[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sick of having so many devices which I barely use and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sshot20100223175636.jpg (56KB, 640x335px) Image search: [Google]
sshot20100223175636.jpg
56KB, 640x335px
I'm sick of having so many devices which I barely use and keep them in sync etc.

I just want to get down to one Laptop, one phone.

I already sold my tablet and my second notebook, never used those piece of shits anyway.

Now I want to get rid of my desktop but I'm reluctant. Sometimes I do "heavier" work, nothing really graphics intense, but bigger visual studio projects and several VMs and my current laptop (sandy bridge i5 dual core) regularly shits the bed. It's not terribly slow, but noticeably laggier than my desktop (sandy bridge i5 2500k + 7970 from old gaming times, never really use that). Both have SSDs.

Can a newer quad core laptop (say 6700HQ) with something like a 940m or 960m keep up with that?
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>56059972
Just use your desktop and set up rdp and then get a lighter laptop
>>
>>56060011
no u

>>56060121
too much work. What do I do when I don't have internet, etc.
I want one device, done.
>>
>>56059972
>Migrate desktop to server duties
>Connect every other device to it
>???
>Profit
>>
>>56059972
>>56060180

You want an rMBP you just don't know how to say it.

Let the ghost of Steve Jobs' ethereal dong enter your body and soul and buy one.
>>
>>56060180
Buying a gaymen laptop is one of the worst mistakes you can ever make. Laptops are about portability, not power. You'll hate carrying that shit around and you'll hate the 30 min battery and you'll hate when it gets outdated faster than q desktop would've.
>>
>>56059972
I feel the same way. Especially about keeping them in sync.

Currently I have a laptop, and older desktop, two external monitors, and two phones. I have already sold my oldest desktop and two iPods. Next step is to get rid of the oldest monitor, unused phone, and desktop.

Don't get those 17-inch gaming laptops. They are way too big, and you will regret it. Go for a 15-inch screen at most. You can find them with quad core i7s and high end graphics.

Here is something you can ask yourself: how often do you take your laptop somewhere? Mind sits on a desk nearly all year. If that sounds familiar, then keep the desktop only and sell the laptop.
>>
Me too

I'm thinking of getting a dumbphone since I can use all smartphone functions on my laptop anyway. I'm going to replace my laptop with a desktop since it never leaves my home
>>
>>56061542
You're going to regret getting rid of the desktop
>>
Thinkpad P50 + phone of your choice + maybe an external monitor = problem solved.

no need for gaymen PCs unless you're actually... well, gaming

the M1000M and the 6700HQ can handle VMs just fine
no ultra low voltage hyper threaded crap
>>
I've gotten rid of a lot of my tech recently. Sold my gaming PC which I never used to it's full extent to my brother, also got rid of many of the computers I had taking up space. Now a late 2011 MacBook pro is my primary computer. Feels liberating to have less things taking up space and gathering dust.
In a few weeks I might also look into clearing my room out of some unnecessary furniture and various other things. Possibly find someone who'd be interested in buying my anime figure collection which also gathers dust and doesn't really bring me any joy anymore.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.