[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 35

File: a_38033868.jpg (13KB, 200x287px) Image search: [Google]
a_38033868.jpg
13KB, 200x287px
>>
How does one blankpost nowadays?
The old methods I knew don't work
>>
What's the best cheap server for a DIY seedbox?
>>
Do you need to be autistic to do programming?
>>
>>56026610
Finally!

1) Other than tripwire itself, is there something similar for windows, that monitors both filesystem changes (including separate filehandle "streams" in NTFS) and changes to the registry

2) Vaping is tech. Can weed be vaped? If so, what type/model of vape is used to do this?
>>
>>56026666

nice quads.

No. IMHO programming well requires a special mindset, and that mindset is also found in autistic people.

So you don't need to be autistic, just programmers sometimes tend to have it.
>>
File: 1470275472350.png (156KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470275472350.png
156KB, 320x240px
Is it okay just buying a $900 PC from best buy if all I plan to do with it is shitpost, listen to music, minor gayming (don't need insanefps max graphics) and work?

>inb4 no retard build your PC it's so easy
Serious question. If so, what brands should I look for or stay away from? Any tips would be nice
>>
How should I fix a phone I hard bricked?
>>
How do I take off or replace a battery from an Assus r556l?

Also if it crashes how am I supposed to reset it if windows is not responding?
>>
>>56026797
Find it's section on XDA and find a solution specific to your phone
>>
How do i install spotify for free, because its not available in my country.
>>
>>56026695
It uses different equipment, but there is a way to superheat it so you get a similar cloud that's intense and easier on your lungs.
>>
>>56026789
What's the brand? If it's Alienware, stay the fuck away. It'll have something majorly fuck up within a year.
>>
>>56026871
Ohhhh Alienware, the macs of PC.
>>
>>56026789
Buying at best buy you're pretty much always going to pay too much, which translates to not getting as much tech
>>
I accidentally used the Ccleaner registry cleaner and I don't think I backed anything up. How fucked am I?
>>
Anyone knows a good site where I can learn algorithm from basic to advanced level?
>>
>>56026826
I feel I made a major mistake by buying Asus. I should have bought a lenovo.
>>
>>56026830
I can't find a fix for the LG G4. I've had the phone for a month. Could I get it repaired if I bring it to a T-mobile store?
>>
>>56026904
Unless something is going wrong you should be fine
>>
>>56026871
Don't know rn. Most likely your run of the mill HP, Dell. Maybe Lenovo or Asus. As I said, I don't really need something extreme. Just basic functions and maybe a game here and there.
>>
I have a dualboot set up on my T420 with Windows 7 and Kali (I am experimenting with pen testing). Is there anyway I can block access to the windows partition while I am on Kali, and also block access to the Kali partition while I am on Windows?
>>
>>56026930

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/help

Well you've voided the hell out of your warentee, but sometimes they have tools there that can help restore you to factory default
>>
I have a flash drive full of movies that my PS3 can't read when I put it in there, but it can read movies in the same file formats and encodings through network share. Problem is, it only reads files that are actually on my PC, even though I ticked all sharing/streaming boxes for the flash drive. PS3 media server doesn't work on my PC for whatever reason(PS3 doesn't see it but can see it on my girl's comp), and I don't have enough drive space left to put all the movies onto my PC. Halp?
>>
>>56026984
Encrypt them both individually.
>>
My gigabyte windforce 770 floats around 75-80 degrees C when I play wow. Is that normal?
My case ventilation seems fine. The gpu is actually the only part blowing hot air straight into the case since my cpu cooler radiator blows air out of the case
>>
>>56026955
Anything but lenovo and their spyware
>>
>>56026789
2014 HP Omen here, this thing is incredible and cost me $950 on Amazon a while back. Does exactly what you've described for me on a daily basis and then some, except the gaming is pretty based. I'm talking 1080p/Max/30, 720p/Max/60 or 1080p/Med/60 on Dark Souls 3. Prices are probably lower with the new Omens out, even though they're shit compared to this one. Literally hollowed out Pavilions with gaymen stuff stuck inside, and not much stronger stuff than the 2015 Omen at that.
>>
>>56026797
Try JTAG
Try an all in one toolkit or ADB via USB, if you can get your PC to read it at all
Boot to Linux for full access to the file system, if the phone has any life left in it
If all else fails, enjoy your brick.
>>
>>56026695
its a different machine as far as i know.
you have a tobacco vape that uses 'juice'
and then you have a 'dry herb' vape that uses..dry..herbs..
>>
>>56027025
Put flash drive in computer
>>
>>56026695
A coworker of mine used to mix hash oil into his regular vape tubes, said it worked fine. I never tried it, allergic to THC.
>>
>>56027114
Sorry, should clarify, I did exactly that. PS3 isn't seeing the flash drive or any videos from it when it's plugged into the computer, but is seeing the stuff that's on the computer. If I move just one video from the flash drive to the computer, it plays fine, but I don't have room for the whole collection.
>>
>>56026610
what is multiple indirection even for?
>>
File: dafug.png (6KB, 1152x400px) Image search: [Google]
dafug.png
6KB, 1152x400px
What the fug happened to my VNC session?

I have a VirtualBox VM running a VNC server and this is what my client started displaying. It still sort-of responded to mouse movements so the VM hadn't crashed.

It fixed itself after a while.

It is a Linux VM running stock graphics drivers (no guest additions).
>>
>>56027127
Well you've got to figure out what program is responsible for setting your libraries and change them to include the flash drive
>>
So I'm trying to install windows 7 64bit on my GPT hdd. I have a (shitty) uefi bios.
So I'm booting my install CD but when I try to install windows on my partition the installer says that I can't install it on my gpt hard drive and I have no idea why. Any explanations/workarounds? I wish to keep the content of the rest of my partitions by the way.
>>
In volafile.io profiles, some of them have a vgpk#

what is it? is it related to ToX?
>>
>>56027267
Skylake?
>>
Before I send a HDD back for a refund should I dban it, since I used it for torrenting or will deleting the files be enough?
>>
>>56027278
no, sandy bridge.
>>
>>56027297
What's the exact message it gives you?
>>
>>56026906
Intro to algos
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-006-introduction-to-algorithms-spring-2008/

Intro to programming
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-00sc-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-spring-2011/index.htm
>>
>>56027156
dynamic data structures
>>
>>56027287
I'd probably just shred the files just to be sure
>>
>>56027318
>Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the gpt partition style
I suspect this is because for some reason, my cd-rom doesn't boot in uefi mode.
>>
>>56026882
They are amazing right.
>>
I'm having a problem with low graphic games recently.

Games like Hearthstone or an indie pixel game only get around 20 fps unless I start a more graphic intensive game beforehand.

So I'm having 20 fps in Hearthstone and start Overwatch just for 10 seconds or so and then I suddenly have my normal 144 fps in HS and other games as well. This "fix" stays for the rest of my computer's uptime.
>>
File: 345623453.jpg (653KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
345623453.jpg
653KB, 3888x2592px
Anybody knows anything about the "Hijack.Host" file in System32/drivers/etc? MalwareBytes' picking it up as a threat but I'm not sure if it's just a false positive.

