[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright i don't really know where to turn but I am the IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (118KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
118KB, 400x300px
alright i don't really know where to turn but I am the IT manager of a business with less than 50 employees and I want to set up a box that hosts 3 virtual machines that 3 people can VPN tunnel to.

I've already got a machine picked out but I need to know what vmware, citrix product I need in order to do this.
>>
3 VM to do what ?

Windows or Linux (or other) ?
>>
>>56030377
The only thing the employee will being doing with the VM is opening a web browser, navigating to a webpage and processing card/check payments.

It will be deployed on an intranet not accessible to the internet except what is required to access the webpage.

Windows.
>>
>>56030290
>alright i don't really know where to turn but I am the IT manager
You're not an IT manager is you're having to ask /g/ how to setup VPN. For fucks sakes I'm a NEET and have more complicated infrastructure at home. You're just some gaymer who got his uncle to hire him.
>>
>>56030807
VM, not VPN you autist
>>
>>56030290
Don't order anything, just try proxmox ve.
>>
any vnc option really
>>
>>56030290

Softether for the VPN, and RDP to get the work done.
>>
>>56030290

If you don't have a big budget, there are countless free solutions.

At work, I use several Proxmox VE instances, and we access the machines with RDP. It should works fine for you needs.

For the VPN part, you just have to install a linux VM with openvpn and it's done.

BTW, I'm not sure what you want to do with it ?
do you really need VM for web browsing ?
Why the remote workers can't use their browsers ?
>>
>>56031168
It's for PCI DSS compliance. The box that processes card information can not have access to the internet except what is required to access the 1 webpage where the card information is processed and can not be connected to any other computers on the same network that we do our other work on.
>>
>>56030412
I suggest turning on virtualization features in the BIOS. This makes it faster.

Next, you install VMware and install Windows in a VM. I don't know if copying the VM virtual hard drive is strictly legal, but I'm pretty sure you can do that.
>>
This whole thing stinks of some criminal idiot put in charge of credit card /payment scam operation.
Enjoy federal prison
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.