[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/, /sci/ here. Friend lost cell phone Monday, in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: delrhothetaphi.gif (5KB, 282x244px) Image search: [Google]
delrhothetaphi.gif
5KB, 282x244px
Hello /g/, /sci/ here.

Friend lost cell phone Monday, in a different state. It still rings today when you call it, which he says (from anecdotal evidence) means it's still on. It has irreplaceable pictures of his recently deceased dog on it, so he wants it.

Can Verizon (the carrier) track it if it's still on? Since it's presumably still in contact with a tower... right?
Is there any other way to track it down if he doesn't have the FindMyIphone app (or whatever its called) registered?
>>
It's highly unlikely the carrier will do anything, friend is prob shit outa luck m8
>>
Can verizon track the phone? Yes.
Will verizon help you get it back? No.
>>
>>56051942
Which operating system has his phone?

Verizon won't help him to find it.
>>
Both Android a Apple have built in tracking at this point. If you didn't disable it you could probably get it on GPS yourself
>>
>>56051942
you have to dig up the dog
>>
You could try sending suspicious messages to it.(terrorist attack plans) and have the NSA do the recovery.
>>
iemi tracking google it
>>
>>56051942
well ringing does mean its on. If it still rings in a few days or about a week then that means somebody has it and is keeping it charged. That being true, they obviously have no intention of returning it to the owner, so.... Your friend is kind of fucked. There isnt much you can do for a stolen adroid phone. Worst part is, its not hard to wipe and resell.
>>
>>56051942
If it's linked to his google account and the GPS is on, he can just type "where is my phone" into google.
>>
>>56055310

you mean install an app?

gimmee link gloriouss shitposter
(and not the install app link)
>>
>>56055343
no it means someone keeps it charged and the sim inside.
guess not stolen yet.
if stolen and both statements above true, go to police. in 2 days you have phone.
>>
Here's one of the things which might help https://www.google.com/locationhistory

Otherwise just Google android/iphone/phone maker gps finder or something. Most manufacturers turn that on by default these days.
>>
>>56051942
Assuming that its in a good coverage area tgen they could probably locate it to with about 200m though theyd also have to have pretty good survey data of that area too, which they wouldnt have. Searching an area with a 200m radius, in a city, is impracticle. Short answer: no they cant pin point the location of you phone.
>>
>>56052293
why are carriers not nice people anon?
>>
>>56051942
>tfw have tasker set up to text back vital info to any number it receives a code i made up
>will switch on everything, gps/wifi/data etc
>fetches location and i give it 1 min to get maximum accuracy
>has timeout so it will send rough location even if not enough satellites
>sends back battery%, wifi ssid, location and some other crap
>takes front and rear pic in sekrit mode just in case some fuccboi stole it
And so many on /g/ whine about rooting your phone.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.