[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big shout out to apple, thanks to your cables breaking and fraying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: yAywo_1.jpg (57KB, 1000x485px) Image search: [Google]
yAywo_1.jpg
57KB, 1000x485px
Big shout out to apple, thanks to your cables breaking and fraying so much I've been selling iPhone chargers and tough iPhone cables at a premium price, like hotcakes.

Thanks Steve!
>>
>>56033831
>engineered for sales
>>
>>56034236
Ikr
>>
>I can't take care of my own stuff
>Wait, I can just blame Apple!
>>
>2008 doing student work abroad programme in California
>Dell Inspiron 6400 finally gives out
>People I'm living with present me with a brand new returned Macbook pro that only had a minor problem with the screen backlight (dunno how they got it) for 800 bux
>Whatever, people say these things are pretty good and it would've been 2600 new
>Bring it back to my home country, the apple agent there replaces the screen "under warranty"
>Magsafe charger frays exactly where OP said it did
>Won't replace lol
>Buy a new one
>Same shit happens
>And again
>Same shit happens
>Over the next few years most of the internal components died. 2 screens, left I/O board, 2 harddrives, I wasn't rough on it, but the metal body seemed to transmit the slightest bump straight to the internal components
>Finally dies due to a known failure in the Nvidia gfx adapter which was subject to a recall
>Since it wouldn't "chime" they refused to verify the fault and replace the mobo
>Last year buy a "for parts" one for 70 euro
>What the hell, get it running for a while longer anyway
>Runs for a year before dying with GFX failure
>Bake the motherboard in the oven
>Runs for another year

Yeah, I must've opened that piece of shit so many times over the years. Least reliable computer I ever owned.
>>
>>56033831
Those delicious locking connectors. I have my original cable from the first retina iPad and the plastic shell has cracked off recently, but it still works because it's encased in metal, nothing a bit of ducktape didn't fix.
Where did things go so wrong?
>>
File: 1465594029949.png (664KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
1465594029949.png
664KB, 1001x823px
>>56034698
>mfw got a HP laptop with AMD CPU GPU
>mfw it was free because the fucker had spilt wine in it
>cleaned it up, was so corroded inside that the touch screen connector pulled right off the mainboard
>closed it up, everything works perfectly except for touch screen
>install Fedora 23
>mfw found a stylus embedded in the side
>mfw the stylus somehow works even though touch screen won't recognize my fingers

Haven't had to open it up since, for 2 years till now it's been an overheating, but very reliable, multimedia machine for use around the home.

Still expecting it to fail any day now, but I just can't see that happening with how it's trucking on
>>
>>56034918

steve died
>>
>>56035110
It's an older model too. TurionX2, ddr2, HD3200m.
>>
Penis
>>
>>56033831
what kind of savages are you hanging out with? who the fuck has a device that uses these?
>>
>>56036297
You're mother
>>
>>56036336
i am mother? your mother... homophones, learn them.
>>
>>56033831
i've gone through five charging cables for my iphone's in the last four years. they always fray at the same exact location.

absolute garbage. for my new se i bought a third party lightning cable off of amazon and its been great. cheaper too than a apple branded one. tough cable and sleeved.

i use my stock one that came with it in my car and its already starting to fray from light usage.

and no, i have always tried to be gentle with them as much as i can but they still fray. they have been the only cables i have ever owned to fray.

i have usb cables from 2004 i still use today that still look brand new. apple cannot get into cables at all.
>>
>>56036367
Yes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.