[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Architect/Full stack developer' in Bay Area... How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1470902515151.jpg (25KB, 254x267px) Image search: [Google]
1470902515151.jpg
25KB, 254x267px
'Architect/Full stack developer' in Bay Area... How much should I ask for salary?

>Location:
Around San Jose, California

>Title:
Architect/Full stack developer at a medium subsidiary (less than 500 employees) of a very very large company.

>What it entices:
Architect + lead tech (full stack) + principal hacker. I'll be doing design and the majority of the implementation. I will be leading a small team as well. Will have someone junior to me as well. Probably will have to mentor him (kind of exciting). A lot of the people who work here are researchers, scientists, and low level developers (C++, parallel computing with CUDA, etc). I'll be expected to dig down on that as well. But, I will be the guy everyone comes to when it needs to work within a web application/service (and be scaled).

>Other details:
They have a big deadline coming up in a few months and they need to scale. Basically a web app that will be serviced out to various vendors and consumers. This will be my first project. All my feedback has been very positive during the interviews.

>Research so far:
Glassdoor. Indeed. Average seems to be 150K-160K.

>About me:
Graduated 2 years ago (with various internships and past experiences). Worked at a defense contractor doing software engineering. Left and joined a small consultant company where I started and finished many projects both by myself and in a team environment (five people total; two engineers). I can talk with customers, get requirements, etc. I try to learn as much as I can and keep an open mind about both old and new tech.

>Question:
How much should I ask for this position? I would go off Glassdoor and Indeed, but aren't architect roles typically separated from lead dev/tech roles (and this one is full stack)? Since it's kind of combined with a bunch of other responsibilities, maybe I could ask for more (and what about benefits/bonus/stock)? Or am I pressing my luck?

Thanks!
>>
you're not gonna get it
telling you now
>>
File: bruuu_0.jpg (7KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
bruuu_0.jpg
7KB, 245x250px
>>56033567
Don't think that was the question, try again
>>
>>
>>56033545
I'll hire you for tree fiddy
>>
>>56033545
I hope you don't mean "I'm going to name a number first." In salary negotiations, the first party to name a number is the loser. Make them name a number first.
>>
>>56033545
>architect
>2 years of experience

Either that company is fucked up or you're not going to get the job.
>>
>giving them a number first
Fuck them. They have a price in mind for the position. If they actually want to hire you they will accept that you won't give them a number first. Don't crack.
>>
>>56034531
I have three internships under my belt too. Been programming since high school. My portfolio and resume is pretty dense.

But, I do admit I'm a little scared / intimidated by the responsibilities. This is some next level shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.