>>56062891

Seriously?
Why would anyone buy it?
>>
>>56062891
This is wrong. AMD cards hold their value far better because they're useful for crypto mining now that ETH is a thing. 7990's are still like 400 USD.
>>
File: perfrel_1920_1080.png (41KB, 500x1130px) Image search: [Google]
perfrel_1920_1080.png
41KB, 500x1130px
>>56062911

Retards think Nvidia cards are worth more than they really are. Kepler has died a horrible death.
>>
>>56062969

Currently, yes.

But idiots will buy up old Nvidia cards because they think they're still good, like >>56062997
stated.
>>
OP here, wow I checked on ebay and they seem to go for 250-350 eur, that's crazy

I mean, doesn't the 1060 destroy the 780 on every aspect? Why would anyone buy it for the same price?
>>
>>56065369
People hoping to go SLI over rebuilding the whole rig, or people who are generally misinformed as mentioned previously.
>>
>>56065369

> Why would anyone buy it for the same price?

If you can sauce it cheap enough non titan kepler is pretty decent for FP64 workloads.
>>
>>56065415
I'll try to sell it for 250 and see how it goes.

I'm hesitant to go red btw, I've bought AMD in the past and while the value was great I had compability issues, plus I use shadowplay costantly nowdays.

What do you guys think?

Should I consider the RX470?
>>
>>56065510
If you use shadowplay, you should pick up a 1060. At the least though, make a buck on selling the 780 and replace your GF card with an RX470 while you still can.
>>
>>56065510
Also I checked the prices and here in Italy the 1060 goes for 275 eur at the moment while the RX470 goes for 240 so yeah I'll stick to NVidia for the moment
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.