[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best way to get audio from a device connected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Adapter_dvi_hdmi_S7302224_wp.jpg (214KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Adapter_dvi_hdmi_S7302224_wp.jpg
214KB, 1600x1280px
what's the best way to get audio from a device connected to a monitor through hdmi? My monitor doesn't have speakers and the stereo output port on it is noisy.
>>
>>56035248
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>56035274
no
>>
>>56035248
If you absolutely have to use the HDMI and can't just use the onboard audio or w/e, you can get one of these but they are REALLY expensive. https://www.amazon.ca/AGPtek%C2%AE-SPDIF-Audio-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00TOBFSTE
>>
>>56035248
Just set your audio to come out your mobo's 1/8" jack?
>>
>>56035518
it's not a computer. It's a shield tv
>>
>>56035617
If it's still under warranty, get a replacement.
>>
>>56035729
how do I know it's not intended behavior though? It's like a fuzzy sound in the background. It's a 130 dollar monitor, is that a problem?
>>
>>56036178
Have you checked your TV songs to make sure there isn't some noise adjustment gimmick or something turned on?
>>
>>56037063
actually the shield tv has a headphone port on the controller (yes I forgot) and it doesn't seem to happen there.

What's annoying is that it will automatically turn off the audio when nothing is playing in the background so the static in the background constantly goes off and on
>>
Use the optical out and a dac or amp that supports optical. If your motherboard doesnt have optical out for some ungodly reason youll have to get a soundcard. The soundcard could /potentially/ solve the noise floor issues and allow you to just use the analog out on that, but theres no guarantee.
>>
>>56037178
Here

Shouldve read the thread before replying, derp.

Unless that thing supports audio through the usb port youre completely hosed. And even then it would likely still have the same issue.

The issue most likely stems from emi internally. Its a rare occurance on motherboards, but i could imagine it being significantly more likely on something custom like the shield.

Return it if you can.

The hdmi audio splitter posted earlier would still have the same noise issues assuming it is emi.
>>
>>56037297
How would it also happen with that audio splitter? It doesn't happen through the headphone port on the controller and also doesn't happen with my laptop on a different tv so wouldn't the monitor be the issue? If so wouldn't taking the audio out before it gets to the monitor solve the issue?
>>
>>56037101
Return it with the warranty, get another.
>>
>>56037428
honestly I think Id rather get that audio extractor and bypass the problem entirely
>>
>>56037499
That works too. Glad you found something to help OP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.