I've modified the hosts file months ago to block out M$ IP's during the whole Windows 10 forceful upgrade fiasco, if it has anything to do with that.
>>
>>56027379
They are ass, and they die young.
>>
>>56027344
Well I'd just macrium the contents of those drives to a backup then erase everything and start over. If it's still giving you problems then try disabling secure boot/uefi and just go MBR with everything
>>
>>56027424
Which PC do you recommend for gaming then? I was supposed to buy one this weekend.
>>
>>56027385
If you have an Nvidia card and Nvidia control panel, just set the indie games to use the Nvidia card manually. They're probably auto-choosing your igpu due to low resource intensity, so if your igpu is ass, no dice. If you do have an Nvidia card and don't have Geforce Experience and Geforce Control Panel, download them.
>>
>>56027063
Looks cool. I'll consider it, but I think I'd rather use just a stationary desktop at home tho. Is there a desktop near-equivalent to the Omen around $800-900?

Do you think an HP or Dell desktop could run a game like DS3 on like mid settings, or at the very least CSGO? The games I would play prob won't be too demanding at all
>>
Are SATA-to-USB adapters reliable and generally usable? Ie. they don't destroy/corrupt the drive or its data?

I may have to replace my desktop computer with a laptop (a laptop *only*, no other computers) soon, but I don't want to lose access to its two internal 2 TB hard drives. I can't come up with any other reasonable way to access their data than an adapter. But I've never used such adapters before and their reliability concerns me.
>>
>>56027474
I might just do that but still this is such a pain in the ass.
My bios doesn't even have an explicit secure boot or uefi option, sigh. What a monumental piece of shit. Maybe I'll try booting with an usb iso instead of a CDROM...
>>
>>56027507
Dell, asus, maybe hp or acer.
>>
>>56027518
I assume you mean under "manage 3D settings"? I don't really see anything that's about using my igpu instead of my gpu.

And can't I tell my goddamn pc I never want to use my igpu for any game?
>>
Do I need any DirectX version to run MPV? or anything like that?
>>
How do I rip the fatests vapes?
>>
>>56027333

Is their a recommended shredder?
>>
>>56027550
They are the exact same as a USB HDD. So yeah, they are fine.
>>
>>56027980
Dunno, shred which comes with coreutils should do its job.
>>
>>56027660
Disable the igpu from the Device Manager.
>>
Can I replace the WLAN NIC in my HP envy 15-j000eb with an Intel one?
>>
I just got my phone back from samsung.
I checked sammobile and the firmware currently installed on my phone is not there.
How do I backup the firmware installed on it?
>>
>>56027550
As long as the one you get supports the power rail you need you're fine. So if the drive needs a 12v rail, get a usb with 12v support
>>
File: 1450161958652.jpg (158KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1450161958652.jpg
158KB, 1024x904px
my GTX 970 goes to 77-80 celsius under load, Is that too hot?
>>
>>56028073

Mine sits at about 70-75c under load

I think the fan only comes on at 70 as part of their quiet "technology", hows the rest of the systems cooling?
>>
File: giphy.gif (506KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
506KB, 500x283px
>>56028123
cpu goes to 65 under load but its a stock cooler so its expected
>>
>>56028135

I meant the case's fans and stuff, post temps
I'm inclined to suggest your cooling is shit and it's all running a little hot, should be safe until about 90c generally in any case
>>
>>56028073
anything below 85 is fine
>>
Having a problem uploading images on 4chan via mobile. When I use Overchan I get a "SSl/HTTPS ERROR" when using Clover it just hangs forever and when I use Chrome or Firefox I get a time out error. Anyone know how to fixed? I've already tried wiping my phone and clean installing two different roms, and tired a different kernel but nothing seems to work.
>>
>>56028013
They are? That was new to me.

>>56028065
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I guess I'll either buy one of those adapters or get an external hard drive enclosure. Ten minutes ago I didn't even know those existed, but just found out. Good to know I have options.
>>
Whats the easiest and most convenient way to save streaming videos that you watch through a browser? All tools Ive seen for that usage seem old and deprecated.
>>
>>56028531
http://www.clipconverter.cc/

This website works for almost everything I throw against it. Sometimes you have to click the next button twice when you try an unsupported website. By some magic it usually works then.

As soon as you click the download button it usually gives a highly annoying pop up add, but it's by far the best website I have found for it.

Or you can always use youtube-dl.
>>
What's the best VPN?

I remember there was a comparison chart somewhere, I think it was a google sheets file.

Need something for Kodi and other block bypassing.
>>
If I only want to make either websites or mobile vidya and I've already gone through Think java, should i just dive in?

SICP is interesting but long winded.
>>
Have been learning some basics of C++ what is the best 3d rendering language to go with that? My vision is to be able to make spinning cube by coding it myself
>>
>>56028590
Thanks but Im looking for something a bit more generic. I want to be able to browse the videos I've watched using my browser. For example, I dont think the site you posted would work with sites with registrations.
>>
>>56028531
youtube-dl supports several sites.
otherwise press F12 and look in the network tab if there's a media file somewhere.
if the page is streaming with DASH or HLS then you need to download the chunks on your own and join them.
>>
What's a good free mail if you want to escape from Google's clutches? I already don't use chrome and mostly duckduckgo
>>
Would a portable disk enclosure's adapter power the device if it's embedded bus connection isn't used, but standard connectors are instead?

I'm looking into the dreamcast ata mod; wondering if I can have dedicated power without a full psu.
>>
I want to install Windows 10 Home on my new build.
1) is it safe to buy Windows 10 Home OEM key from Kinguin?
2) do I need to do anything else other than downloading the ISO from the Windows website and burn it onto a USB flash drive?
>>
>>56028692
Windows OEM Keys:

When you use an OEM key on your self build you violate the OEM System Builder license agreement. You must install the software using the OEM Preinstallation Kit and then resell the PC to a third party. If you install that software on your own PC, you don't have a "genuine" copy of Windows.

Reference:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/a/1/6a1647ee-3fc7-47f2-9afe-470ad5e5d856/oemsoftwarelicensingrulesandrestrictions.pdf

You can't just burn a Windows ISO. You need a tool like Rufus (for convenience).
>>
Would it be smart to upgrade to a newer phone? I currently own an iPhone 4S and lately, it's been slowing down and/or freezing when I do basic stuff such as text, read content online or view photos.

I don't really care if it's a top-of-the-line phone, would an iPhone 5C be a good choice?

>I refuse to use Android, tried it once and it wasn't a pleasant experience
>>
My 3 month old 3TB WD red has started making a humming noise that it wasn't making before. Crystaldisk says health status is "good".

