[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Difference between 4k and ultra-hd thought you might like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: side-by-side-UHD.jpg (79KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
side-by-side-UHD.jpg
79KB, 640x359px
Difference between 4k and ultra-hd

thought you might like this article

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/whats-difference-4k-ultra-hd/
>>
bump for discussion
>>
>Sure, if you’re sitting less than six feet away from a 55-inch TV and you have perfect vision, you might notice a difference. At greater distances, smaller screen sizes, or worse eyesight, you probably won’t.

4k meme status confirmed
>>
File: FrOLIZq.png (6KB, 624x191px) Image search: [Google]
FrOLIZq.png
6KB, 624x191px
>>56034210
>>56034275

quit shitting up the fucking board with your normie tier nonsense about viewing distance for TELEVISIONS being relevant for a desktop monitor which is typically viewed around less than a metre away

see pic related, 24" is around 60cm for those interested, hold your arm out, if your palm touches the monitor that's around 60cm give or take

given that the average 1920x1080 monitor is around 22-24" and average 4k is around 27-34" you can scale down a 4k monitor comfortably and still be able to see even small text clearly, essentially giving you around (depending on how much you scale) 4 1920x1080 monitors worth of resolution, imagine getting a literal extra screen worth of height (give or take) and how fucking useful that would be for programming

tl;dr 4k, 5k, and higher resolutions are absolutely worth it for desktop monitors
>>
>>56034210
>hey guise lets discuss some obvious common sense logic about moar pixels = sharper image
Good thread for a 12 year old.
>>
>>56034623

just to add to this, pic related is a standard size terminal (80x24) on an ibm t220 (slightly lower resolution than the current 4k monitors), try and fucking tell me you won't tell the difference between that and 1080p

a friend has a mbp which is slightly higher than 2k resolution and he can upscale to 4k and still be able to read text comfortably, and that's a 15" screen not a 28-32" (most common) desktop screen for fucks sake
>>
File: IBM_T221.jpg (551KB, 1920x1566px) Image search: [Google]
IBM_T221.jpg
551KB, 1920x1566px
>>56034674

forgot pic derp, tl;dr fuckoff
>>
>>56034674

slight correction, he viewed 2560x1600 (16:10 2k) on a 13" screen fine, absolutely possible to do on a laptop screen which is far closer than desktop screens usually are
>>
>>56034210
fine but now show a comparison at a viewing distance of 40cm and on a 27" computer monitor because that's the more relevant setup where this shit actually matters - ie a workstation where you're staring at it 8 hours a day.

Also I use CAD software a lot and having higher res means much nicer looking drawings.
>>
>>56034210
4k/UHD TVs are borderline gimmicks, but they'll allow 40"+ monitors to become a reality, which is a fucking boon to productivity.

I just hope the retarded TV/movie industry keeps progressing to 8k so I can get a 200 dpi 45" monitor while I'm young enough that my eyes can actually see the difference.
>>
>>56034210
UHD is the display format.
4K is the media content format.

A UHD display is able to display 4K content.
>>
Yeah all that 4k content that you have access to that isn't even more bitrate starved than your 2k content.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.