[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want some used computers for a project >ebay, craigslist,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1.png (493KB, 628x521px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
493KB, 628x521px
>want some used computers for a project
>ebay, craigslist,
>DELL POWEREDGE TOWER SERVER USED FROM 1998 NO RAM NO HARD DRIVE $250 LOWBALL=REPORT!!!
>>
>>56054649
Why don't you just assemble a new AM1 build faggot? You can do one for like $120.
>>
>>56054681
If I felt like spending 100 dollars I'd buy a chinkshit SBC and have some real fun you gamer. I shouldn't have to pay that much when all I require is an x86 processor, at least 1gb of ram and a working ethernet port.
>>
>>56054743
>>shouldn't have to pay that much
Bitch, you don't get to decide.
>>
>>56054743
>I want to decide how much to pay, not the seller
Free market does not work that way. Seller sets the price, you accept or reject. If everyone rejects, seller lowers price until someone accepts.
>>
>>56056178
I'm not sure when the last time I saw someone accept one of these offers though. I went through the entirety of undergrad as someone on a weekly basis posted the exact same piece of shit inspiron laptop without so much as lowering the price. Everything seems to think that their garbage is worth a small fortune, and if they can't get that price then they just won't sell it at all.

Supply and demand just doesn't seem to apply to second-hand sales. I can't explain that.
>>
>>56056405
Put yourself in the place of a dumbass seller.
I will ask [high price] for my shitty laptop, if I cant sell it I will just keep using it.
>>
>>56056435
Well of course you should try to get as much as possible from the sale, sure, but you'd think on week 200 it would occur to you that if it wasn't worth as much as you were asking back then it must surely be worth even less now.
>>
File: 1470982858140.jpg (40KB, 501x483px) Image search: [Google]
1470982858140.jpg
40KB, 501x483px
I agree with OP. No the buyer doesn't get to set the price. But on Craigslist most people are absolutely retarded and it skews the prices for everyone.

A few years ago I was in a bad situation and poor and needed any kind of desktop just to get me by. Assholes were literally asking 150 bucks for a fucking Gateway with 512mb of RAM and a 64gb HDD. They wouldn't back off their price at all and it was actually sad to see them cling to their piece of shit PC like it was Deep Blue.

I ended up finding a guy that sold me a real decent self-built PC with a 22" wide-screen monitor and an all in one printer for 100. Still got that motherfucker.
>>
>>56056178
That's not how the used market works. The prices are kept the same until someone is stupid enough to accept.
The free market assumes that people aren't stupid, and the opposite is clearly the case.
>>
>>56054649
Ainol mini PC II
Cost less than $100 you get 10 times you asked for
>>
>>56056482
In my area, the prices are too low and I can't sell shit even when they're priced competitively. No replies, calls, texts for my sales.
>>
>>56054649
I saw a 2001 dell dimension at 250 euros in craiglist.
Why do people expect so much money for scrap metal ?
>>
>>56056482
Got a 16:10 screen from an old lady for 10 bucks. It smelled like cigarettes for 2 years, but it works. Only one dead pixel.
>>
>>56054649
I can see bitching about craigslist, but eBay has tons of listings, if something isn't cheap enough, just wait and it'll appear eventually.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.