Should I be concerned?
>>
>>56028782
Back up anything important. Just to be safe.
>>
>>56027408
Something edited the host file that wasnt you.
>>
>>56028073
No, buy some noctua fans for your case.
>>
>>56028719
Thanks for telling me that, but now I'm lost.
1) what am I supposed to do to install Windows 10 Home on a new build home?
2) isn't Windows Media Creation Tool enough to burn Windows ISO into a pen drive?
>>
>>56028844
just install it and enter the key.
the creation tool is fine.
>>
Are curved keyboards a meme?
>>
>>56028871
Ok but which key? I don't have one. All the Windows keys I come across are OEM keys, where am I supposed to find a legal non-OEM key?
>>
File: how to fry pc.jpg (41KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
how to fry pc.jpg
41KB, 600x360px
>>56026882
>>56026871
What about the X-51? It has good reviews across the board and all? Not too expensive either
>>
>>56028964
oem keys are fine if you live in europe.
I've only bought the OEM windows versions since 7.
You can get those at pretty much any retailer or online shops.
>>
>>56028952
your mother is a meme you meme
>>
>>56029017
Shit how did you know
>>
What course can I take in college to help me prepare for CCENT certification....
Please respond
>>
File: 1467494370899.jpg (581KB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1467494370899.jpg
581KB, 2100x1400px
If I am really only gonna invest time in one right now should it be C or C++
>>
>>56028600
TorGuard is at the top of Torrent Freaks list. I use it. It's cheap and works, and they are always patching it against things like Web-RTC
exploits, and so you can continue watching
the BBC after they discover all the current
VPN IP addresses.
>>
Just bought a usb rubber ducky, did I fuck up?
>>
>>56028984
Ok. Should I trust people selling Windows 10 product keys on eBay?
>>
>>56029123
no.
>>
Are there any legit torrents of windows 7 or 10 64bit?
How does a poorfag acquire free 64 bit technology?
>>
>>56029156
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
>>
>>56029078
I about to buy one of their wifi pineapples so
this interests me - just about their product quality
and usefulness.
>>
>>56029136
Ok. Could you provide then any reliable site where I can purchase Windows 10 product key?
>>
File: 1469585676121.png (325KB, 553x449px) Image search: [Google]
1469585676121.png
325KB, 553x449px
Why did Google go full retard and remove the ability of going back a page using backspace Chrome?

And then talk utter bollocks by saying only 0.04% of users used that feature?
>>
>>56029176
I always bought from the microsoft store, got the key mailed to me within a few minutes.
>>
>>56029199
Ok thank you.
>>
>>56029176
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-10-Home-Download/dp/B01019BM7O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470934632&sr=8-3&keywords=Windows+10+product+key
>>
Bought a chink tablet which struggles to charge while being used. Supplied charger is 5V 3A.

Can I try a different cable? I think my phones charger is rated at 2A though. Will I melt the cable or something?
>>
I'm interested in building a PC, and my brother is offering to upgrade his processor and give me his old one for nothing. I don't know the specifics yet, but I'm pretty sure it's an i7 quad core with around 2.5GHz per core. Would this be considered pretty outdated and/or useless? For reference, I'm considering getting a GTX 1060 and I'd ideally like to play games like Overwatch and Street Fighter 5.
>>
>>56029227
>>56029199
Would also this be fine?
https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/it_IT/pdp/Windows-10-Home/productID.320437800
>>
>>56028648
Aiming for the stars I see.
There isn't really "3D rendering languages", but there exists 3D rendering libraries which can have shading languages.
OpenGL is a good cross-platform library to start with if you want to get into graphics programming.
>>
I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my PC and installed all of my drivers and I'm having a very weird problem.

I've been trying to fix it all day, using google-fu but haven't figured it out so far.

Whenever I shut down my PC (which is wired to my router) or if it just goes to sleep from being idle for a while, all other devices in my house such as laptops, lose internet access.

I've tried re-installing drivers, unticking the "turn device off to save power" option in power management and a few other things.

I also confirmed it isn't my ISP.

Anyone know whats up?
>>
any way to turn off the downloaded files bar on chrome?
>>
>>56029299
sure, but you can get the pro system builder edition for 95euros.
check some online stores. you'll get a CD and a sticker with the key though, not just a key emailed to you.
>>
>>56029317
Click the x.
>>
>>56029169
that only works if you already have a 64 bit version of 7. i had a 32bit 7 so was upgraded to 32bit 10
>>
>>56029342
it lets you download any version.
you can't upgrade 32bit to 64, you have to do a new install.
>>
>>56029334
ok thanks. What about this version?
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B011R0YDDG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H

Reviewers say it's the retail version, non OEM.
>>
>>56029340
i don't want it showing up at all
>>
>>56029351
Oh really? thanks anon, when i called Pajeet he said i had to stay with 32 bit, then poo on it
>>
Hello, I'm the guy who had a black monitor display yesterday!

I bought a cheap $30 GPU and plugged it in. When I booted up the computer, I got an image on my monitor! YAY! So it turns out that it was my old GPU that was wrong.

So here's my stupid question: Does anyone know what happened to my old GPU? Did the display connectors on it die or stop working for some reason?
>>
I can't handle the high pitched whirr of my stock 4790k cooler. Are there any specific brands of aftermarket coolers that are quieter? I'm not going to dish out $200 CAD on a water cooled one since I don't overclock.
>>
>>56029464
RMA it
>>
>>56028984
>oem keys are fine if you live in europe.
First people tell me that OEM keys are shit, because they're not considered as genuine versions of Windows and because I must resell my PC to a third party, then you tell me that OEM keys are ok if I'm european. Could you please elaborate?
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 404x407px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 404x407px
I'm writing a program to test cache thrashing, will this work? And yeah, I know I could do a multi dimensional array, I just prefer this way.

#include <stdio.h>

int a1[64][16], a2[64][16], a3[64][16], a4[64][16], a5[64][16], a6[64][16], a7[64][16], a8[64][16];
int b1[64][16], b2[64][16], b3[64][16], b4[64][16], b5[64][16], b6[64][16], b7[64][16], b8[64][16];
int c1[8192][16], c2[8192][16], c3[8192][16], c4[8192][16], c5[8192][16], c6[8192][16], c7[8192][16], c8[8192][16], c9[8192][16], c10[8192][16], c11[8192][16], c12[8192][16];

int main(void) {
for(;;) {
for(int i=0; i<64; i++) {
for(int j=0; j<16; j++) {
a1[i][j] = 5; a2[i][j] = 5; a3[i][j] = 5; a4[i][j] = 5;
a5[i][j] = 5; a6[i][j] = 5; a7[i][j] = 5; a8[i][j] = 5;
b1[i][j] = 5; b2[i][j] = 5; b3[i][j] = 5; b4[i][j] = 5;
b5[i][j] = 5; b6[i][j] = 5; b7[i][j] = 5; b8[i][j] = 5;
}
}

for(int i=0; i<8192; i++) {
c1[i][j] = 5; c2[i][j] = 5; c3[i][j] = 5; c4[i][j] = 5;
c5[i][j] = 5; c6[i][j] = 5; c7[i][j] = 5; c8[i][j] = 5;
c9[i][j] = 5; c10[i][j] = 5; c11[i][j] = 5; c12[i][j] = 5;
}
}
printf("Ok\n");
}
}
>>
>>56029711
Just noticed I miscalculated the array sizes for L2 level, I'll fix this
>>
File: 1406519265931.png (86KB, 259x377px) Image search: [Google]
1406519265931.png
86KB, 259x377px
So I did something stupid last night and decided to try i3wm for the first time, so I installed it on my old thinkpad last night alongside xubuntu. I logged out of xfce, swapped to i3, went through the config steps, and set up my mod key. The problem is, however, after setting the mod key to the widows key, I looked down and noticed this particular thinkpad didn't have a windows key. Of course without the mod key, I can't do a whole lot when it comes to commands. After hard resetting with the power button, it automatically logs me back in to i3, meaning I can't switch my de to xfce again. Is there another way I can uninstall i3 or edit the config file without use of the mod key?
>>
>>56029757
Ctrl+Alt+F1
you now have a tty
proceed as normal from there
>>
>>56029755
Done.

