[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I wanted to ask you: technically I'm anonymous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1453225106935.png (965KB, 1379x864px) Image search: [Google]
1453225106935.png
965KB, 1379x864px
Hey guys, I wanted to ask you: technically I'm anonymous as long as I use a secure VPN and destroy all the cookies right? What if I wanted to avoid the cookies' bother though and just used a different hard disk altogether with VPN, is it still safe? Also feel free to point out something if I'm wrong.
>>
To be clear, what I meant was that if by using another HDD with VPN I would be completely untrackable when using the same sites I use normally with main HDD. Or do the specifics of the PC give it away? Is it safer to use a different PC altogether?
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>56046978
things like this make me wonder if I should stay single

everyone is so evil, how can you ever find a woman you can trust
and if you can even do that, how can you know that guys aren't preying on her like in OP pic
>>
Install TAILS
>>
>technically I'm anonymous as long as I use a secure VPN and destroy all the cookies right?
No VPN is truly secure.
Still if you would have a totally secure vpn, there are a lot of attack vectors left.
The only way for you to be pretty much anon is by 'throwaway' everything and tor.
>>
>>56047293
Alright, I was asking specifically for stealth accounts on various sites, to make sure I wouldn't get suspended from said sites if I used a different HDD, since the cookies are stored on the other one. Then I thought maybe they might be able to link the accounts by virtue of having an analogue configuration but that's just too over the top paranoia, right?
>>
>>56047343
If you aren't doing anything too risky, then clearing cookies (all, even flash cookies and such), spoofing your useragent, and using a different ip are mostly enough to make any site believe you are somebody else.
If you are doing something risky, you better stop, as you seem to not know too much about what you are doing.
>>
If you use only one HDD and you switch it out for another one there's nothing that remains of your old PC. Ofcourse the CPU and mobo and whatnot are unique but the specs of these are usually not transmitted through your browser. Use an open source browser like firefox though, or iseweasel if that's your thing.
Things like flash and java are known security breaches though so it's not recommended you have these enabled while browsing, best thing to uninstall them comletely
>>
>>56047440
What if I have 2 HDDs and when I reboot I select the other one, is that okay or are there more chances to be found out? Also nothing illegal, just using another account when I'm supposed to have only one.
>>
>>56047565
it's always better to physically disconnect the drive.
Yeah I know you're not doing anything illegal, you already said that.

But imagine one drive gets infected by a virus or hacker you can just switch to the other one without the risk of that one being infected too.
>>
>>56047343
Yeah senpai, if you're just gonna dick around on random sites that'll work. Just don't download any CP and you'll be fine.
>>
>>56047652
Okay, thanks. BTW nothing illegal.
>>56047710
Thanks.
>>
Look, be careful with your VPN provider. Even if they say they don't log, they might be renting their servers from a company that /does/ log. Very few VPN companies actually run their own hardware. They just rent it, and the people they rent it from usually have zero incentive to stop logging.
>>
>>56047293
>'tor keeps you anonymous'
>2016
>>
>>56048253
Nice misinfo.
Also this is not what I have said.
>>
>>56048253
Tor is great unless exit nodes are compromised
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.