[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 going to be the phone of the year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: samsung-galaxy-note7-r0.jpg (61KB, 660x445px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-note7-r0.jpg
61KB, 660x445px
Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 going to be the phone of the year?
>Internal 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
>- 24-bit/192kHz audio
>12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
>3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
>3500 Li-Po 3500 mAh battery, 500 more than the note 5
>Android 6.0.1 (planned update to 7.0 Nougat)
>IP68 certified
>somehow 2g(169g) lighter than the (171g) Note 5
>>
Note 6 hello?
>>
It's great looking and everything but as long as it's not rootable and bootloader unlocked. It fails.
>>
>>56015158
>not rootable
Hasn't been since the Note 5. RIP.
>>
>>56015049
Forgot to mention it also has an sd card slot up to 256 GB, and one thing I don't like is the dual edge display, although my thoughts can change.
>>
What does /g/ think of the phab 2 pro?

Is the whole tango thing a meme? I do alot of floor measuring at work and the idea of being able to map everything eounds nice.
>>
>>56015213
You do realize like 90% of Android phones today have micro SDXC slots that support up to 2TB micro SD cards right? It's not something special.
>>
>>56015239
2tb micro sd cards don't even exist dude
>>
>>56015239
Its noteworthy because the Note5 didn't have expandable storage.

Also if you preorder you can get a 256GB mSD card for free.

>>56015158
>as long as it's not rootable and bootloader unlocked. It fails.
Meh, it's not really as big a deal as it used to be, I VPN to my home server which filters my internet and acts as an adblocker as well as letting me access my media server for streaming my own music, anime, movies, TV, etc.

Half the shit I used to root for is built in now.
>>
>no IR blaster
>taking away features that already existed and worked well
>>
>>56015273
We know but the micro SDXC spec supports up to 2TB cards. We're not that far from them either. Next year we should be seeing 400GB micro SD cards and a few years later we will see the first 1TB micro SD card.
>>
>>56015303
so what's the point of saying
>90% of android phones today have micro sdxc slots when they will be useless 8 years from now because we will have 1tb or even 2tb micro sdxc cards
>>
>>56015285
Rooting is much more than adblock.
>>
>>56015344
Is rooting the only way to use an ad blocker?
>>
>>56015464
No.
>>
>>56015285

>Half the shit I used to root for is built in now.

Google still has all its bloatware firmly embedded in /system/app's colon.
>>
>>56016288
I have my penis firmly embedded into your mother's colon.
>>
>>56015049

>edge screen
>only 256GB SD slot
>no root
>late Android 7
>price increasing for no apparent reason

Yeah, naw. This is a fine phone, sure, but the flatscreen Galaxy S7 Exynos is by far a better value with really no change in functionality, other than the pen. Nothing on the Note's spec list adds up to $300 more value.
>>
>>56016343
>edge screen
no problem with this
>only 256gb sd slot
what? you can use lower size sd cards too
>no root
you don't know that yet
>late android 7
if you want the latest android get a nexus
>price increase
yeah I guess this is bad
>>
>>56016368

>what? you can use lower size sd cards too

Greater than 256GB man. C'mon. Kinda late to be needing coffee.

I said it's a fine phone. It's just not $300 better than its stablemate S7. I'd be hard pressed to say it's $100 better.
>>
>2016 top of the line phone
>a mere 4 GB or ram like flagships of 2013 and up
>SD slot support only up to 256 gb

cum on step it up
>>
>>56015049
>is the best flaghsip released this year gonna be phone of the year?

Gee boss

I dunno
>>
>>56016428
guessing you didn't read any other posts
>>
As the owner of a Note5, 500mAh battery means you go from 20 minutes of battery life, to 25 minutes of battery life. It is the most miserable experience I have ever had with a smart phone because the battery is absolute garbage.

4 hours in my pocket from a full charge and it's at 30%.

And you better fucking hope you're not on AT&T because you won't even be able to flash a new ROM on it.

I'm going with an industrial phone next. Hot swap batteries with a three day charge? No massive screen to drain your battery, and no worrhless pen.
>>
>>56016559
luckily with the new version of touchjizz you can lower the resolution to get 10 more minutes of battery! wow!
>>
>>56015158
This. Sticking with my Note 4 until it's destroyed, after which I'll probably get an LG stylo.
>>
>>56016559
Note 4 w/10kah ZL. Lasts me a solid 2 days with no power saving features. I haven't taken the charger out of the house for a year now, nor did I ever need it. I often get confused for a split second when people say their phone's battery is low/shut off.
>>
>>56017462
my negro. i just want a phone with a back i can open. fuck this gay glass shit.
>>
the battery will deteriorate over time and there's no way to replace it.

i'm stickin to my note 4 thanks
>>
>it's been almost 2.5 years since Samsung flagships had ROM support
Literally the only thing stopping me from picking one up after the price comes down.
>>
>>56015111
They skipped 6
>>
>>56015213
It's not as bad as it was on the S7e or S6e. it on only curves where the thin bezel would be to make the phone "bezeless"
>>
>No IR blaster
>Locked bootloader, unrootable

Thanks, I'll keep my Note 3.
>>
>>56019198
what do you root for? most of what I use to root for is built in phones these days
>>
After owning samsung phones no, it will be shit like every other samshit
>>
>smaller battery with bigger screen vs s7 edge
>150 dollars more for annoying iris scanner and s-pen

no thanks
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.