#include <stdio.h>

int a1[64][16], a2[64][16], a3[64][16], a4[64][16], a5[64][16], a6[64][16], a7[64][16], a8[64][16];
int b1[512][16], b2[512][16], b3[512][16], b4[512][16], b5[512][16], b6[512][16], b7[512][16], b8[512][16];
int c1[8192][16], c2[8192][16], c3[8192][16], c4[8192][16], c5[8192][16], c6[8192][16], c7[8192][16], c8[8192][16], c9[8192][16], c10[8192][16], c11[8192][16], c12[8192][16];

int main(void) {
for(;;) {
for(int i=0; i<64; i++) {
a1[i][j] = 5; a2[i][j] = 5; a3[i][j] = 5; a4[i][j] = 5;
a5[i][j] = 5; a6[i][j] = 5; a7[i][j] = 5; a8[i][j] = 5;
}
}

for(int i=0; i<512; i++) {
b1[i][j] = 5; b2[i][j] = 5; b3[i][j] = 5; b4[i][j] = 5;
b5[i][j] = 5; b6[i][j] = 5; b7[i][j] = 5; b8[i][j] = 5;
}
}

for(int i=0; i<8192; i++) {
c1[i][j] = 5; c2[i][j] = 5; c3[i][j] = 5; c4[i][j] = 5;
c5[i][j] = 5; c6[i][j] = 5; c7[i][j] = 5; c8[i][j] = 5;
c9[i][j] = 5; c10[i][j] = 5; c11[i][j] = 5; c12[i][j] = 5;
}
}
printf("Ok\n");
}
}
>>
Best laptop for college?
>>
>>56029473
easy, huge page table and same kernel page merging turn off without kernel modules in a bash one liner:

mem=reserve ; function memclean () { r\$ram_clean \-f`echo r` \/ --no-$(printf "p%s-root" $mem) ; } && sudo memclean now 2>1

(it resets after you dont see 10% RAM reduction after reboot)
>>
>>56029579
The keys work, but they are illegal. You might as well crack.
>>
>>56029925
not under european law. you cannot tie software to hardware, so you're free to sell your key with or without hardware.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
Is it pronounced 'double u, ayy, ess, dee', or is it 'wahzduh'?
>>
is there something like tox but with file sharing? Nothing huge, me and a friend like to erp with lewd anime pictures and are really paranoid about anyone finding out
>>
im trying to setup a user to use ssh login on a vps, how would i do this? i have windows so i can't use ssh-copy-id
i want to disable root and password logins and just use a different account with ssh.
>>
>>56029981
both
>>
>>56029981
personal preference
>>56029985
Syncthing
>>
How do I hide my porn games?
I already have a hidden folder tucked away in "documents" but anyone can unhide it in the control panel
>>
>>56029977
Pardon me, I'm a newbie, I still can't understand the whole situation. Since I'm european, would I have any problem at using a OEM key from Kinguin? What are the risks? I just need ir it for my new build.
>>
Is there any way to save the Foobar album art cache?

I'm using a plugin that allows me to display all the album art while I scroll through my library and it loads painfully slow and only when I actually scroll there
Everything gets deleted when I reboot, so I basically scroll through my entire library to load all the album art every time I boot up my computer

This is bad and I don't want to live this way
>>
>>56030145
Put them on an external hard drive that you can physically hide in a secure place like a box with a lock on it
>>
>>56030145
password protect it or keep them on a flash drive
>>
I (think I) installed Tails correctly, because I am using the second USB. But the Persistence Option Greeter is not showing up.

Please help.
>>
>>56030146
Pretty much none. But so is cracking.

>>56030145
Put it all in a truecrypt container. You can unmount the container and then it's gone from the system. So you can't search for it.
>>
File: IMG_20160810_185633.jpg (314KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160810_185633.jpg
314KB, 1440x2560px
To connect to the Internet, we use one of these AC/DC adapters. Connecting the LAN and POE cables. The adapter is broken. I'm wondering if it's possible to get one of these online, instead of buying another from our Internet service provider. Like, are these adapters individually tailored to work with only the specific modem provided by the ISP? What are these called - AC/DC Internet adapter?
>>
>>56030221
So, if I understand well, getting a OEM version is like getting a pirated version. It might be ok for now, but if Windows starts scanning for pirated versions they will get it down. Right? Why did you say that getting it in Europe is fine now though?
>>
>>56029857
I think you replied to the wrong post m8
>>
Are ASUS ROG any good?
>>
>>56030257
I did not say that. That was someone else.
>>
>>56030243
powerline
>>
>>56030257
Not him

OEM keys are what people that build computers to sell them use.
Dell sells you a computer with Windows on it? That's on OEM key.

Can you just activate an OEM key on any computer? Damn right you can
Does Microsoft know if you just reinstalled Windows after changing the motherboard on your Dell Computer or if that computer has never been anything Dell ever? nah they don't

Downloading/ torrenting the installer is legal so you wouldn't even need a disc
If you enter the OEM key on the Micosoft website to get the iso they tell you to call Dell and ask them, so basically you just go download it where ever (it aint piracy if you don't steal the key)
>>
>>56030370
Thank you for the explanation.
>>
File: 1459874025390.jpg (114KB, 800x734px) Image search: [Google]
1459874025390.jpg
114KB, 800x734px
I'm starting my first semester of a mathematics bachelor in 3 weeks, and I need a laptop.
I've been considering the Asus Zenbook UX305. But I'm worried about needing a more powerful laptop to be able to run the programs I need for studying mathematics.
Any tips? Is the zenbook gonna be fine for studying mathematics? I have a desktop computer at home too, just no laptop.
>>
Transmission-QT or qBittorrent for Windows 10?
>>
>>56030477
deluge
>>
File: 1467330591831.jpg (19KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1467330591831.jpg
19KB, 419x249px
Does anyone here have any exp with getting shit on ibuypower.com, and would you recommend it? Would the link be a good buy for a decent all-arounder PC?
I'm assuming it comes pre-built and all I need to do is hook it up with a monitor + install things

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z170-Core-i5-Configurator
>>
What's a fair price to ask for setting up a little old lady's PC and helping her create an email account?
>>
>>56030579
A meagre 10 Bitcoins.
>>
File: 7oem.png (20KB, 853x479px) Image search: [Google]
7oem.png
20KB, 853x479px
>>56030370
I just put in my OEM key and got to download the 7 iso.
In europe you can just buy OEM keys, it's not illegal. Most retailers only sell those because no one buys the actual ones.
They are around 30-50 euros cheaper than the normal keys.
The difference only used to be you got a 64bit or 32bit disc only, where as with a retail box you got both discs. The key is valid for both of course.
>>
File: EU1sEsB.png (499KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
EU1sEsB.png
499KB, 449x642px
>>56029310
I figured it out after messing around with my router settings all day.

