[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7l QXmSLiP8 It seems s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: df_snap1.jpg (32KB, 636x355px) Image search: [Google]
df_snap1.jpg
32KB, 636x355px
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7lQXmSLiP8
It seems some researchers succeeded in stealing data using the sound emitted by the hard drives. It appears to be the same team that did a number of similar stuff.
>>
>>56060359
Neat. Foam dampening around Govt. HDDs soon.
>>
>>56060359
Considering that hard drives read and write data with several hundreds MBit/s this is very unlikely as in physically impossible.
>>
>>56060359
>have this old pc
>hard drive is shitting itself like a old granny born in 1890
>TACA TACA TACA like a fucker
>still using it because poorfag
>have to work hard to deliver some documents by tomorrow morning
>mfw I get arrested hours later because TACA TACA TACA means hardcore CP for the feds
>>
>>56060433

And yet there it is, in action.

And one more thing: Bumblebees can't fly, as proven by NASA research, and yet they do.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>56060451
How the fuck do you know that the data received is actually coming from the computer? Looks bullshit to me.
>>
>>56060451
>And one more thing: Bumblebees can't fly, as proven by NASA research, and yet they do.
That is a hoax. It never fucking happened. Google it, retard.

>>56060451
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
The irony is just killing me here.
>>
>>56060433
Yeah I tend to agree with this chap right here.

The attack posted utilized the speakers and had infection had to be installed via USB. You're not going to be just randomly reading bits off a drive and any kind of distance. Nice try Mel Gibson go back to your fireproof metal house which is filled with combustible books (for data security).
>>
>>56060451
>And one more thing: Bumblebees can't fly, as proven by NASA research, and yet they do.
I hate people who keep spouting bullshit like that. Like what do you want to say with this? That things that are impossible are sometimes still possible? Through magic? Go fuck yourself. The bumblebee story never happened btw, it's just another facebook story fat girls post when people criticize their lifestyles.

>And yet there it is, in action.
It could be just fucking faked. Or it could be a very specific scenario that is not found in reality.

Anyway: I call bullshit on this one, it makes no sense at all. Either it's a fake or it's completely irrelevant.
>>
>THE CURRENT YEAR
>hard drives
>>
>>56060433
You can see they're obviously not reading hundreds of megabytes per second, heck their reading speed is below 8-bytes per minute
>>
File: zPV7Okn.png (9KB, 545x521px) Image search: [Google]
zPV7Okn.png
9KB, 545x521px
>>56060451
The data being received could be generated from outside noise infection, even if it were possible...

>He thinks a smartphone microphone is powerful enough to pick up individual bits from a HDD read/write sequence
>>
>>56060433
I found a synopsis of what they did @ https://arxiv.org/pdf/1608.03431v1.pdf and they indeed the same team that did VisiSploit etc.
Installing a malware they turn data into sound that then supposedly gets picked up by a smartphone.
The only usefulness is in case a computer is not connected to the internet and there is no other way to extract the data. Actually it is pretty important for military and agencies. For every other user a normal spyware is more suitable.

>>56060514
> fake
> or completely irrelevant
or both
>>
>>56060623
also
> Microsoft Word
>>
>>56060623
So it's less of a spying method than it is a new method of transferring data.. for spies

Probably has an obscure use-case in some obscure hacking operations
>>
File: workflow.png (34KB, 278x386px) Image search: [Google]
workflow.png
34KB, 278x386px
>>56060683
Yeah, but
> transferring data
that's not really how I would call it.
>>
>>56060451
Who the fuck cares its entirely impractical it probably takes them a few days to get a kilobyte.
>>
File: 1467455435455.png (156KB, 342x276px) Image search: [Google]
1467455435455.png
156KB, 342x276px
someone yells NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
4 months of like 5MB data retrieval GONE NIGGER
>>
>>56060359
>fans disabled on the computer
>silent room
>extremely slow
this is impractical so I'm not worried about it
>>
>>56061153
oh yeah and also
>doesn't work on SSDs
>>
>>56060730
The word you are looking for is exfiltration.

>>56060623
Neat paper. Thanks.

>>56060940
How many bytes are your private keys again?
>>
>>56060359
lmao
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.