[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can color laser printers print pictures that are just as good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: color-laser-printer-scanner.jpg (32KB, 400x351px) Image search: [Google]
color-laser-printer-scanner.jpg
32KB, 400x351px
Can color laser printers print pictures that are just as good as an inkjet printer?
>>
Nigger, when they came out they had to implement discreet watermarking of prints so people didn't print fake dollaridoos.
>>
>>56030440
yes
>>
>>56031559
hmm, it there a way to change the firmware to disable this?

im shooting an 8k independent film about mafia
>>
>>56031728
If I told you I'd have to mossad you, goy.
>>
>>56030440
Charts yes, but not photographs.

But if you really need quality prints use a printing service, home printers are nowhere close to professional printers.
>>
>>56030440
Laser is and always has been better than inkjet. You can't make pcbs using inkjet.
>>
>>56032923
You can, if you use photoresistive method instead of toner transfer method.
>>
>>56030440
but ink jet is crap, i dont understad the question

>>56031797
>home printers

i have samsung sx400 or sx4000 IIRC, just greyscale but its as good as printing from matrix, as long as youre printing some ultra-res or vector ofc.

i order 10k pamphlets at discount and leave a blank space to print contact info myself later, the printer takes some 50-100 sheets and goes thru them in a minute or so
>>
>>56035006
There are specialized inkjet photo printers that offer far superior quality to laser printers
>>
>>56036385
reverse tells me its HP D110 photosmart
>Max Printing Resolution
>Up to 600 dpi (mono) / up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (color)

i looked up some laser color and they usually are 2400x600
(Samsung Printer Xpress C1810W is however 9600x600 whats up with this 600? is it the direction in which the cartrigde moves in the metal track, that inherent imprecisions cant take the setup beyond 600?)

>The print quality of color lasers is limited by their resolution (typically 600–1200 dpi) and their use of just four color toners. They often have trouble printing large areas of the same or subtle gradations of color. Inkjet printers designed for printing photos can produce much higher quality color images.[14]

"much higer quality" so i guess its quality in photographical terms, fidelity of the captured image, and not really resolution, since from 600 to 1200 its just double and not "much higher", 600 is pretty fucking much already.

still, i have had 600dpi ink jets and i have a 600dpi mono laser now, and i have always noticed how line edges and etc from printed vectors on the laser are as sharp as professional printing services, and my inkjets never got near, always that blurry shit when looked from as close as your eyes can focus; both from HP and Epson inks, brand new, first thing i tried out of the box was printing some drawings, always disapointed, till i said fuck colors i want laser.
>>
>>56032923
you mean for making silk screen for applying the acid?

so you can direct print powedered toner in the silk instead of that long process with ink printed in a transparent sheet on top the silk being exposed over night to lamp?

FUUCK, im checking silk for printers printer this, i cant believe ive had a B&W "silk screen print all along, can i use any home laser printer??
>>
>>56036385

perhaps better color
>>
>>56030440
No. Inkjets do color pictures better.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.