I changed my DNS servers to google's and chose "use computer's mac" for router mac address.

Then I rebooted the router and changed it back to obtain DNS servers automatically from ISP and then rebooted my router again.

Don't know why it worked but my internet is stable now.
>>
File: No fun.jpg (22KB, 251x249px) Image search: [Google]
No fun.jpg
22KB, 251x249px
I have a VPN, and still got busted by my internet provider for downloading a movie. What gives?
>>
Best place to learn regex?
>>
>>56030923
man 7 regex
>>
Are sshds such as http://www.msy.com.au/qld/ipswitch/pc-components/13076-seagate-35-sshd-2tb-st2000dx001-nand-8gb-sata3-7200rpm-64mb-hybrid-hdd.html a meme or actually worth buying?
>>
File: 1180r-386.jpg (59KB, 450x318px) Image search: [Google]
1180r-386.jpg
59KB, 450x318px
Should I just put my PC to sleep instead of shutting it down?

How much energy does it eat while sleeping?

Will it get damaged if I always make it sleep and never actually turn it off?
>>
File: 802-3af-poe.jpg (110KB, 1107x466px) Image search: [Google]
802-3af-poe.jpg
110KB, 1107x466px
>>56030243
Yeah just be sure to buy a PoE adapter that have the same voltage and same or more ampere. These adapters are based on the ethernet standards A and B.
>>
>>56031084
the money you save will be insignificant unless you're really scraping buy, dont manually put it to sleep just let it do it itself.

Its comfy as fuck to just walk away from your pc and then walk up whenever you want and have it wake up. It wont get damaged doing this, continuous operation is fine for pcs, your fans will wear out faster, i guess, but they have crazy long lifespans anyway, you'll get a new pc before they die
>>
File: 1465456825650.jpg (388KB, 1200x1701px) Image search: [Google]
1465456825650.jpg
388KB, 1200x1701px
Why do I get stuck on a bootloop when I install xposed on android 5.0.1?
>>
File: 1464809870978.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
1464809870978.png
191KB, 419x398px
What's some good software for controlling fan speeds?
>>
can someone spoonfeed(or point me to the right place) me using certbot to install ssl/tsl cert on nginx server?
>>
>>56031217
you shouldn't run a server if you can't do that on your own.
>>
>>56031237
$5 a year vps' are hard to pass up
>>
>>56031268
where'd you get one?
>>
Can I install Windows to my SSD while running a Linux Live Boot from USB?

I have a USB drive with the Win7 image on it, and it works on my laptop. But for some reason my motherboard on my PC wont allow me to boot to USB. It doesnt even show the drive in boot settings.

Ive fiddled with my IDE AHCP settings, tried setting UEFI back to default. I originally install Win7 using the USB Boot with this computer but now it doesnt work.

Ive ran the UEFI update and have the most recent version.
>>
>>56031189
Speedfan
>>
>>56031296
some lowendbox deal from a while ago but just started to think i should do something with it
>>
>>56030461
Post specs, ask your university for the minimum requirements for the programs you will use.
>>
>>56031116
Alright, thanks anon

I checked on the internet and turned on hibernating for when I go to sleep and don't need my computer for a couple hours

I'm wondering why I always shut it down instead of just doing this from the beginning, this seems far superior
>>
If im planning getting a 2-1 tablet/laptop which brand should get?

One anon said Acer were good and Dell for overprices quality.
>>
>>56031357
force of habit and your parents probably taught you to turn shit off when you were younger and electronics had shit efficiency.

now-a-days it doesnt matter for most things
>>
>>56031217
certbot a shit, use acme.sh

certbot is for absolute morons who don't even know what a server is.
>>
>>56031357
W 8.1+ does that, that is how quickboot works, they never turn the device off.
>>
>>56031388
yeah i just saw some podcast where it was like 1min install but they were using apache. i'll check this out
>>
File: 1459599131075.jpg (47KB, 369x368px) Image search: [Google]
1459599131075.jpg
47KB, 369x368px
>>56031320
>>
File: gto laptop.jpg (35KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gto laptop.jpg
35KB, 800x450px
I need a cheap case/bag for my 17" gaymen laptop, any recommendation? Should I just diy it?
>>
I'm having an issue with my Kobo h2o where I'm unable to access the internal storage of the device. When I plug it in, it does appear in Computer but it wouldn't let me access it and it appears as "unallocated" in Disk Management.

This is despite the fact, that on the actual device itself I am able to access books and other files stored on the internal storage and read them. I haven't been able to load new books on it either and have had to resort to putting books on a microSD card and loading that into the memory card slot.

Even while connecting the device to my pc with the memory card in it, the internal and external storage appear as separate drives of which I cannot access the internal and can access the external.

This can't be a case of MBR or just general corruption of the internal memory right? Otherwise I shouldn't be able to access the books stored there I think.
>>
I'm looking for a good (and freely or cheaply available) ebook for learning shell scripting in zsh. Can anyone recommend one?
>>
Decided to dual boot Xubuntu and Windows 7. Harly use my Xubuntu partition now I want to uninstall.

However, apparently I'm not cucked to Grub, especially if I don't have a windows recovery disk.

How can remove grub, and fix my mbr without a windows recovery key?

I've heard of boot-repair, but from what I can see it only reinstalls/fixes grub.
>>
I have a G3 that I use regularly for Google Maps/navigation at work.

The GPS rarely updates to my current location in under 5-10 minutes. Allowing location services to use wifi to help doesn't help most of the time either. I installed a GPS status app which is supposed to force a update of the location which it seemingly does but the location still won't update in Google Maps for a few minutes.

Is it Google Maps that is a piece of shit? I've had the same problem with Waze. I'm gone as far to think that the GPS in the phone needs to be replaced.
>>
Just cleanmed my keyboard anmd the "n" key is outputinmg anm "M" as you canm see, is there anmythinmg I canm do? this is really anmnmoyinmg
>>
how should i properly include library header files when coding c++ in vim?
I'm new to linux and it tells me that "no such file was found blah blah"
>>
HP vs Lenovo vs Dell servers

There are cheap 3-4 year old low end servers from all 3 in the same price range.
Is one better than the rest?
>>
Is there a way for me to make certain programs play through different audio sources at once?

Like for example, play FOOBAR through my speakers but a steam game through my headphones at the same time?

Im on 8.1.
>>
>>56031455
I have no idea, but why do you need to uninstall grub anyway, it takes like, less than a megabyte of space.. it hardly matters.
>>
>>56031553
first you have to check if your motherboard supports it
>>
>>56031553
>>56031589
he doesn't have to check if his mobo supports it, well i guess he does, if it's old as fuck it wont work, its a software thing, if you've got extra audio ports than can be used as input or output indiscriminately...

As for the question, idk i just wanted to be snooty, but it's 100% software cause I use fuckloads of separate audio streams on linux all the time.

Just in-case you're doing it to seperate voice and something other than voice, set an output device to be default communication device, and another to be default audio device, this will send stuff like skype and teamspeak through the comms device and other shit through the normal device.
>>
>>56031482
Vim is just an editor and is not really concerned about C++ include paths, unless you're talking about he Syntastic plugin or something like that.

What are you using to compile your project?
>>
>>56031589
>>56031626
It's a very recent high-end pc. I just dont have the software to do it and theres no native feature to let me do it on windows.

I know there programs out there that do it but it's all free trail stuff rather than freeware like virtual sound cable.
>>
>>56031553
Some applications and some games even allow you to configure which audio output device to use, everything else just uses the default. In the specific case of foobar2000, it does allow you to configure its playback device. So you can set foobar to play through your speakers no matter what, set your headphones as default and play a game. You'll get music from your speakers and your game through the headphones.
>>
>>56031682
if you've got a realtek audio device install its drivers and poke around in there, i vaguely remember using it for something like this a few years ago.

The problem is lots of software on windows doesnt even ask what device you want to output audio on, and windows is always going to select a default device even if you had 30 sound cards in your machine.. so if the software doesnt have the option to choose output you're fucked.

Aside from that there is no way to do it without thirdparty software, windows does not support it at all.
>>
>>56031682
If it's a realtek audio, then open up realtek audio manager and go to advanced settings.
There you can enable playing separate streams on front and rear audio devices.
>>
FUCK SAKE I FUCKING INSTALLED TAILS AND IT WAS ALL WORKING PERFECTLY AND THEN I FUCKING ACTIVATED PERSISTENCE AND NOW IT FUCKING DOESN'T BOOT UP EVEN IF I DO IT FROM THE BOOT MENU IT JUST GOES FUCKING STRAIGHT TO WINDOWS WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>56026610
Alright, so I have a workstation and I just bought some Registered RAM. Problem is, it doesn't fucking work, and it definitely SHOULD. Now, Lelnovo says max specs for this thing is as follows:
Memory

Type DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM
ECC Supported
Maximum Capability : 1600MHz, UDIMM : PC3-10600 (1333MHz), RDIMM : PC3-8500 (1066MHz)
Max DIMM Sizes : 4GB
Maximum system memory : 24GB

Now, I am 100% positive that these limitations are sheerly based on the W3550 inside of it. I'm going to put an L5640 in there, and I have two questions:

First, will the L5640 be compatible with my system? It's an S20, by the way, and I'm sure it will be. Same socket and everything, but I just want to be sure.

Second, what is the maximum size and number of RAM that I can use for that processor? I currently have an 8GiB module.
>>
>>56031891
Just look up the Intel spec sheet for the processor your mong.

Registered RAM is buffered RAM. You dun goofed.
>>
>>56026610
is 1440p a meme resolution
>>
How do you truly delete something from a computer? From google I've so far done a cclean as well as recuva to write over the deleted files. Is there anything else to do?
>>
I'm going for my first build ever. I have about 3000 euro saved up, so budget is no problem, but I'm wondering a couple of things :
1. Is it worth it to go for a 1080 if I'm not going to be playing 4k. Hell, is it even worth it to go for a 1070 over a RX480 or 1060 if I'm playing on 1080p?
2. Is an i7-6700k overkill? Should I just go for an i5-6600k?
3. Are Z motherboards the one ones that support overclocking?
4. Is VR worth it?
Cheers.
>>
>>56031994
>delete shit
>overwrite sector
>done

>>56032008
1. Not highly knowledgeable about the newest GPUs so I can't say that.
2. For gaming only you should get the i5
3. Yes you need a Z mobo for OC
4. It's worth it if you like it. Depends on the type of game you like.
>>
>>56031994
10 passes writing over the empty space, it takes about an entire day if not longer.

Google how to securely clean hdds, or securely clear blank space on hdds.
>>
>>56032036
Single pass is enough, multi pass is a meme. And if you are that paranoid about some files, just hammertime your hdd.
>>
>>56032047
single pass is definitely not enough, it's enough if you're selling the PC on ebay, it's not enough if you're securely erasing the hdd for actual security from intelligent data recovery professionals.
>>
>>56032008
I've had a VR headset for 2 months now, I don't think it's ready yet. quality content is a rarity. go try it somewhere where they show it off or ask a friend who has it to try it out. otherwise wait for 2nd or 3rd generation, the displays will hopefully a lot better by then.
>>
What does /g/ do after a fresh OS install?

Any must-have software?
>>
>>56032073
+1 the only thing worth using it for is racing and aircraft simulators and porn.

If you don't do the 2 former just get a google cardboard and watch porn with that.
>>
>>56032058
http://www.howtogeek.com/115573/htg-explains-why-you-only-have-to-wipe-a-disk-once-to-erase-it/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2039796/how-to-securely-wipe-sensitive-files-or-your-entire-hard-drive.html

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/how-many-passes-to-wipe-a-hdd.2289766/

https://superuser.com/questions/215852/is-using-multiple-passes-for-wiping-a-disk-really-necessary
>>
>>56032035
>>56032036

Yeah that's what I'm doing by using ccleaner to delete and then recuva to try and find the file and rewrite over it multiple times. The thing is what I deleted was a video file and I couldn't find it after deleting it with ccleaner and trying to find it with recuva. Do video files actually get deleted for real instead of just switching pointers the first time you delete them?
>>
>>56032096
damn, if only x-plane would support it already.
>>
>>56032109
>Do video files actually get deleted
They shouldn't.
>>
>>56032086
That's personal preference, if you just setup your pc and can't think what to install you already installed what you need. Don't bloat it up with meme software, if that software would be helpful you would have already installed it. But just for the sake of interest

>firefox and chrome
>steam
>vmware

Then i install linux and the vm and the relevant software for work.
>>
>>56032086
On Windows:

https://ninite.com/
>>
>>56031858
SOMEONE PLEASE FUCKING HELP ME WITH THIS OR I'M GOING TO FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>56032102
did you even read the article, the first one mentions using multiple passes even using their tips and says that makes it much harder and prohibitively more expensive, not impossible.

theres a reason the department of defence standard is 10 passes. but whatever mate, you can stick with your articles and i'll tell anon what I learned with 15 years of job experience.
>>
>>56032136
Is there any reason to have two or more browsers?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-11_15-26-29.png (73KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-11_15-26-29.png
73KB, 1024x768px
>>56031947
> Just look up the Intel spec sheet for the processor your mong.

I did that you fucking mong.

> Registered RAM is buffered RAM. You dun goofed.

You're a fucking retard, you know that?

Thanks a lot for answering none of my questions.
>>
>>56032170
>Is there any reason to have two or more browsers?
In case an awry update borks one of them.
>>
>>56032131
I just noticed I had set ccleaner to rewrite on deletes so hopefully that's okay. Thanks for your help

>>56032160
Did you work for the government? What did you do?
>>
>>56032170
For personal use I rice the fuck out of firefox and use it basically as a reader/media player by removing most of the UI.

For work it's handy to have multiple browsers to make sure your software/webpages work with all of them.
>>
File: burnt_harddrive.jpg (182KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
burnt_harddrive.jpg
182KB, 500x361px
How much of a gamble are factory re-certified/refurbished hard drives? Specifically WD 3TB from USA off Fleabay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272324507379

Can I trust these drives or will I be scammed into buying a timebomb?
>>
>>56032190
>>56032181
Thanks. I thought I was retarded for having two.
>>
>>56032184
>Did you work for the government? What did you do?

I do, and I can't say, but vaguely security and penetration for a 3 letter agency.
>>
>>56031109
Appreciate it, thank you.
>>
Is there a way I can set up my android phone to continuously make calls? I notice I have to call my family members five times before they pick up because they can't hear their ringtone and I don't feel like listening to ringtones before voicemail kicks in so I can re-dial them. Like an app or some trick?
>>
Okay I'll convey problem in a more calm way now.

>Install TAILS

>Works perfectly

>Activate Persistence on Electrum so I keep muh Bitcoins

>Shut it down cause it says only then will the effects take place

>Start up PC

>Hmmm, it's gone to Windows

>Restart PC, go to Boot menu

>Select USB that has TAILS on it

>Still goes straight to windows

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.
PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.
>>
File: 1459128179675.jpg (136KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1459128179675.jpg
136KB, 728x546px
1st time computer builder here.

Do I need a special part to connect my monitor to my new PC with an HDMI cable? Like something inside the tower? I know very little about it.
>>
>>56032249
unplug the windows hdd and see if you can even boot into tails.

i dont know what any of that other shit is
>>
>>56032160
Yeah I read it, did you? Because of the high density a single pass is fine now. And like I said: if you are that paranoid just smash the HDD.

>>56032172
Then why are you asking how many GB the processor supports?

Also: you said you bought Registered RAM and the specs clearly say that "DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM" is supported. Therefore buffered (aka registered) RAM is not supported.
>>
>>56032245
>I have to call my family members five times before they pick up because they can't hear their ringtone
What horrible people, just leave them whatsapp voice messages or a text.
>>
>>56032264
modern motherboards generally have hdmi out on them, check the specifications of the motherboard, it will say. also modern graphics cards also have hdmi out, in case you are buying a gpu as well.
>>
>>56031320
I've been messing around with it for about an hour now and nothing I do seems to have any effect on the fans and temperatures.
I did everything this guide told me to, but nothing helps: http://www.almico.com/sfarticle.php?id=5
Any idea what the problem might be?
>>
>>56032271
For your sake I hope the feds never knock on your door because you are wrong. I don't care to argue this anymore..
>>
>>56032297
Just smash and burn the fucking disk and get it over with.
>>
>>56032297
They're very very eager, but small-time stuff isn't important, if you went on ToR and looked at some cp one time you're probably fine.

Make a habit of it and it's going to catch up with you one day, it costs a lot to raid people, consider if your actions are worth the government investing ~100k to come and get you.
>>
Has anyone managed to get Pandora to work with the Vivaldi Browser?
>>
>>56031973
> 16:9
Yes.

>>56031994
Use BleachBit.
Alternatively, seven passes with a strong magnet over each side of the hard drive.

>>56032008
Get a dual socket 2011-V3 motherboard, some E5-2xxx V3 or even V4 series CPUs (preferably Engineering Samples, they're much cheaper), a RX 480 if you're going to keep playing 1080 on a single screen, you shouldn't need to overclock, and no, VR isn't worth it (yet).
>>
>>56032274
I wish. They need something to sound for them to be reminded of their phones, otherwise they reply to my text hours after or until I meet up with them in person only for them to pull out their phones and apologize for not checking it.
>>
>>56032366
>Engineering Samples
Where do you buy those? To my knowledge they are not sold.
>>
>>56032286
Just checked the box. Hdmi port ready. Thank you anon.
>>
>>56032487
wont get raided for that, and if you did it wouldn't hold in court. "i was looking for music and I found this link" "where did you find the link?" "i cant remember"

you have to make a habit of it for it to be an issue, but delete the data anon.
>>
>>56032487
Not that anon but I expect that they would go after the distributor and not the one time downloader.
>>
Is there anyway to make it so my drive letter of my usb doesn't change regardless of what windows pc I'm plugging it into?
>>
I heard you can code a backend in Java... if this is the case, why does anyone use node, rails, django, or C?

Also, where do i find tutorials on making a java backend? (Std libs only, please)
>>
>>56032518
I dont think so, since most OSs would need a protocol for dealing with your USB if that drive letter is taken
>>
>>56032516
>>56032517
Thank you very much you guys I'll still keep a pill nearby at all times
>>
What are some cool technology related YouTube channels that have long videos I can listen to in the background while working?
>>
What browser should I use?
>>
So I'm using a tether to my phone with a third party app, if it matters the app is PdaNet, that's all fine and dandy but it will not let me connect to a VPN on the PC side, is there any sort of way I can connect or am I SOL?

I know I was told by other anons that torrenting and the like really should not be done on a phone connection, but until there's a database of mega links for movies and music I don't think I have an alternative
>>
>>56032271
> Also: you said you bought Registered RAM and the specs clearly say that "DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM" is supported. Therefore buffered (aka registered) RAM is not supported.
Yeah, you're a fucking retard.

Fully buffered DIMMs are denoted by an F in their name, such as PC2-5300F. Registered DIMMs are denoted by an R in their name, such as PC3-8500R.

Did you even read the fucking Capabilities?

> Maximum Capability : 1600MHz, UDIMM : PC3-10600 (1333MHz), RDIMM : PC3-8500 (1066MHz)

This means that it can take PC3-10600U, and PC3-8500R.

Buffered RAM hasn't been made since DDR2.
>>
>>56032580
Have you ever heard of this thing called podcasts?
>>
>>56032627
Okay what are some of those I can listen to?
>>
>>56032572
so it just assigns the first unused one?
>>
>>56032652
http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/03/10-tech-podcasts-you-should-listen-to-now/
>>
>>56032396
> Where do you buy those? To my knowledge they are not sold.
That is correct.
However, if you look at places like eBay or Craigslist, you may just *happen* to find a couple of people or "people" doing just that.
>>
>>56032652
I like NPR's Note to Self, although the host gets a bit self righteous at times
>>
>>56032613
Cool beans, my apology in that case.
>>
>>56032396
And please, ask me any questions regarding Engineering Samples. I'm sure you'll have a few.
>>
>>56032686
Nah. I cannot listen to NPR. I can listen to Stefan Molyneux :).
>>
File: ozone-molecule.jpg (60KB, 896x996px) Image search: [Google]
ozone-molecule.jpg
60KB, 896x996px
Are ozone generators safe?
>>
>>56032700
not an argument
>>
>>56032588
Firefox.

>>56032602
I'd say you're SOL, but that's just me. I don't have any experience with PdaNet, but I know that you have to buy the paid version to use HTTPS.

>>56032690
It's alright.
>>
>>56032747
yes
>>
Can Bluetooth devices tell distance and direction from each other? Any wireless technology that does this?
>>
>>56032873
Without looking into it at all they can tell distance by signal strength, it would be rough, but they can, wifi devices can do it so i imagine bluetooth can.

To tell direction you'd need 2 devices to triangulate.
>>
>>56032889
>>56032873
oh and you could also tell direction by quickly polling signal strength and moving the device around, the direction you move the device in that results in stronger signal is the direction the device is at.

I only considered stationary devices.
>>
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
>>
>>56032914
why is what happening?
>>
Can anyone recommend a rack for a HP Proliant DL360-G5? I bought one of these and it's just sitting around. I'd like to mount it with the rails it came with
>>
>>56032889
Not the same guy, but can't signal strength be reduced by thick walls and other objects?
I don't see how it's a good indicator of distance.
>>
>>56032934
>4GB
>>
>>56032935
It's a default rack mount right? Just any rack would do fine.
>>
>>56032936
sure it can, but it would still be related to the direction of the broadcasting device..

Device (wall) reciever.
All the signal after passing through the wall will be weaker, so it will reduce at a somewhat linear rate past the wall. The wall will just be a significant hit in signal. As you get closer to the wall, the weakened signal would still increase.
>>
>>56032936
Wouldn't it be possible to measure how long it takes between sending and receiving?
>>
Is it okay to put your phone in the refrigerator to cool it down?
>>
>>56032998
http://superuser.com/a/1091794
>>
>>56032998
Sure, if you want condensation all over it
Probably wont kill it
>>
>>56032991
That would probably have a similar usefulness as just measuring signal strength.

And you can measure signal strength without having a connection to the device sending the signal.
>>
>>56032971

Can you elaborate. I is retard
>>
>>56031482
vim is for C (and real men, kudos), use pocketcpp for C++

>>56032547
anyone??
>>
>>56033132
The rack unites all have default sizes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_unit
>>
File: 4L_pmSeVwMG.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_pmSeVwMG.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>56033132

The rack I have my networking stuff on is too small for it. I need another. The Proliant is on the right. On the floor
>>
How fucked is someone who only went for a CS degree because people said it paid good and isn't super keen on programming? I don't dislike programming and sometimes have fun with it but I don't go out learning things on my own that often. Graduated but haven't found a job yet, should I just go for something low level like IT?
>>
So I just got Antergos. I followed this guide (https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=214313) to install the driver for my RX 480. I followed everything exactly but it seems like it isn't working properly. I had to force my display to 1920x1080 from the default 1024x768 for Xorg and Steam doesn't run. Help?
>>
On Android, where does Spotify keep its' downloaded songs?
>>
I quit my code monkey sweatshop after getting accepted into junior sysadmin position. Did I fuck up?
>>
Which color Western Digital hard drives are best between blue, green, and black?

I'm planning to get a couple 3tb drives for media storage that I'll be using regularly and I want to make sure I'm buying the longest lasting ones.
>>
>>56033378
Yellow, that is RE series.
>>
>>56033378
green for storage
red for storage inside a NAS
SSDs for anything else.
>>
I have zero personal experience building a desktop, but I want a good gaming build that I can upgrade as needed.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/j3bL2R
I've already got accessories like monitor and keyboard etc from my last PC that broke.
Suggestions or anything super important I'm missing?
>>
>>56033311
Nope.

Enjoy your new life!

>>56033378
Out of the ones you mentioned, I think the Black would be best, but people generally think that it's too loud. Blue's the second best, followed by Greens, which are the worst and are only suitable to data storage.
>>
>>56032871
What about all the articles and even the EPA that talks about how Ozone is such a toxin and is ineffective?
>>
>>56033418
you want either 2x or 4x ram sticks, 3x does not benefit from dual channel.
the 970 is heavily out of date by now, look at the 1060 or 480x
you accidentally added a blue drive instead of an ssd
>>
>>56033185

Does anyone know a eBay page or link that could help me here?
>>
>>56033469
Sweet, thanks
>>
This is probably asked very often, but which is the best version of the GTX 1060? Is Zotac alright to go with?
>>
>>56033707
> Zotac
No.
>>
File: folder bar.png (3KB, 957x27px) Image search: [Google]
folder bar.png
3KB, 957x27px
What buttons do I press in Windows to change this bars color?

It's on top of every folder, it has this wishy washy blue color that makes my foobar look like shit and I don't like that.

I don't even know what the thing is called so I have a hard time using Google to find help

Note that I don't want to switch all the way to the classic Windows theme, there has to be some way to just make this bar a reasonable color
I tried to change every color that the control panel would let me to bright red and that bar is still fucking blue
>>
I need some help fixing >windows aero.

I recently moved and when I got to my new place aero suddenly wasn't working, I've tried running the troubleshooter, messing with desktop service manager thing, updating graphics card driver, and refreshing my windows experience score but nothing seems to be working.

any help would be appreciated
>>
>>56033418
Gonna have to say you should rework almost everything

Switching to skylake will be almost the same cost for a more modern platform

I'd get a better cooler if you're going with an i7

Get an SSD of at least 240GB to pair with an HDD, if you get a 500 or 1 TB SSD you could just drop the HDD entirely

The 970 is outdated like >>56033469 said but if you're going with an i7 you should at least get a 1070, otherwise I'd recommend dropping your CPU to a i5 in a gaming focused build

A full tower is going to be way bigger than you'll ever want, save some there and get a smaller and cheaper case.
>>
>>56033752
Pretty sure not even classic theme changes that thing.
>>
How long should I wait for Razer to stop trying to milk retarded buyers and finally to price the Razer Core close to what it's worth.
>>
NEXT:
>>56033421
>>56033421
>>56033421
>>
>>56033810
kek
>>
>>56033796
Kill me.

I don't want to install some gay theme from Deviantart so Foobar doesn't have those stupid light blue bars everywhere
>>
>>56033828
What does explorer have to do with foobar?
>>
>>56033912
All the toolbars in Foobar look the same as that blue bar in the explorer, apparently they are connected

Anything I found on the internet about changing the color in Foobar is people posting about how I should download their totally radical Windows theme because that's the only way to change it for some reason

I don't understand why anyone would have it be that way
>>
>>56033707
>>56033716
Please help, I cannot discern which versions are worth buying. I'm not looking for oc/sc by the way, just standard.

What exactly is wrong with Zotac? What is the better alternative?
>>
File: 1451537415997.png (46KB, 174x238px) Image search: [Google]
1451537415997.png
46KB, 174x238px
What does battery acid taste like and how can I safely drink it? Please respond as soon as possible.
>>
>>56034595
Zotac is fine. They're good for a basic model. They don't mod the shit out of things like some other brands, but they make reliable products
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.